Diablo® III

A new patch is available - Workaround

Good Evening Burthus,

Sir, I tried searching for .agentdb file in DIABLO 3 Folders there is 1 .agent file without "db" and when i try opening it with ?? there is no word pad or any program can open this .agent file in my folder.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i tried lots of online game before but only Diablo 3 makes so difficult in terms in patching new patch or updates. why this game soooo complicated? cant you just make patch that will automatically update when players open the game? not like this.. blizz gave players a headache ... please do something about it.

To reveal hidden folders in windows 7, go to control panel->appearance and personalization->folder options, click on 'view' tab and select 'Show hidden files folders and drives' and click OK.

after that, locate c:\programdata\ and battle.net folder is in there.
it wont let me change anything in the agent.dp file
Any solutions for Macbook? OS X Lion?

Been waiting too long for any word from Blizzard. :|
I run macintosh 10.8, any help?
Hello. It worked. My patch URL was listed as SG (instead of US). The game updated and I was able to log in. Thanks.
Im from australia, tried using US instead of SG, downloaded some patch then it still didnt work, joke...
Thanks you have saved my day
These "workarounds" are really starting to take away the pleasure of playing the game..... I'm a console player so just wondering if this is the usual for most PC games similar to D3?
Good Evening Burthus,

Sir, I tried searching for .agentdb file in DIABLO 3 Folders there is 1 .agent file without "db" and when i try opening it with ?? there is no word pad or any program can open this .agent file in my folder.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i tried lots of online game before but only Diablo 3 makes so difficult in terms in patching new patch or updates. why this game soooo complicated? cant you just make patch that will automatically update when players open the game? not like this.. blizz gave players a headache ... please do something about it.

To reveal hidden folders in windows 7, go to control panel->appearance and personalization->folder options, click on 'view' tab and select 'Show hidden files folders and drives' and click OK.

after that, locate c:\programdata\ and battle.net folder is in there.

Thanks HAk for ur reply

anyway i tried what u said. but still i cant find .agentdb file in diablo 3 folder. only .agent is there without "db" word on the last part of agent. then i cant open with any program. 2nd i locate the battelnet folder and delted agent folder already but i cant FIND PATCH_URL file in diablo 3 folder.. hmmmm can you help me with this? thanks a lot
Cheers Barthus.

This was a great solve for me and only took a few minutes.

Kudos!
What about MAC users? There is NO work around for this loop hole!! Someone help!!!!
This worked for me.. I did step 1 of OP, but i before i launched game moved Diablo III.exe out of the folder, then launched, then deleted agent folder again and moved Diablo III.exe back in and it updated for me this time
Thanks A LOT MAN!!!
I still can't find that battlenet folder you were referring to : /
90 Human Paladin
i downloaded the patch the play button lights up i hit play and nothing happens it just stays on the patch page and says launching been waiting 20 mins now and still hasnt launch i have already deleted the patch 3 times and stop the agent 32 3 times and it still doesnt launch everything was working find till this patch p;ease advise how to fix this or do i have to reenstall the game to fix this
followed every step after trying many similar suggested fixes and it works. I'm now updated to 1.0.3.10485 :)
I don't ever remember having to do all these things to get a game to work. I praise all the kind and loyal fans of this game that have posted fixes and that are willing to help us all through the tedious horse@#$ that Blizzard has dumped on us.

I just wonder how much longer our patience will be tested. People are already leaving in droves. It's so depressing to see the Diablo legacy being torn to shreds by all this nonsense.

And despite all the complaints, I feel like Bliz continues to ignore the elephants in the room when they should be clawing and sc*@#*#@ to get these fixes done.

When and if they finally do get their act together, they'll be like the boy who cried wolf. Forums will be silent and D3 will be a sad and painful memory in the history of gaming.

Hate to sound overly dramatic but this bs really hurts. I'll probably play d2 again before I shelf this game.
I found this worked for me its great

How to find Battle.net folder in windows 7
1:Copy the dir below

C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

2:Press start button on windows 7

3: click in seach program and files

4 : (Paste) C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

Now it will show you the folder Battle.net

hope this helps
SIr Barthus, and Sir HAk,

I tried All steps u post. but still the same.. when the update initializing complete and press the 'PLAY" button then game enters and when after typing my account then word still apears. the patch blah blha blha witll automatically update after closing the game blha blha blha then back to up to date PLAY.. hmmmm
Images of doing the workaround would be nice, since I ended up doing it so wrong (somehow) that I had no choice but to reinstall the game (which i had to do another workaround with since the setup does not update properly), which in turn gave me a new problem of the game not being to launch from the launcher.

One thing I could suggest to blizzard (whomever are concerned) is to have manual patch files available for download (because it worked for me when i was trying to play free MMOs), probably in a way that doesn't violate your DRM policies (like having to log in on the patch downloader to enable the download). It can compensate for the launcher not being able to auto-update the game and that people (especially a "computer illiterate" like me) won't have to look at forums for help so much when such a problem arrives.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]