Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.3 Tooltip Updates

06/19/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Dustorm
But if it really is 10 hours of downtime to fix some wording.... I might just have to uninstall.

Seriously? Your going to uninstall a game just because of some maintenance?

Have we really become this spoiled with such an overarching sense of entitlement that people don't even feel the slightest twinge at embarrassment for even thinking of posting such remarks?

As for other comments about the games completeness, time to market, etc. - it's a complicated game with tens, maybe even hundreds of millions of members at this point - with millions of active users at a time. It's not as trivial as throwing together some java and SQL to reference another laughable post...

Do I like it the game is down? Of course not. Is it the end of the world? Hardly.

Now one thread I do strongly agree with is Blizzard does need to get their @%#$ together and put the game notes, patches, and other such technical stuff together in one easy place - and I think the SWTOR was a good example of how that particular stuff is done right. Then again if it's a trade off of documentation vs. game play I'll happily shut up and prefer Blizzards performance over Biowares ;)
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:01 AMPosted by Uberd0rk
are you doing anything about the block list limitation and how i can't block any more goldspammers, while having over 500 friend requests from names like "dslkjsdfkj"?

There's a limit to the block list? That sucks! I guess I've been lucky so far - 500 requests would be beyond annoying!

For that many, there needs to be a bulk abuse reporting method too - I can't imagine having to open even 50 at a time up and report them as spam, let alone report and block.
Reply Quote
22 Night Elf Priest
why don't you also UPDATE the MONK Breath of Heaven tool tip to what it actually does, it says heals you and your allies within 12 yards but allies need to be within 1 yard to receive a heal,,, better yet MAKE THE SPELL DO WHAT IT SAYS
Reply Quote
Monk
Seven-Sided Strike - Sustained Strike

Um, well, one possibly need to re-read the old description (which is something like 'reduce by x sec') before one can understand it; but I do think there're other skill descriptions which need the clarification more. At least One with Everything, for instance, which contains the word 'elemental' and that is very misleading in my opinion. I disregarded, and of course discarded, many items boosting physical/arcane resistance since they're not 'elemental' resistance and never bother using this passive even though my physical resistance by far exceeded the others since all my elemental resistance were more or less the same. I just found this out in the forum recently and when testing it in the game, it does boost every resistance by any one that is the highest. =/
Reply Quote
Ahhhh patch faster!
Reply Quote
In patch 1.0.3, we're updating the tooltip descriptions for several skills and skill runes. These updates are being made for one of two reasons:
  • To make sure that the tooltip description matches how the skill functions in-game
  • To provide additional detail about how a skill works, or to describe how a skill works more clearly

To ensure that players aren't surprised by these changes, we've listed each of the tooltip updates in 1.0.3 below. Please note that the functionality for the associated skills and skills rune have not been changed.

Why don't you guys fix the game AND the tooltips, lol. Hey send this to jay wilson, MAKE SURE IT'S IN CAPS SO HE CAN READ IT http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5835775092
Reply Quote
I wish you guys would just make the tooltips reflect what they say on the skill calculator page. That would save me the trouble of having to pull up the skill calculator to compare numbers between skills.
Reply Quote
22 Night Elf Priest
well LOKI that's a SNAG
Reply Quote
Well if you don't have a good computer with a GPU that can run the new Diablo 3 ,you might outta consider looking at that and finding out if that might be the cause of the low FPS, because i don't seem to have any trouble running the game. Besides 10 hour maintance is a good thing, give you time to go out side and smell a flower or 2, or maybe walk off some of that frustration you seem to have built up inside from sitting in front of your computer. system check @ canirunit.com, go take a look see
Reply Quote
Blizzard, I know most people are complaining about fixes, and I'm sure many don't care about this one. However, I am one of the few players who does care about the details, and this fix is appreciated. Here's something you rarely hear (though it's quite easy to say) "Thankyou."
Edited by BlondeBomber#1285 on 6/19/2012 7:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i love you blizzard for nerfing damage on group games <insert fansign here>
Reply Quote
Sounds like a bunch of Immigrants from the back of home depot are working on this game to me.
Reply Quote
I love this game!!!!!!!! Thank you blizzard. :)
Reply Quote
what about patch notes?
Reply Quote
Witch Doctor
Summon Zombie Dogs - Leeching Beasts
Tooltip has been updated for clarity: "Your Zombie Dogs heal 50% of the damage they deal as Life divided evenly between themselves and you." (The functionality of the skill has not changed.

GREAT >_O
Reply Quote
My game won't let me play because it keeps coming up patch needed after I try to login. How do I fix this???
Reply Quote
Why aren't there patch notes up yet? At least give us something to do while the game is down . . .
Reply Quote
Didn't read their update note, as it did not help me last time with the d3-0-9991-win-final.mpq file error. So I just jumped to conclusions this time.

Didn't know they were working on this new engine update. As maintenance usually doesn't take this long. But, its nice they brought it to us.

Thank you for reading all their notes and letting us know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]