Diablo® III

Imperius is anything but angelic....

i agree, and in wrath diablo seemed to have hit a nerve when he said imperius was hiding something. and imperius got mad and raged diablo, isn't that hatred? that's evil. not all the angels were good; inarius betrayed them followed by breeding with a demon, and we all know about izzy. Plus i can't imagine imperius is happy about tyrael and his defeat. I hope we get to kick his butt in a expansion.
Reply Quote
Imperius is actually Belial in disguise.
Reply Quote
I just realized that other thread that talks about how Tyrael says the longer you fight evil the more it can corrupt your heart - it really seems to relate to this topic about Imperius. Here is someone who was born from the crystal arch as the purest form of good and has been fighting a never ending battle against evil and made to watch as friends die in rather gruesome ways. At each death he gets a little angrier at his situation until finally we see in that wrath video he wants blood for blood regardless of the cost or what the other angels want.
Reply Quote
And here we see the flaw in using the terms "Angel" and "Demon" when the beings are nothing of either sort.
Reply Quote
Remember, Angels are capable of Falling (IE: Izual).

It would not surprise me if Imperius fell from Grace and turned from Valor to Wrath.

There is the end day prophecy:

, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall turn to Wrath
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all
as fate lies shattered forever

The End of Days has already started from Diablo 2: LoD.

At the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost

Diablo 2: LoD ending. Tyreal destroys the worldstone. Malthael leaves the council as a result. He walks in Pandemonium. As of now, as far as we know, he is "lost".

As Justice falls upon the world of men.

Diablo 3: Act 1, Tyreal falls from the High Heavens, disgusted at the Council's inactivity to protect the innocent (aka: Nephalem). Though this could be countered that the Nephalem are inherently evil because of their Demon ancestory from Lilith.

Valor shall turn to Wrath

Diablo 3: Act IV, Just before you enter the Silver Spire(I think?), Imperius' wings change from white to gold(or another colour). This would indicate that he has successfully turned into Wrath and is no longer the ArchAngel of Valor.

Prediction: This turn ends up causing him to fall from the High Heavens as he transforms into the Lord of Wrath, one of the 7 sins.

Diablo 3: Act IV, Rakanoth, The Lord of Dispair nearly kills Auriel, The ArchAngel of Hope. The Nephalem hero successfully averts this, by killing Rakanoth's physical form, sending him back into the Black Abyss. The End of Days has been stopped.

Here is my prediction for the first Diablo 3 expansion:

The Nephalem hero is either nowhere to be found or is distracted by a returning evil. Imperius, now completely turned from Angel to Demon, ressurects Rakanoth. Rakanoth successfully kills Auriel (Thus fulfilling and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.) setting up Rakanoth as the final boss of Act 1 & Imperius as the final Boss for Act 2 (Because Imperius is a bad !@# mofo like that).

Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all as fate lies shattered forever

In a completely different twist(and going against what I would want to happen), Malthael stays lost and does not show up as a boss or the ArchAngel of Death.

Itherael, who has witnessed Malthael's abstaining and leaving the order, Izuals' betrayal, Tyreal's fall, Imperius' transformation into the Lord of Wrath & the death of Auriel is unable to take these atrocious acts anymore and throws down ArchAngel role of Fate and ascends to become the ArchAngel of Death. His Scroll of Fate becomes a Scroll of Death, listing the names of those that need to be Reaped and becomes a completely neutral figure to the likes of Trag'Oul.

This would result in the Tyreal being the only one left of the Angiris Council. The High Heavens, now completely disrupted, allowing for the return of the Prime Evils.

Will the above happen? Probably not, but it would be pretty cool.
Edited by MykeC#1836 on 7/23/2012 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Diablo 3: Act IV, Rakanoth, The Lord of Dispair nearly kills Auriel, The ArchAngel of Hope. The Nephalem hero successfully averts this, by killing Rakanoth's physical form, sending him back into the Black Abyss. The End of Days has been stopped.

Here is my prediction for the first Diablo 3 expansion:

The Nephalem hero is either nowhere to be found or is distracted by a returning evil. Imperius, now completely turned from Angel to Demon, ressurects Rakanoth. Rakanoth successfully kills Auriel (Thus fulfilling and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.) setting up Rakanoth as the final boss of Act 1 & Imperius as the final Boss for Act 2 (Because Imperius is a bad !@# mofo like that).

Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all as fate lies shattered forever

In a completely different twist(and going against what I would want to happen), Malthael stays lost and does not show up as a boss or the ArchAngel of Death.

Itherael, who has witnessed Malthael's abstaining and leaving the order, Izuals' betrayal, Tyreal's fall, Imperius' transformation into the Lord of Wrath & the death of Auriel is unable to take these atrocious acts anymore and throws down ArchAngel role of Fate and ascends to become the ArchAngel of Death. His Scroll of Fate becomes a Scroll of Death, listing the names of those that need to be Reaped and becomes a completely neutral figure to the likes of Trag'Oul.

The prophecy of hope being swallowed by despair happened, he just didn't digest it and just spat it out.
I do not suspect that Imperius will turn into a demon. I believe it will be more likely that him and a sect of angels will still split because they believe humanity should be destroyed.

The Scroll of Fate turning into the scroll of death makes no sense. It would be somewhat out of charcter as there is nothing to suggest that Itherael is corrupted or will be corrupt. Why would it make sense for all of the Angelic Council to fall, get lost, die or become corrupt?
Edited by Ascendedone#1637 on 7/23/2012 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The prophecy of hope being swallowed by despair happened, he just didn't digest it and just spat it out.

Hope is still alive. That part of the prophecy did not come to pass. I am not talking about the literal swallowing of Auriel (that would be something Ghom would do ;)), I am talking about the actual killing of Auriel by Rakanoth.

I do not suspect that Imperius will turn into a demon. I believe it will be more likely that him and a sect of angels will still split because they believe humanity should be destroyed.

This is possible. My prediction is based on what happened to Izual. And since Valor turns to Wrath and Wrath is one of the 7 deadly sins, that is how I came to the conclusion that Imperius will turn into a Demon Lord. It is merely a prediction though. I don't actually expect this to happen, but it would be pretty cool if it did :P.

The Scroll of Fate turning into the scroll of death makes no sense. It would be somewhat out of charcter as there is nothing to suggest that Itherael is corrupted or will be corrupt.

I'm following the End of Days Prophecy. It states that Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all as fate lies shattered forever. The acts that Ithereal has witnessed, shatter everything about him, thus shattering fate forever. This shattering changes(or ascends, pick what you will) Ithereal into the ArchAngel of Death (Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all). The ArchAngel of Death is always thought to have some type of a list with him as to whom shall be reaped and when.

Why would it make sense for all of the Angelic Council to fall, get lost, die or become corrupt?

Because this would go hand in hand with it being the End of Days Prophecy. Not just for Humanity but for the High Heavens as well.
Edited by MykeC#1836 on 7/23/2012 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hope is still alive. That part of the prophecy did not come to pass. I am not talking about the literal swallowing of Auriel (that would be something Ghom would do ;)), I am talking about the actual killing of Auriel by Rakanoth.

Swallowing does not mean kill. Auriel could be swallowed by Ghom and not die if she was immedately freed before being digested.

I'm following the End of Days Prophecy. It states that Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all as fate lies shattered forever. The acts that Ithereal has witnessed, shatter everything about him, thus shattering fate forever. This shattering changes(or ascends, pick what you will) Ithereal into the ArchAngel of Death (Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all). The ArchAngel of Death is always thought to have some type of a list with him as to whom shall be reaped and when.

I mean it makes no sense because the scroll of fate has events in it, not people. Most people think that the Archangel of Wisdom is the one who will become the Archangel of Death. People suspect that fate shattering means that he will lose his ability to see the future. I'm just now thinking that it means he will go insane.

Because this would go hand in hand with it being the End of Days Prophecy. Not just for Humanity but for the High Heavens as well.

Ah, well thats fairly interesting but seeing as how Tyraels still alive, I don't really expect that the others will be destroyed or corrupted as well. I expect 3 to still be serving Heaven in some way or form after all is said and done.
Reply Quote
Swallowing does not mean kill. Auriel could be swallowed by Ghom and not die if she was immedately freed before being digested.

That's your inturperetation of it. My understanding of "swallow" in this sense, is to kill. Despair swallows Hope, Rakanoth kills Auriel. Best to agree to disagree on this one.

I mean it makes no sense because the scroll of fate has events in it, not people. Most people think that the Archangel of Wisdom is the one who will become the Archangel of Death. People suspect that fate shattering means that he will lose his ability to see the future. I'm just now thinking that it means he will go insane.

I know thet Scroll of Fate has events on it. My understanding is that the Scroll of Fate is tied to Itherael and so with Itherael becoming the ArchAngel of Death, the Scroll would change as well.

I can see how people would believe that Ithereal would no longer be able to see the future, but I am looking at it from a different perspective.

Ah, well thats fairly interesting but seeing as how Tyraels still alive, I don't really expect that the others will be destroyed or corrupted as well. I expect 3 to still be serving Heaven in some way or form after all is said and done.

In my prediction, with Tyreal being the only one left of the Council (and mortal), this would make it fairly easy for the Burning Hells to invade the High Heavens and kill Tyreal. Act IV of the Diablo 3 Expansion could have the Nephalem hero protecting the last Bastion of the High Heavens as the Prime Evils assault the Diamond Gates again.

What I predict would essentially be a Dark Times for the High Heavens. The outcome would ultimately be that the Nephalem hero would defeat the Prime Evils again, saving the High Heavens and restoring the Balance. This victory would result in the Crystal Arch producing new ArchAngels of Valor, Hope, Fate and Justice with Tyreal being restored to ArchAngel as the ArchAngel of Wisdom while keeping what he viewed as a mortal.
Reply Quote
Maybe Imperius was dropped on his head during his birth. I think it's because big bad Diablo broke his shiny expensive spear in half.

*Imperius goes to angel merchant, ask how much does it cost to repair his spear*
Repair Cost: 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 Gold
*Imperius raged, kicked angel merchant in shin*
*Imperius disguised himself and goes to Santuary, walking to one of human merchants*
Repair cost: 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 Gold
*2 Days later, Imperius has just killed over 9000 human merchants*
*Having no choice and really missed his dear spear, Imperius goes to Hell*
*Imperius walked toward one of unholy merchants, asked for repair*
Repair cost: 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 Gold
*3 hours later, Hell has been destroyed by Imperius's rage*
*Seeing no choice, Imperius relunctantly goes to world's unholiest place ever known to angelkind...*
*Somewhere in Jay Wilson's room, Imperius asked for repair*
*Jay Wilson pointed at his computer screen*
Imperius: "..."
*Next day, Imperius walked into Council Room with Haxpistol that deal 9999999999999 damage and has 25 affixes*
*Tyrael asked Imperius where did he get that weapon, Imperius replied, "Jay Wilson"*
Reply Quote
Anyone ever seen that short movie "Wrath" that Blizzard made in collaboration with Titmouse? There's a part where Diablo and Imperius are squaring off, and Diablo says:

"Your rage makes you powerful, Imperius! Do you hide it from your brethren? Perhaps you fear them seeing you for what you truly are..."

My theory is that Imperius is the demon lord of wrath (anyone seen the movie "Se7en"?). That's why he's so incredibly angry all the time, and why he wasn't affected by Auriel's capture when all the other angels were.

I don't know why he's fighting for the angels...maybe Diablo and friends betrayed him ages ago? He does seem very capable of holding a grudge...
Edited by WordMaster#1125 on 7/25/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wordmaster: maybe he rouge demon who was disgraced and dissapeared after a failed battle that none talk about anymore.

and he plots to, since hell has fallen, finish heaven and bring the forces of hell back in a new age.

make sense if you think about it.
Reply Quote
Characteristic of Lesser/Prime Evil
Wants to destroy sanctuary. Uninfluenced by reason or compassion. Hell bent on destroying the opposing force. Arrogant.

Characteristic of Imperius
Wants to destroy sanctuary. Uninfluenced by reason or compassion. Hell bent on destroying the opposing force. Arrogant.

Now I can understand that Imperius is the strongest angel in heaven, and therefore would be a little arrogant and perhaps pushy or bossy. However, Imperius appears to be more of a personification of evil than good. The only thing which makes him even remotely appear as 'good' is the fact that he is on heaven's side, killing demons.

I am a little disappointed with this depiction. Angels were meant to be everything good about Anu, while the demons represent everything dark about Anu. Imperius is more like a dark side of Anu which was born in the wrong place.

maybe we should not think so much about evil or good here but actually the character it self.

Imperious is the incarnation of valour. He sees fighting evil as his prime act. Its what you would see as "The end justifies the means". Obviously that has not to mean that the decision he makes is a good one. I just tend to believe that Inarious has simply no other choice considering his nature. Just as how Tyrael cant do anything else then "judge".
Reply Quote
It kind of makes you realize that the Angiris Council was flawed from the beginning.
Reply Quote
07/26/2012 08:48 AMPosted by MykeC
It kind of makes you realize that the Angiris Council was flawed from the beginning.

I'm with you man.

I knew something was wrong the first time I heard about the Angiris Council. The whole idea of the Angiris Council became dirt stupid as soon as Tyrone said "hope has been silenced."
Edited by LittleDisco#1482 on 7/26/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you fight evil too long...Imperious got "corrupted" by Diablo too. Maybe the damage to the soul spire was enough to drive him to seek revenge on Adria and to destroy the human race to get to her.
Reply Quote
quote "so princess vespa, you thought you could outwit the imperious forces of planet spaceball"

angels are actually spaceballs sent to take all air from sancturary!!

zomg!vim a genius
Reply Quote
I havn't read all the comments, so Sry if Anyone else already said this.
Hell doesn't want to destroy Sanctuary they want the people of it to choose them over angels so that they can bolster their forces and win the Eternal Conflict.
And no, imperius is more "Evil" in human eyes than he is good.
because he was born from "The spine of Anu" doesnt mean he's good by default.
because then why did Inarius create the Nephalim and Sanctuary?

Hell's strategy to win over the humans is that they force them to think: If you can't beat them, join them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]