Diablo® III

A new patch is available - Workaround

This worked. Thanks, OP.
lifesaver!!!
God! Why do I even have to do this crap in the first place. It should work without me havng to edit a database file.
Thanks for this, OP.
thanks a lot, you saved my evening ;)
90 Undead Warrior
Fix worked for me. Restarted my game and the problem came back. Tried doing it again and it isn't working anymore. Pretty annoyed.
Worked for me thanks!
Dear Barthus, i am an extremely dedicated D3 player but i seem to be incapable of fixing this patch loop. I have followed your steps over and over and everytime i delete the agent folder and then try to start the launcher i get an error message saying that "it failed to open a required file" so then i restore my agent folder and then the launcher will now work but the patch loop still persists.
I am getting a little more than just angry about this, any help would be appreciated.
I love you too bad Blizzard doesn't seem in to helping people
thank you so much for this info. fixed the issue for me. don't know why my patch was set to get from GB...
59 Undead Death Knight
Dear Barthus, i am an extremely dedicated D3 player but i seem to be incapable of fixing this patch loop. I have followed your steps over and over and everytime i delete the agent folder and then try to start the launcher i get an error message saying that "it failed to open a required file" so then i restore my agent folder and then the launcher will now work but the patch loop still persists.
I am getting a little more than just angry about this, any help would be appreciated.

You could try going in the Agent folder and renaming the existing agent.db file (this is not the same file you have to edit)
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/19/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Now i just tried the lower portion of your tips and i the patch looping continued,
so i renamed the agent. DB file
So i renamed the Agent.db file and then started the launcher and now it is updating.. Why did changing the name force it to update, confused but thankful
Can't Thank You Enough. I Don't Know Why Blizzard Doesn't Pay You.
What Do You Think Of PoE? Are You On The Beta?
I think I screwed up my installation earlier this morning trying to modify the agent.db file... lol. Definitely will try to follow your suggestion later today... thanks in advance ;) sticky requested.

It seems like every time there's a new patch, we'll need to find a workaround to fix it. I tried http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271606686 on the 1.0.2c patch, and it works, but it still gives me the same problem on the latest 1.0.3 patch.

Although many of us are thrilled & excited on the updates & improvements Blizzard is making on the gaming experience, but personally I felt that the patching issues has not really been taking into account for the Overall gaming experience. It doesn't really felt nice to face the same problem every week when there's a patch available.

Ultimately I believe both Blizzard and the users would like to have the 1-click launcher patching experience, but in my opinion, perhaps Blizzard can take into consideration to distribute the patch in a standalone execution files in battle.net (same path where we download the launcher) for a quick solution to resolve this patching issue, instead of getting us messing around with the codes (and ends up with a corrupted installation... for some of us.). I believe most of the MMORPG is doing the same thing.

IMHO...
Thanks! Worked for me!
Worked for me, although i didn't delete agent folder...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]