Diablo® III

A new patch is available - Workaround

59 Undead Death Knight
I guess I need to Revert to an Older Version, correct?

what happens to the deleted files?

am i supposed to put them aside?

will I need to recoup them fromthe trash bin after the patch goes live?

will the patch automatically update once it goes live in EU?

The game will create/download those files once they're needed. And yes, you will be able to patch the game as soon as the patch is released in Europe without having to undo any of those changes.
Update: I reverted, laucnhed game, got the big install button, relaunched, game initialized and re downloaded patch - i realized it was still set to Americas server.

So I switched the options to EU server, rereverted and it is yet again re initializing patch and bringing my game client up to date thus blocking me out of my EU server characters.

What in the hell is the problem? My cliet is indeed enUS version- is this causing my game to re update?

I am beginning to get frustrated ><
So i downloaded the patch on the US server and I'm currently trying to play on the US realm but like everyone else i seem to be having the same problem where the client says the game is up to date but when i log in the game tells me there is a new version and then the game crashes. I am having a hard time finding the .agent.db file and most of the people that i have read so far having the same problem are from the Euro servers so im a bit lost can someone please help me out. thank you for your time
59 Undead Death Knight
Update: I reverted, laucnhed game, got the big install button, relaunched, game initialized and re downloaded patch - i realized it was still set to Americas server. So I switched the options to EU server, rereverted and it is yet again re initializing patch and bringing my game client up to date thus blocking me out of my EU server characters.What in the hell is the problem? My cliet is indeed enUS version- is this causing my game to re update?I am beginning to get frustrated ><

Yes. But if you change your patch_url to the European one, your client will not update past 1.0.3 (10057) until 1.0.3a is released in Europe.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/26/2012 8:41 AM PDT
Update: I reverted, laucnhed game, got the big install button, relaunched, game initialized and re downloaded patch - i realized it was still set to Americas server. So I switched the options to EU server, rereverted and it is yet again re initializing patch and bringing my game client up to date thus blocking me out of my EU server characters.What in the hell is the problem? My cliet is indeed enUS version- is this causing my game to re update?I am beginning to get frustrated ><

Yes. But if you change your patch_url to the European one, your client will not update past 1.0.3 (10057) until 1.0.3a is released in Europe.

How exactly do I go about changing the patch_url to http://enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch, there are multiple enUS audio/sound files in the data folder- do I have to change all of those too? or is there a specific file i change ?
59 Undead Death Knight
06/26/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Diablerie
my patch url in agent.db is already "enUS" *shrugs*

If you play in the US then make sure you have the correct region selected (Options > Account). If you're not trying to log in the wrong region, your battle.net.dll file may be missing or corrupt.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/26/2012 8:50 AM PDT
06/26/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Barthus
my patch url in agent.db is already "enUS" *shrugs*

If you play in the US then make sure you have the correct region selected in-game. If you're not trying to log in the wrong region, your battle.net.dll file may be missing or corrupt.

so i need to change the url line in the (possibly hidden) agent.db file right? is this the .agent file for me? cause i see no .db after the word agent...
Hey barthus - thanks for the topic mate very appreciative.

I uninstalled my old diablo 3 client (i think it was an eu version and my toons are on US, not sure about the version tho)

Went into b.net account settings in browser and chose english(SG) as i plan on switching to asia servers to see if it fixes lag

reinstalled from scratch, am no longer getting the "diablo already running" after patch notification in game, but still saying new patch available and then looping.

any advice?
update: .agent indeed had a line of code dubbed url that i changed to theenGB version

currently initializing, will let you know how it goes in a minute.
59 Undead Death Knight
06/26/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Diablerie
I've been playing on the SEA region for days, and that was the last region I ever played

Asia is still at version 1.0.3. You will not be able to log in using a 1.0.3a client.

Went into b.net account settings in browser and chose english(SG) as i plan on switching to asia servers to see if it fixes lag reinstalled from scratch, am no longer getting the "diablo already running" after patch notification in game, but still saying new patch available and then looping.

The 1.0.3a patch was released for the enSG patch as well. You wont be able to play on the Asian servers unless you change the patch URL to the Taiwanese one and downgrade the client. The other option would be waiting until patch 1.0.3a is released in Asia.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/26/2012 8:57 AM PDT
Update: Worked like a charm, Barthus!!!

Thanks a lot, you're the best!!!
59 Undead Death Knight
evidently so, but the error messages are fuggin embarrassing. why can't they ever reflect the real reason behind the problem? maybe I should change my patch url to the Asian version, that way they'll at least be in sync....right?my god the dumbasses that are running this thing.

You would have to use "http://zhTW.patch.battle.net:1119/patch" as the patch_url and then follow the instructions to downgrade and repatch the client on the original post.
loop problem >.<

i did all the resolution, still no progress >.<
awesome, trying that now (taiwan fix)

wonder how much longer i can tolerate this lol...
Feel the wrath of Ytar!
The Gods guide through your fist!
update: first attempt failed, had an "issue patching the game contact customer service" (similar words to that)

then went back over the downgrading client post by barthus (here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870687669) and i had missed delete the updates folder and mfil etc

and it's working and now i've logged into asia servers!

thanks mate :)
This should be stickied Blizzard.

!@#$%
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]