Diablo® III

Path of Exile!

If anybody here is dissapointed with D3, I encourage you to check out this very fun game. At the moment it is in closed beta and you need a key to get in, and if you don't get a key, watch some youtube videos or read the forums. Anyways, this game is an ARPG that is similar to D2 (most people call it D2.5), with 6 playable classes, tons of skills, and a passive skill tree with 100+ passives to choose from. This game has tons of character customization, and it even has the dark, gloomy feel D2 had. So... if you loved D2, you should check out Path of Exile

http://www.pathofexile.com/
Edited by Nightmare#1996 on 6/18/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's true. Path of Exile feels more like Diablo 3 than Diablo 3 does.
Edited by Kirk#1347 on 6/18/2012 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah just paying for a beta is weird; well cheaper than Diablo's beta i guess.
Reply Quote
I was looking forward to GW2, since D3 was a failure. However I am not even considering it. I know PoE is going to be awesome.

Pay for beta access, or wait for the free release!

This game has been designed from the ground up to be fun, complex and to reward innovative skill choices. Any class can choose any skill they want!

If you want a casual game then well this might be a bit complex. If you love to design and plan your character, or min/max to the eyeballs, or create a challenging build, you can do that.

I made a marauder (heavy melee) focusing on elemental damage on melee attacks, use an ability that makes all my attacks/spells cost my life, have mad life regen, use a zombie army modified to deal more damage and use auras to give everyone more elemental damage. Want to also have my zombies set targets on fire but need better sockets!
Reply Quote
I just bought into the beta to support the devs and all and i have to say im pretty impressed.They capture the old school feel of D2 that i love.Get this game!.
Reply Quote
ya i watched some youtube content on this and it does seem impressive. the worst thing i can think of when i watch all the things something like PoE has to offer, is how epicly diablo 3 did fail. i mean, all these other rpg hack n slash dungeon crawlers are coming out with an array of interesting things to do and yet d3 seems like it was basic. basically, just throw some crap together and sell it. imcomplete. thats the feel i have about d3 anymore. i am going to check out PoE and TL2 just so i know what ill personally enjoy more. but, yea, its definately worth a look.
Reply Quote
Yay Path of Exile FTW
Reply Quote
I gave it a go about 2 weeks ago. I won't say iv quit but I hardly touch it now.

The game design is very cool and well thought out. No gold, no auction, skills on gems and the massive talent tree (although not very exciting, it is big and allows you to customize your character).

Unfortunately the game failed with the combat. I got bored very quickly. It seems very simple and repetitive to the point where I would just log out and play another game.

In fact, the game seems complete opposite to D3. Where the combat fails in PoE, it excels in D3 and a reason why I think so many still play it. Yet with PoE's no AH, no gold system, talent tree and gems I find I will log back in again at some point and push my character another level. I want to see end game, but its SO BORING. I will get there... one day.

If you can handle the simple looking combat system then you will love PoE.
Reply Quote
The combat is fine and only gets better since the game is still in beta.

Simple and Repetitive is how all ARPG's play. If your going to criticise the combat then be more specific than that. I played D3 and it was also simple and repetitive.
Reply Quote
PoE owns....

Different feel than Diablo 3 but if I had to choose ONE. I would choose Path of Exile.

Diablo 3 needs about 10 patches and very large game changes to make it worth my time.
Reply Quote
I gave it a go about 2 weeks ago. I won't say iv quit but I hardly touch it now.

The game design is very cool and well thought out. No gold, no auction, skills on gems and the massive talent tree (although not very exciting, it is big and allows you to customize your character).

Unfortunately the game failed with the combat. I got bored very quickly. It seems very simple and repetitive to the point where I would just log out and play another game.

In fact, the game seems complete opposite to D3. Where the combat fails in PoE, it excels in D3 and a reason why I think so many still play it. Yet with PoE's no AH, no gold system, talent tree and gems I find I will log back in again at some point and push my character another level. I want to see end game, but its SO BORING. I will get there... one day.

This is my impression but I haven't played PoE yet, will do though when it goes open beta. Combat looks like very dull and basic or rough (in videos and streams).

Unfortunately we can't have a mix of Diablo 3 (combat, graphics) and PoE (pretty much everything else is superior, massive failure for Diablo 3) because it would kick !@#.
Edited by KNac#2601 on 12/2/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Does POE have the same potential to make money like D2 and D3 have?
Reply Quote
Ya....the skill tree of the PoE rocks! This alone should make it a long-term playable game. Still figuring how to get a beta key or perhaps wait until the final release.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 06:04 PMPosted by DirtyLarry
Does POE have the same potential to make money like D2 and D3 have?

No, Thank God.

Play a game to play a game. Work a job to make money.
Reply Quote
PoE finished a week long ladder today, the competition was intense, full of streamer drama and deaths of top 10 players.

Too bad Diablo III will never have any of these kinds of events.
Reply Quote
D3 sets a very high standard on the "action" combat part. I doubt any recent ARPG will beat that . . . PoE is fun for a few days but I'm not sure if it will be lasting when they launch the full game . . .
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Kirk
It's true. Path of Exile feels more like Diablo 3 than Diablo 3 does.

It's like Diablo 2 had a threesome with Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]