Diablo® III

friend request from a gold seller.

85 Tauren Druid
I would like to know how someone who sells gold has my account name to even request me as a friend, this should not be allowed and if my address is public in any manner it is utterly pathetic. This should NOT happen.

(fecaeae) is the name of the account. very unimpressed.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
This bothers me also...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
This has everything to do with some site you're using having been hacked - but you have an authenticator preventing them from using that data.

They now have your bnet email, but no way to use it other than friend request you. So that's what they do, to try and get you to come to their site.

I'm very much considering switching my email again, just because.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
the e-mail i use is only for battle.net, the only time i use the account info is for battle.net or logging in, and yes i do have an authenticator. but seeing as how im so damn careful with my account this should not have happened
Reply Quote
how did they get my battlenet id?
Reply Quote
I am getting them also. I'm glad i have an authenticator.
Reply Quote
lmao u know that one time u posted on general chat? yup...
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Fullyfurious
the e-mail i use is only for battle.net, the only time i use the account info is for battle.net or logging in, and yes i do have an authenticator. but seeing as how im so damn careful with my account this should not have happened
This
Reply Quote
10 Human Priest
They're requesting you through battle tags, not emails.
Reply Quote
All they have to do is browse these forums to see your BT, thats where thry get them. I get them too and I never log into any other fan sites
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Srsly, I'm sincerely glad I bought an authenticator, I've had 3 friends requests from stupid gold spammers. How the hell are they getting my information? I have a completely separate laptop dedicated to all my p.orn and bad site surfing, so it's not like I'm going on those sites on this Asus gaming laptop. I'm completely baffled and I feel horribly unsafe.
Edited by Shorkshire#1850 on 6/15/2012 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 11:42 PMPosted by gerMaNN
how did they get my battlenet id?

Your Battletag is GerMaNN#1742. It's right there on your post. That's how they got it; it's not an account security matter. So while it's tremendously annoying, it's not something to worry about.

Or, more likely, you posted once in General chat. Since Blizzard decided to force everyone into it for a bit there, the spammers likely have scads of battletags they wouldn't otherwise have had.
Edited by PAV#1876 on 6/16/2012 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They are harvesting the forums where all of OUR battlenet ID's are available
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Have you played any public games lately?

I never had the issues until I joined few public games, then suddenly I'm getting them day by day.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just to let you all know, your battletag ID's are shown on these very forums. Don't just blame it on silly stuff like some website being hacked. It's also the fact that they're able to come on here and see it for themselves.

I made an edit so you can see my ID below. That's one way.

(Didn't read PAV's post... hit the nail on the head.)
Edited by Sane#1694 on 6/16/2012 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
remember when we were all force joined to general chat when logging in?

next time you are in a chat type /who and then right click one of the names that comes up. you can view profiles and get battle tags that way, or add friends that way. chances are they've been busying gathering tags through any means though.
Reply Quote
I've gotten them too, this is my first time posting on a thread. Glad I downloaded that authenticator when I got the game. Is it possible to replace your e-mail once you've made a battle.net account with a new e-mail or are you locked in?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Not once have i entered a public game, and every time i log in i exit general. Not once have i posted in trade, i have only ever whispered people.

But seeing has how they can get battle tags off of a forum post, then i guess my complaint is invalid. I will just stay glad that i have an authenticator.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Benedicition
They're requesting you through battle tags, not emails.

This and probably when you enter the general chat, upon first logging into the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]