Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.3 Tooltip Updates

As 2 others have mentioned before, Force Armor needs a serious tooltip update. New players won't know it was hotfixed, and may build incorrectly trying to use it to their advantage.
Reply Quote
can u improve the tool tip for haunt -resentful spirit..doesnt make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
blizz can we has patch notes please? i wanna know how bad my barb is gona be after the patch got a feelin yall are gona nerff him :/
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Yuri
What about the changes that we actually care about?

HA!
Reply Quote
Where the the hell is the Force Armor tooltip update? This was supposed to be last patch or two patches ago, can't remember, but it's not there and you guys need to fix it, ASAP.
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Flipper405
Tooltip now displays the correct duration for how long a target will be stunned: "Lightning damage dealt to enemies has up to a 8% to Stun the target for 1.5 seconds." (The functionality of the skill has not changed.)

Shouldn't it be "...up to an 8% chance to Stun..."?

this is the kind of crap that pisses me off with this game

up to an 8% chance

why the fk isnt it just an straight 8% chance to stun just makes it worthless
Reply Quote
any word on the mobs changes?

ie... the elites?

no more perma shields right???
Reply Quote
Is the IAS going to be fixed into ASI now?
Reply Quote
Is blizzard going to change current items attack speed or just new drops? In diablo 2 they left the old items. Then the new items came out and they were both really good in different ways add more variety in the game. It would be crazy to change current items and destroy item stability. If items can just change on the dime how can we pay real money for a product that is not what we paid for?
Reply Quote
While I appreciate clarifying some of the tooltips, what about the rest of the skills where the tooltip is simply not sufficient to explain how the skill actually works or are, in some cases, pretty much just wrong.

Examples (from wizard because I know it best):
-Blizz and Hydra not actually working off of weapon damage but listed damage
-channel spells (and some others) having double cast speed but half damage per tick
-Snow Blast rune causing the first tick of RoF to do significantly less damage than baseline.
-spell percentage modifiers for on hit abilities, specifically life on hit.

Are these going to be explained via tooltip updates or simply reserved for those in the know? And if not tooltips when might we expect the more expansive website guide akin to Arreat Summit that you talked about?

There are still a lot of players out there that are completely ignorant of these mechanics.
Edited by Narfle#1451 on 6/19/2012 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
Great, now we have to wait for a major patch to get the tooltips updated when it would be more pertinent to bring the game down for an hour to issue a tiny interim patch because of the QQ'ing that goes on in here :(
Reply Quote
the very basics of basics when creating a game, im very disappointed in blizzard for failing to provide accurate tooltips before even launching the game.
Also please do update tooltips correctly in the future when changes are made to skills.
The first nerf to DH smokescreen without updating the tooltips for a week was just ridiculous, the epitome of laziness
Reply Quote
My computer can´t open it? it stops at "Update Setup File"? What to do, please help me
Reply Quote
finally the patch is here... it was a horror month where non stop dying in inferno act 2,3,4... like more than 100+ times just to get through inferno ms...

hope this patch won't disappoint us... even i cleared inferno ms, however i still think act 2,3,4 is too difficult... i not even wanna spend time to go in again for gold farming... cause it is not fun at all... i rather go back to act 1 again and again... anyway... slightly reduce creeps' dmg will be better... hee...

hmmm... after this patch... our repair cost gonna extremely raise to 30k each repair? or even higher? haha...
Reply Quote
WOW...this is pointless and annoying...game is down ...gear changes.

why now...do this before RMAH or do it way down the road...why now...

and now I cant play either ...FAIL...
Reply Quote
Hi my name is READING, have we ever met?

We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. PDT in order to deploy patch 1.0.3. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT.

Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download patch 1.0.3 until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 1.0.3 is live until those regions have also patched.

For reference, here are the scheduled maintenance times for each region:

The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT (6/19) to 1:00 p.m. PDT (6/19)
Europe: 6:00 p.m. PDT (6/19) to 4:00 a.m. PDT (6/20)
Asia: 1:00 p.m. PDT (6/20) to 11:00 p.m. PDT (6/20)

Nice to meet u READING... :D
Reply Quote
They spent like twelve years making this game right?
They've made millions upon millions of dollars from game sales and WoW subscriptions right?

I guess the real question is....

WTF?
Reply Quote
Omg 10 hours for a patch maybe they need to take a page out of Runescape and use sql and java scripting the longest time i've ever seen runescape down for a patch is 10 min max.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]