Diablo® III

Demon Hunter Skill Set

I'm leveling and in lvl 40 currently and i was looking for advice on the most efficient and highest dps skill set to use for a demon hunter. Any suggestions??
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Rogue
06/18/2012 01:41 PMPosted by TheKing2323
I'm leveling and in lvl 40 currently and i was looking for advice on the most efficient and highest dps skill set to use for a demon hunter. Any suggestions??

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXdVY!aeT!YcZbcb
Reply Quote
ok looks good besides the fact that a few of those skils are under the same action bar (smoke screen and catarops) how do i change that
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Rogue
06/18/2012 01:49 PMPosted by TheKing2323
ok looks good besides the fact that a few of those skils are under the same action bar (smoke screen and catarops) how do i change that

Go to options, gameplay and check elective mode

Edit: You can sometimes click skills off your bar on accident but you should check it, fix your skills, then uncheck it until you wish to change your skills up some. That way you won't accidently panic remove skills from your bar while running south on your screen.
Edited by Mapz#1871 on 6/18/2012 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
awesome thanks a bunch last question seeing is that i dont have the preparation rune and the elemental arrow rune do u recommend something else?
Reply Quote
Since you're lvl 40, I found this build to be exceedingly fast for progressing to lvl 52 and into Hell mode.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZPTfY!ceT!YaZZbb

Drop caltrops, Cluster Arrow w/ Shooting stars once mob pack is on them. Impale w/ Impact to keep elites within the AOE. Bat Companion to keep that Hatred flowing. Evasive Fire for those escape moments and to hit mobs through walls, etc. Hungering Arrow w/ Devour as bread and butter. With the right dmg, no trash packs survive past the caltrop+cluster+1-3 hungering arrows, and elite packs go down after just a few repeats.

The build linked by Mapher is standard for Inferno mode when survivability becomes a higher priority and it requires lvl 59.
Edited by Cocytus#1572 on 6/18/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thats awesome i appreciate it thats exactly the type of build i was looking for and thank you mapher for the build for inferno
Reply Quote
Here's what I think that I was using when I was level 40:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYVXT!Yeb!aZabZZ

Of course the build changes as you level.
Reply Quote
Try using the Ball Lightning rune for elemental arrow. You won't be dissatisfied.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]