Diablo® III

Critique my build for Inferno post patch ?

So the Devs are suggesting we look to the Hardcore players to teach us survivability .... So I come to you guys for critiques before the insane repair costs kick in.

So I've now been playing a monk in inferno for about 40 hours but refused to go beyond Act1 until the patch.

These are my current stats (Memory since servers are down)

Damage - 15000ish
HP - 30000ish
Crit chance +16%
Crit Damage +106%

Dodge 32%
Damage reduction 64%
All resists 417 (57%?)
LoH- +200 ? ( I think)
Life Steal - 2.x % (I think)

Build -

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UXfYgk!ZXU!ZbYYac

I feel that this gives me a good balance of dps boosts (3stack on crit is almost instant) and heal/dodge/armor/resists

I was using Crippling wave for a while but just didn't have the DPS to take out Butcher before his Enrage timer kicked in. With this build He's not so tough.

I miss my kick for escapability , but I've been doing really well with the survivability and killing speed.

Any thoughts ? With this build I've survived quite a bit more when facing elites, but do come across a few of the combo's that just kick my !@# and require some creative graveyard zerging.
Edited by Enoy21#1942 on 6/19/2012 6:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This build would not work in hardcore, but you aren't a hardcore player soooo...

Okay, you have a huge issue with survivability in that you have no escape skill. You flat out cant break encirclement w/o killing stuff. I recommend dashing strike. You can dash through arcane sentries and any other obstacles and be just fine(molten hordes blocking your way out of that u shaped wall). Quicksilver is probably the best rune for hc because you never have to worry about not having it when you need it.

Deadly reach keen run is badass defensively and has awesome utility. Like hitting through waller or enemies that are inside of plagued or next to an ice mine.

My hc monk is just starting to farm act 1 inferno elites with 578 res all. With acess to sc ah you should really be able to crank up the resists a lot more than that.

Mantra of evasion can be badass for surviving. You take a lot less damage which makes sustain easier and fire chains becomes a lot less threatening as you can dodge fire chains damage. Supposedly the backlash rune on evasion mantra is a good mix of offense and defense but i havn't tried it yet. Armor rune on evasion mantra is great since monk has !@#$ armor.

Oh yeah, heres my hc inferno act 1 monk build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bdYXgh!XUT!ZbZcba

Also an enchantress can SERIOUSLY help with soloing. Heres a good enchantress guide from Kripp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWBSu9f8IFs&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1&feature=plcp
Edited by kits#1515 on 6/19/2012 7:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I used Mantra of Evasion all the way through to Inferno but found that my DPS needed something in order to combat the pools of Magma/plague that the Elites drop. (Which MoE didn't seem to help against) Something to help me kill faster.

How well do you find Dashing strike to work ? I would love that skill if it reliably did what the tooltip said and "Teleport to an enemy OR LOCATION"

As it stands now , I have to click on an enemy and after using Cyclone , most of those are already in my face and it gives me no where to port to.
Reply Quote
I used Mantra of Evasion all the way through to Inferno but found that my DPS needed something in order to combat the pools of Magma/plague that the Elites drop. (Which MoE didn't seem to help against) Something to help me kill faster.

How well do you find Dashing strike to work ? I would love that skill if it reliably did what the tooltip said and "Teleport to an enemy OR LOCATION"

As it stands now , I have to click on an enemy and after using Cyclone , most of those are already in my face and it gives me no where to port to.

I prefer Tempest Rush over Dashing Strike for an escape skill - but I am not in Inferno yet. I only mention it because I have the same issue you do with it, it seems like such a short range if I don't click on a monster.

I would stop using Cyclone if I was trying to survive. Instead, I might pick Sweeping Wind.

As was said before, Deadly Reach - Keen Eye is a very strong Armor boost, AND it gives you some minor kiting ability for when you need to reposition or just back off a little. I love this Primary combined with Sweeping Wind - Fire Storm. They have about the same range and they just seem to fit perfectly together.

And on this last point I must admit I am slightly ignorant, but I still have an opinion to share:

Resolve is really the only passive you can change up in your build. I know it seems like a solid defensive passive, and perhaps it is, but if you made a couple other small defensive build changes (like DE-KE instead of 100Fists), you might be able to change this out for something else. I really like Transcendence because it allows me to spam my Mantra for heals (and pretty good sized heals, too). HOWEVER - as I said I am somewhat ignorant here because I have not played a monk in Inferno, and thus I lack the experience to say for certain this would be a worthwhile change.

EDIT: One other thing - if you take the Hard Target rune on your Mantra of Evasion, that 20% Armor boost WILL help reduce damage from AoE puddles and such. Again, not sure by how much (depends on your gear and the puddle damage), but perhaps it was something you weren't using the first time around?
Edited by Sky#1360 on 6/20/2012 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
get rid of that cyclone crap firstly

2ndly switch conviction rune to overawe- if you want to run that mantra which I reccomend- honestly is it the most op mantra of them all amt. (just under used in hc because they think every skill must be defensive)

I farm a1 inf. hc on my monk with convict. and its awesome- blow through mobs (with a lot less dps than you lol) and you avoid the slow elite skills that risk an rng death- you know when they place that wall right ontop of you right as the dark berserkers start swining their big hit.

only if your gear is trash (and from your stats you are good to go except bit low res) would i use any other aura. (OR-- if you are lacking in life/regen LOH/leech- the healing mantra + LOH is nice to fill in that gap) but again keep convict on SC especially - but CHANGE THAT !@#$TY RUNE LOL

if you solo- (and me personally even if you dont) id drop cyclone for earth pet....THEY GUY IS A TANK! lol not even mentionin 10% vita boost which is so so.

i can usually position my elite packs where he is tanking 1-2 of them while i solo the 3rd then clean it up after hes dead- he is way too cheap to resummon- hes best tank in game owns the stupid wd gargant.

anywho gl!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]