Diablo® III

A new patch is available - Workaround

Thank you so much Barthus. This worked for me:

1. Go in your Diablo III folder.
2. Open the .agent.db file on WordPad.(This file may be hidden and please, do not delete this file)
3. find the "patch_url" line and change its value to:
http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch4. Save and close the file.

5. Now go in the Battle.net folder:
Win 7/8/Vista
C:\ProgramData\Battle.netWindows XP
C:\Document and settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net(ProgramData and Application Data are hidden folders.)

6. Once inside the Battle.net folder, select and delete the Agent folder. (don't skip this step)

7. Start the Launcher.
Exactly what I was looking for, worked like a charm, especially after trying all the usual trouble shooting problems including a fresh install.

Did this from a fresh install. Perhaps those of you who're having trouble, this may help, fresh install it and try the steps again.

Cheers
90 Orc Warlock
you friggin legend man. this has been the bane of my existence come patch time. not sure how i ended up with a european client, i play the americas region.
thanks again
Thanks, it solved my issue.
damn can't we just patch it normally like other games should be why do we need to this all this stuff opening files and folders it hard to open files in mac rather than windows so can't we just patch it up normaly? its almost 15hours since the maintenance and still can't log in or patch it up normally damn... would you guys pls fix it now or just give an announcement about whats going on
this worked! thanks man!
lol nice solution some players here are just kids and don't know how to open files and folders stuff so how do you guys even think they could do your nerdy solutions can't we just patch it up normally cause I've been reading some of the post about opening these files and folder and it doesn't make sense cause we don't want to push out luck and destroying our diablo WE WANT TO PATCH IT UP NORMALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not understand and want to go thru all this!

Why should we make changes like that anyway? We are consumers who bought their product, and we have to be the ones who have to change this, change that and most probably mess our PCs by deleting something else just to play?

So not fair! They better fix it!

Why should we make changes like that anyway? We are consumers who bought their product, and we have to be the ones who have to change this, change that and most probably mess our PCs by deleting something else just to play?

TRUE. so fix this and let us patch NORMALY this is getting frustrating already. Im very disappointed.

Very true, but if you wanna play, do these instructions. very well done OP. BLIZZARD HIRE THIS MAN!
worked for me!
Though i admit i had to figure out few things on my own but i finaly did it!

... best tip i can give you, if you dont find what you are looking for, just type ''agent'' in the search engine and you will get the right files.

when patching... make sure you do it all the way... there is more than one spot that you need to modify the url.

You are the loop broker my man!
THX alot!
07/10/2012 09:57 PMPosted by malmon
damn can't we just patch it normally like other games should be why do we need to this all this stuff opening files and folders it hard to open files in mac rather than windows so can't we just patch it up normaly? its almost 15hours since the maintenance and still can't log in or patch it up normally damn... would you guys pls fix it now or just give an announcement about whats going on

I know... MACs are very troublesome...how come we have to do it ourselves??????
You are a God amongst men :)

Blizzard should pay you for fixing their mistakes ;)
07/10/2012 10:12 PMPosted by NGenius
i am still having trouble.....wth is wrong with it. if blizzard is going to fix this imma wait it out, if not well screw this game

if you still have trouble, but would like to play, please try the hybrid method in page 13 of my post

i highly recommend uninstall everything you've done so far and start a fresh install to keep it simple and clean
Worked. Thank you heaps! (from new zealand playing on Americas)
Been having the same problem but I'm running on a Macbook Pro 2011, OS X Lion. I'm on the US Server, and located here in the Philippines.

Any suggestions?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]