Diablo® III

The Best HC Barbarian Build

I know everyone has their own variation of what the best is, but can someone please enlighten me on what's the most popular Barbarian build for hardcore?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
I got to act 2 inferno farming goblins with this build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSRVPk!beV!acZcZc
Reply Quote
I'll test it out thanks!
Edited by Ace#1559 on 6/18/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Most popular...

Frenzy - Sidearm / Cleave - Broad Sweep
Revenge - Provocation
Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
Warcry - Invigorate / Impunity
Choice of 2 from: Furious Charge - Dreadnought | Leap - Iron Impact | Ignore Pain - Iron Hide/Ignorance is Bliss | Ground Stomp - (Rune depends on build + preference)
Or 1 from above and Earthquake (Don't know rune)

Passives: Nerves of Steel, Berserker Rage, Inspiring Presence, Bloodthirst, *Superstition, or *Tough as Nails. (* = ones I see most used).

There are other builds which use Fury, but I'm not sure about those. There are also Weapon Throw barbs, but I don't know build for that either.
Reply Quote
Here is mine at level 53 going sword and board. Some of the runes will change once I hit 60 but that is about it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WkYXVT!ZbV!aababa

For boss fights I simply swap out Revenge for Wrath of the Beserker.
Edited by Raethus#1385 on 6/18/2012 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSRVPk!beV!acZcZc

Nice build GetInTheVan. The only variant to this build I use when fighting mobs is I swap out Ignore Pain with Seismic Slam w/Shatter Ground glyph. This really helps keep everything at bay and prevents getting surrounded. On boss fights I either go back to Ignore Pain or Earthquake w/Mountains Call glyph.
Reply Quote
Wrath of the Berserker (+Insanity)
+
Warcry (+Impunity)
+
Leap (+Iron Impact) *or* Charge (+Dreadnought)
+
Frenzy (+Smite or +Sidearm)

+
Choice
+
Choice

So much build diversity!

You don't really have 2 choices. revenge+provoc is mandatory. Its probably tied for #1 with warcry runed for all res.

You have 1 extra choice
Reply Quote
To level with:

Left: Frenzy/Sidearm
Right: Revenge/hp+fury rune
1: Ground Stomp/increased radius rune
2: Warcry/40% armor rune
3: Battle Rage/30% damage
4: Wrath of the Berserker/100% damage rune

I facerolled everything with decent gear upgrades.

Once I got the required levels:

Left: Same
Right: Revenge/Provocation
1: Same
2: Warcry/Res rune
3: Charge/Dreadnought
4: Same

Hit 60 in act 2 hell, currently using this build to faceroll act 3/4. Progress-wise I'm still in A4 hell, but only because I'm taking my sweet time. My SC barb uses pretty much the same setup (4% bonus Frenzy rune for butcher runs), but I'm stuck in act 2 inferno with 8.8k armor, 700-800 all res, 14k DPS, 34k hp
Edited by Wanfear#1697 on 6/18/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Twister
revenge+provoc is mandatory.

No it's not mandatory, it's situational just like impunity.
Reply Quote
I played a lot of frenzy + warcry in HC D2, and I'm finding the D3 equivalent of frenzy + ground stomp to be very effective as well. In fact, even when I'm messing around with different skill combinations I find it really difficult to leave out ground stomp.

Speaking of things that are hard to leave out...

06/18/2012 06:48 PMPosted by BazDefunct
No it's not mandatory, it's situational just like impunity.

I don't know, impunity is pretty damn close to mandatory in my book... much more so than revenge. The boost to resists is huge.
Reply Quote
For my armor/weapons I like to stack vitality,health regen per hit, and resistance, but for skills I prefer to go defensively by using wrath of the berserker, call of the ancients, revenge, and war cry. As my left and right mouse click, I use leap as my right click and fury as my left click (the attack speed ties in with life per hit).

If you want more information go to YouTube and type in "kripparrian barb", this will bring you to his video on how to build a good barb class. Kripparian is a guy on YouTube who is trying to be the one of the first to beat hard core inferno and I like allot of the tips he gives in those videos.
Edited by Matthew#1208 on 6/18/2012 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Diehard
I don't know, impunity is pretty damn close to mandatory in my book... much more so than revenge. The boost to resists is huge.

Impunity is much more mandatory than revenge, although impunity is only good when you have a decent amount of resists to boost, until then Invigorate is much better.

Like I said a lot of skills on all characters are situational, nothing is mandatory.
Reply Quote
Impunity is much more mandatory than revenge, although impunity is only good when you have a decent amount of resists to boost, until then Invigorate is much better.

Like I said a lot of skills on all characters are situational, nothing is mandatory.

Hate to disagree with you but I have a sc barb with act 4 inferno on farm and I gotta say Impunity is 100% mandatory for any build, of course it sucks without resistances, but resistances are 100% mandatory in inferno for a barb anyways. Also I would say revenge provoc is the most effective tool we have atm, it's not ABSOLUTELY mandatory, but at high gear levels I havent seen a build/player that averts using it and is more effective than a player who does.
Reply Quote
For my armor/weapons I like to stack vitality,health regen per hit, and resistance, but for skills I prefer to go defensively by using wrath of the berserker, call of the ancients, revenge, and war cry. As my left and right mouse click, I use leap as my right click and fury as my left click (the attack speed ties in with life per hit).

If you want more information go to YouTube and type in "kripparrian barb", this will bring you to his video on how to build a good barb class. Kripparian is a guy on YouTube who is trying to be the one of the first to beat hard core inferno and I like allot of the tips he gives in those videos.

Yes go to Kripp, he can teach to how to be carried and exploit :P
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Seriouslylol
Hate to disagree with you but I have a sc barb with act 4 inferno on farm and I gotta say Impunity is 100% mandatory for any build

Did you not read anything I wrote? Hell you even agreed with me right after saying it's 100% mandatory. Yes, it's really good when you're in progression with resists, but that's just one situation (which is why I've already said twice now that skills are situational). Players progressing through hell or starting inferno with very little resist gear will be better off with somthing other than Impunity as will well geared players in early Inferno.

06/18/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Seriouslylol
Also I would say revenge provoc is the most effective tool we have atm, it's not ABSOLUTELY mandatory,

Again, situational. Revenge with proc is very useful when you can tank a few guys or small groups and are taking enough damage you need health regen to sustain. This again is useful in a lot of standard progression scenarios. In other ones where you either don't need sustain or take too much damage to proc the revenge and stay alive you're better with other skills to help you single out and lock down targets (very difficult progression areas).

Again, skills are situational, despite impunity and Revenge being very good skills overall, but there is no mandatory barb skill.
Reply Quote
Lets take this one skill at a time.

Primary

1. Frenzy - Most common rage builder skill. 75% increase attack speed. Sidearm for bosses/white mobs. Smite can be useful for champion packs/bosses. Triumph can be good for leveling solo, less useful when in groups because it requires killing blows. Maniac is good for goblin farming.

2. Bash - Clobber can be good for bosses. Haven't uses many of the other so I can't expand more on bash.

3. Cleave - Great for lower difficulties. Rupture for large weak zerg mobs. Reaping swing for the extra fury. Broad swipe for the nice damage increase.

Secondary
1. Hammer of the Ancients - High damage but costs to much fury. Useful for bosses in the earlier difficulties but loses much of its value later on.

2. Rend - Great for adding extra damage to white mobs. Same fury as HotA(20) but its AoE and 10% more damage over 3 seconds. Most of the runes are useful in different situations.

3. Seismic Slam - Very good while playing with a group or chasing after ranged mobs. Stagger for stun or Strength from earth for the half rage cost.

4. Whirlwind - Only useful if your farming areas where you know its impossible to die.

Defensive
1. Ground Stomp - Great for bosses that summon/channel a spell. Great in a group. Runes can be good for different situations.

2. Leap - Most common defensive ability. Iron impact is amazing. Death from above for bosses. Huge utility.

3. Sprint - Another great ability. Marathon for Azmodan/Diablo. Forced march can be good in a kite group. Run like the wind can tear up bosses by running circles around them.

4. Ignore Pain - Long cooldown, but a life saver. Iron hide or Ignorance is bliss. Mob rule could be good in certain situations.

Might
1. Ancient Spear - Ok rage builder early on. Very good for goblins or ranged mobs.

2. Revenge - Very common ability. High damage + heal. Vengeance is mine for lower levels. Provocation for higher levels. This is only good if you can actually take hits from the mobs attacking you. If you can this will keep you in the fray much longer without any risk of dying.

3. Furious Charge - Good for moving when Jailed. Dreadnought is amazing for healing.

4. Overpower - Very good for leveling. The cooldown can get annoying but it can find its place on your action bar sometimes.

Tactics
1. Throw Weapon - Stupefy confuse works well in inferno.

2. Threatening Shout - Great defensive ability. Intimidate for kite groups or catching ranged mobs. Demoralize for can save group members or catch ranged mobs as well.

3. Battle Rage - Battle rage is good for leveling but loses a bit later on when damage is less important. Great for a twink barb.

4. Warcry - Harden Wrath for lower levels. Invigorate + Inspiring presence can work wonders if you have to kite a lot. Impunity if you have good resists and want them to just be better.

Rage
1. Earthquake - Amazing AoE damage. Call of the mountain for the reduced cooldown/no rage cost.

2. Call of the Ancients - Good for bugging out champion AI, but earthquake does so much more damage if your planing on killing them.

3. Wraith of the Berserker - Only true crowd control break barbarians have. Insanity + Earthquake results in a lot of dead mobs.

So what do I use.

Build 1 - Solo/Champ hunt
1. Revenge - Provocation
2. Warcry - Impunity
3. Earthquake - Mountains call
4. Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
LM Frenzy sidearm
RM Furious Charge - Dreadnought

This build uses no rage. So you will always have a full bar to call on WotB/Earthquake. With 2 separate ways to heal. You can survive most things. Only problem with this build is that it preforms poorly vs bosses if you looking to stack NV. You basically use Wrath/Earthquake for a huge dps spike then wait for cooldowns to repeat it again.

Build 2 - Boss killer
1. Sprint - Run like the wind / marathon
2. Warcry - Impunity or Invigorate
3. Earthquake - Mountains call or Threatening Shout
4. Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity / Striding Giant
LM Frenzy sidearm
RM Leap - Iron impact / Death from above or Ignore pain - Ignorance is bliss / Iron hide

Build 3 - Farming lower difficulties / MF farming
1. Revenge - Provocation
2. Threatening Shout - Grim Harvest
3. Rend - Bloodbath
4. Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
LM Frenzy sidearm or Cleave - Rupture
RM Battle rage - Marauder's Rage

For passives I usually switch between some combo of Nerves of steel, superstition, tough as nails, inspiring presence, and brawler depending on what act I am doing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]