Diablo® III

A new patch is available - Workaround

90 Tauren Death Knight
BARTHUS.. YOU SIRE ARE A LIFE SAVER OMFG. tysm for taking the time to write the procedure on baby steps. even I got the downloader loop issue fixed thanks to you.

Cheers man!

Battletag: TaurenDK#1481 add me :-)
Hey Barthus, I appreciate what you have done here.

Sadly, I followed your instructions to the letter but I still get the issue.
Asia server here.
Edited by Necromancer#1405 on 6/19/2012 9:55 PM PDT
hi...i follow all your step and my last save game was deleted..
how to take back the previous hero that i used??
59 Undead Death Knight
hi...i follow all your step and my last save game was deleted..
how to take back the previous hero that i used??

Your characters are stored on Blizzard servers. You could throw your computer away and log on to the game on a computer you never used before and your characters would still be there.

You probably have the wrong region selected in-game.

Sadly, I followed your instructions to the letter but I still get the issue.
Asia server here.

Asia is still at 1.0.2c. You need to use either the Taiwanese or the Korean patch_url and then revert the client to 1.0.2c.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/19/2012 9:57 PM PDT
Hey thanks! Found the hidden folder.

Next problem is the loop is still occurring even after deleting the Agent folder in the Battle.net folder. It seems the Agent folder reappears in the Battle.net folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch

Is your client at version 1.0.2.9991 or 1.0.3.10057? And which region do you play in?

Hi there, my client is at version 1.0.3.10057 and I play in the Asian region. What do I do next? Thank you.
Bliz should pay you for this great thread!
This works. Thank you so much!

Tip: If you are in asia and want to play on asia servers, change the patch URL to korean or Taiwan patch server. I had the default enSG install but was auto patched to 1.03 even though the asian servers are all still in 1.02c

Korea
06/19/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Barthus
http://koKR.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

Taiwan
06/19/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Barthus
http://zhTW.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
cant find the battlenet folder i got windows 7
Hi..i followed your instructions and my client is downloading some 3GB+ file..am i on the right track?

Playing US Server here.

Thanks
help
pl0x
lol pretty pl0x
?
59 Undead Death Knight
06/19/2012 10:55 PMPosted by FinalForce
cant find the battlenet folder i got windows 7

It's in a hidden folder. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870687669?page=1#5

06/19/2012 10:19 PMPosted by NinjaOng
Hi there, my client is at version 1.0.3.10057 and I play in the Asian region. What do I do next? Thank you.
Use the Taiwanese or Korean patch_url and revert the client following the instructions on my original post. BTW, is the Asian server still up? I though it was going to be updated before the European server as usual.
06/19/2012 11:24 PMPosted by Barthus
I though it was going to be updated before the European server as usual.

Nope, apparently Asian server patching will be on the 21st of June. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889449473
cant download at gamefront
This works. Thank you so much!

Tip: If you are in asia and want to play on asia servers, change the patch URL to korean or Taiwan patch server. I had the default enSG install but was auto patched to 1.03 even though the asian servers are all still in 1.02c

Korea
http://koKR.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

Taiwan
http://zhTW.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

This won't work if you have enUS version and it's already patched. You will need to follow his directions to REVERT TO AN EARLIER VERSION.

Anyone want to make directions to revert for Mac users? :P
Edited by Gandalf#1720 on 6/20/2012 4:03 AM PDT
Barthus, here's my situation:

I am in Europe and have characters on both EU and US servers.

I am currently patched and can log in to US servers due to the patch having gone live a few minutes ago.

However, I would like to play n the EU server for the time being. I get the aforementioned message preventing me from logging in.

If I go to options and select EU server then follow your instructions so as to correct the file beng accepted by the servers, will this had any secondary ramifications on my US server characters?

After the patch goes live will I have to revert to the current files or will the patch update autotmatically. I am slightly afraid of tampering too much with such edlicate files and would like to avoud myself a mess of trouble in the future.

Thanks again.
Edited by Matsume#2154 on 6/26/2012 8:04 AM PDT
excuse me, but i will write some mendatory cussing, just because there's no other way to express my feelings ( i am an otherwise very polite person).

I thank the poster for finding out a solution, but why the !@#$ should i go through this process because BLIZZARD locks out European servers if they patch for a day untill you patch the europian servers?! i paid more money on D3 than any other PC game EVER and every weeks it's the same %^-*ing BS of an entire day not playing just because i patch and i get this loop, and while you'd think blizzard would patch europe first but instead they patch it last effecively making my game not work for an entire day (9PM PST is roughtly 5AM the following day - THANK YOU)

so thank you poster, but in no way i'm going to start messing with files EVERY GOD DAMN WEEK!.

allow me to add just a "cocksuckers!" while i'm at it.
thank you blizzard, i love you!
Edited by Remi187#1887 on 6/26/2012 8:08 AM PDT
I guess I need to Revert to an Older Version, correct?

what happens to the deleted files?

am i supposed to put them aside?

will I need to recoup them fromthe trash bin after the patch goes live?

will the patch automatically update once it goes live in EU?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]