Diablo® III

Are We The Worst Class?

i will just melt plenty of other classes in pvp real soon
Reply Quote
View profile
since they released monster power I would have to admit I think witch doctor is once again the weakest class in the game at high gear levels. Really seems like the devs are out of touch with our class and how certain stats scale like mana regen and attack speed scale with the changes the patches have introduced to the game.

and im hoping for big buffs to wd for douling in order for us to stand a chance against dh or monk.
Reply Quote
I disagree on the critical damages. With my 156k dmg I hit 40% of the times with criticals, increased 208%, which make a big destruction with firebats in MP8. Buffed, it goes close to 250k dmg. Is there any other class that does such damage ?
Reply Quote
View profile
01/02/2013 08:13 AMPosted by B4n1sH3r
I disagree on the critical damages. With my 156k dmg I hit 40% of the times with criticals, increased 208%, which make a big destruction with firebats in MP8. Buffed, it goes close to 250k dmg. Is there any other class that does such damage ?

lol is this a joke. wd gets the least benefit from any class for crit.

barbs and monks can crit for over 5 MILLION dmg and thats with like 75%+ crit chance. and every class except wd gets some way to get resources (mana) from crits except wd. We definitly got the short end of the stick on that one bro.
Reply Quote
I get mana from life globes (passive skill, also increases dmg), and I replenish mana more fastly with complete Zunimassa´s set, and the more you kill the more you get in mana. A bit expensive, but it worths it. About this 5M dmg with 75% crit, as far as I have played in MP8 (and I am not an expert), maybe I didn´t play with such a barb or monk, because I don´t have seen in the ones I had been playing (randomly chosen) to cause such a different destruction.
Edited by B4n1sH3r#1263 on 1/2/2013 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
bah just play the game
Reply Quote
Very nice crit and dmg, Rakimallah, and interesting choice in button 2.
Reply Quote
I didn't know ....till I started my CM Wiz and Barb.
For barb., I just used all I could get from loots... I didn't spend any gold on it (except some gems upgrade.)
With only 129k dps with a right build setting, this crappy barb can buffed up to 300k dps all by himself and do crazy crit dmg!!!! and again, this is a weak barb I just started in a week or so! Besides, he can do very well in life steal and survive!

I think I had to spend quite some gold in WD and may have to use bear just to get somewhere a bit closer to there...

life steal? WD has only very limited options.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 1/2/2013 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 09:11 AMPosted by ChuckNorris

barbs and monks can crit for over 5 MILLION dmg and thats with like 75%+ crit chance. and every class except wd gets some way to get resources (mana) from crits except wd. We definitly got the short end of the stick on that one bro.

What barb crits at 5 million? You are obviously talking about HotA - Smash, where a barb at 156k sheet DPS will crit at around 1 mil. I had 230k sheet DPS at one point and I could not hit 2 mil unless an ally was buffing my damage. Maybe the top few barbs in the world can crit at 5 mil if they are playing with MoC monk and BBV WD? I haven't seen it but it might be possible.

Either way, bears and bats have totally different mechanics from HotA. They are not comparable skills in any way.
Reply Quote
Lol. Can the mods please delete this thread? It's ancient and it is mindless/whiny QQ.

You all must be out of your mind. WD weakest class? What heals better than Zero dogs? What skill buffs more than Voodoo/Slam Dance? BBV is like !@#$ to my melee buds in mp10 ubers and it is a huge reason we can even clear them before they enrage.

The approach/resource system for WD is the proper system and method. Why? Because you actually have to put thought into resource management. Mana actually means something! Think about it! It is a well-designed resource system! If you want Bears or other high dps attacks, you need to stack additional max mana, regen, cost reduction, etc, so that you can dish out optimal dmg and use your best moves to full effect.

Here is the problem - the other 4 classes do NOT have to put hardly any thought at all into their resource management. Wizards have apoc, Fury generation and Thrive on the Chaos is f#$king ridiculous for barbs (there are Barbs doing ENTIRE Alkaizer runs in Wrath form - I have no idea how Blizzard could not view this as a red flag) and Demon Hunters do just fine with a little extra hatred regen and additional max discipline on gear. As for Monks, it's a whole different issue that I will mention briefly.

Here is my opinion on the following:

WD resource system - Working as intended.
Demon Hunter - Working as intended.
Barb - FAR too easy to maintain Fury.
Wizard - FAR too easy to maintain Arcane.

Monk - Easily the most screwed up system of all and by far the worst. At present time, Monks have absolutely no reason whatsoever to excessively use spirit other than to maybe spam their mantra's 3 second bonus in mob fights. I don't think many of you have played as or with monks or talked to any in depth, but they are pigeon-holed into one optimized build at the moment that is extremely difficult to break out of because nothing beats Thunderclap or the standard set-up that goes with it.

I'm not saying that WD is 100% balanced - every class has skills/runes that desperately need buffs or changes (I'm going to cry if no changes are made to firebats or haunt next patch). But I never understand this mindless %^-*!ing about how we are weak/useless. Our class has insane utility.

I will mention one catagory that people often overlook when viewing which class is the "best" in certain areas. We are, very easily, the best at reviving people. Every WD runs spirit walk, and it is hands down the best move to revive fallen allies in ubers or other intense fights. Using Jaunt, I was able to revive not just one, but two fallen allies at the same time in an mp10 uber the other day, thus saving the fight. Also, BBV is an insane buff, pets are amazing distractions, we have the widest variety of viable-builds, and the list goes on. Stop whining and play the game.

It's not all about holding down your bear button indefinitely and not having to think about anything.

/end rant
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 1/3/2013 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lol. Can the mods please delete this thread? It's ancient and it is mindless/whiny QQ

After your considerations, and specially ending with

It's not all about holding down your bear button indefinitely and not having to think about anything.

I think if it were to be over, not beeing deleted, but ended.
Edited by B4n1sH3r#1263 on 1/3/2013 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
I personally love my !@#$%doc!
I have a pile of 'favorite builds' for diff situations.
I think where we 'shine' above other class's, is stacking dots. (Example, 100k damage witchdoc can actually sustain 1,144.6k actual dps with dots on a single target).
The focus of the game is usually AoE, and we got some ok & fun aoe.

I think alot of players are too focus'ed on punch damage and a single button. (Twister/Archon wizzy, WW barb, etc)

I also, love the look of the guy, the style'in walk, the sexyest looking spells in the game. Who in real life doesn't want to tip to around & throw a jar full of spiders @ someone you don't like?!!
Reply Quote
I started a barb and I m no expert on that...and I agree that it's very hard to compare, esp. in buffed crits.

Just curious, with your dps, how much crits you get with Bash (punish) + WotB (insanity) + Battle Rage + HotA?
Your dps will be over 460k ?

01/03/2013 06:34 AMPosted by VeePow

What barb crits at 5 million? You are obviously talking about HotA - Smash, where a barb at 156k sheet DPS will crit at around 1 mil. I had 230k sheet DPS at one point and I could not hit 2 mil unless an ally was buffing my damage. Maybe the top few barbs in the world can crit at 5 mil if they are playing with MoC monk and BBV WD? I haven't seen it but it might be possible.

Either way, bears and bats have totally different mechanics from HotA. They are not comparable skills in any way.
Reply Quote
WD is best class... you just need to play zero dog.
Reply Quote
Just curious, with your dps, how much crits you get with Bash (punish) + WotB (insanity) + Battle Rage + HotA?
Your dps will be over 460k ?

Buffed my crits will possibly go around some 250k x 2,5 (in game crit is higher than it shows in Heroes Page) or more without the mentioned skills, so you can calculate it (I am not sure of the highest dps since It´s hard to check in the middle of a battle where buffs increase). But don´t take it as a mark. Players with higher criticals, and I saw some with a lot more, with 2H weapons, possibly crit more than 1m.
Edited by B4n1Sh3r#1520 on 1/4/2013 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 09:36 PMPosted by SweetLove
i will just melt plenty of other classes in pvp real soon

not if you get paired with equally geared players. being worth 7b as a CM wiz or a DH, you would get spanked. a class that can kite on you will own you. melee classes will likely get owned by you.
Reply Quote
WDs clear low mp fast. With Acid cloud we kill white mobs faster than Django...

(sorry just looking to find a place to use that joke somewear....)
Reply Quote
View profile
01/04/2013 09:37 PMPosted by blackjack
WDs clear low mp fast.

yet slower than every other class lol
Reply Quote
we are the most challenging and the best class if you play using your brains not just hands,

we are not the worst
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]