Diablo® III

Windowed mode resolution again - issue

I have posted this issue before so this time I'll keep it brief. The repetition is for the sake of emphasis, because no one took the issue seriously previously. Though it is a real issue that affects many people.

The issue is simply this:
In Diablo 3 (And SC2 I believe too) in windowed mode or full screen windowed mode the option to change the game resolution os greyed out. Unable to change. So the only way to change this is to manually resize the window via dragging the edge and kinds guess your resolution. Or go edit the Diablo 3 preferences file to get an exact windowed resolution.

I edited the preferences file. I wanted 1600x900 in windowed mode. How can I do this?
In game? No. Can't change resolution for windowed mode.
Manually resize the window by the edges? Almost impossible to get exactly 1600x900 this way.
Edit the Diablo 3 preferences file? This works, but I should not have to edit a preferences file to do this.

In every other game in windowed mode in game I just go to the resolution menu in game and 2 seconds later I have the desired windowed mode game resolution I want. But for Diablo 3 I can not do this and I have to jump through hoops to get this achieved.

But I should be able to just go in game and pick the resolution I want to play windowed at. I should not be forced to edit the preferences file like I am now. This needs to be fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Something has changed in today's patch that has created this (or similar) issue for me, as well.

The pulldown box for resolution seems to be "broken," for lack of a more accurate term. The pulldown arrow doesn't pull down the selection box. The text, "800x600" appears to be greyed out; however, if I click on it, the selection box pulls down and I can select a different resolution.

I selected 1920x1200 and, using "Apply," I can get the resolution to change, but the box still reads "800x600." At this point, I cannot change the resolution, again. I can't even go back to 800x600. I can't tell you if the window automatically resizes when the resolution is changed, because it will not change, again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]