Diablo® III

Can't get Liquid Rainbow.

beyond this door lies the path to the ordeal that awaits you!
Reply Quote
I have been farming this so often that I actually came across Bashiok the Rare Monster in The Oasis.

I was selling achievements for 50k per join.

(I still don't have the liquid rainbow)

P.S. The cave can spawn one of 2 areas, when you enter the oasis hug the Eastern Wall, there is one inlet almost immediately and the second inlet is past the wooden bridge.
Reply Quote
you still got bashiok there?
Reply Quote
I managed to find two of them in about 2-3 days. The first time I actually went hunting for it. The second it just appeared randomly in a public game. Wasn't expecting it at all.
Reply Quote
The worst thing for me was Leoric's Shinbone. I do not know why, but I tried for 5 hours to get it.
Reply Quote
For me it took an extra 2 hours the next day, I was beginning to rage on general chat and 2 secs later found it. gibbering on the other hand was there within about 10 minutes, It is a pain in the butt. You will eventually get it just have to want it badly
Reply Quote
07/04/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Gilgamesh111
The worst thing for me was Leoric's Shinbone. I do not know why, but I tried for 5 hours to get it.

What is it used for? I have one (found it 3 weeks ago) but still don't know what it's for
Reply Quote
kyokei - materials to craft the Staff of Herding, the 'not a cow level' level... Whimsyshire! aka Ponyland
Reply Quote
Ahh thanks Larcin, what materials are needed to make the staff?
Reply Quote
07/04/2012 03:27 PMPosted by kyokei

You need the black mushroom cathedral lvl 1, leoric's shinbone leorics manor, wirt's cowbell bought from little girl merchant in new caldeum, liquid rainbow found in dungeon opened by alchemist in the oasis, gibbering gemstone drooped by elite monster in the cavern of frost act 3 and plans for the staff dropped when you kill Izual

Hope this helps
Reply Quote
Sweet thanks! I only have one out of that list, time to go shopping/hunting.
Reply Quote
07/04/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Keefy

You need the black mushroom cathedral lvl 1, leoric's shinbone leorics manor, wirt's cowbell bought from little girl merchant in new caldeum, liquid rainbow found in dungeon opened by alchemist in the oasis, gibbering gemstone drooped by elite monster in the cavern of frost act 3 and plans for the staff dropped when you kill Izual

Hope this helps

D'oh! I have to go back into quite a few places in Normal now!!
Reply Quote
07/04/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Keefy

Hope this helps
Thanks for this!
Reply Quote
a quick tip when fighting izual take off all MF. i killed him 20 times and he didn't drop the plans. Then i took all my MF of killed him again and he dropped the plans. not sure if its fact or coincidence worth a try though
Reply Quote
That took me the longest to find. ~ 50 attempts or about 4 hours. (whichever took longer)

What I did, was farm it for a bit, [get bored] farm another one, and so on.
Took me between 2-(~80 times) per item.
The plans dropped on the 2nd kill, so that was pretty easy.

Not 100% sure, but I think if you party with someone who has it, you can still get in.
(Doesn't give you a staff though)

GL and happy hunting
Reply Quote
Yea I spent a good 6 hours or maybe even a little longer on this part of the staff. Luckily the rest of it was fairly quick.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Best advice I can offer you since I have crafted nearly 100 staves overall so far.

Get some friends together and have them each queue up for Act 2 - Black Soulstone. Have them port to the "Path to the Oasis". They should check both possible span points for the Mysterious cave.

Here is a map of the 2 static spawn points. - http://i.imgur.com/xxUaA.jpg

Once inside they need to find the mysterious chest and once someone does, anyone that needs the item, everyone ports into their game. This can take farming of any item down to the shortest possible time frame.

Edit: This works with all 4 farmable pieces of the staff.
Edited by Phoenix#1432 on 7/5/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay so here is my go at it all. I just kept using this guide at http://d3domination.com/diablo-3-guides/how-to-unlock-whimsyshire/ .............. and was just fine. Although I would like to add that what I did was I hit escape, pressed leave game, then pressed resume game, then it automatically puts you back in the oasis. I then walked right and down and yah or nah. then repeat over and over. I did it a total of 64 times and Zortan the alchemist spawned on the 7th try. No chest titled "Mysterious Chest" inside the cave at level one or two. The alchemist Zortan spawned again on the 21st try. No "Mysterious Chest." Then again on the 36th try he spawned and also again there was no chest. Then finally on the 64th try I got the guy to spawn, went into the cave level one and then the cave level two and found a chest titled "Mysterious Chest" its gig and glowing like a resplended chest but a bit darker too. Inside it had the Liquid Rainbow. The tutorials say enough but arent detailed like this. So be ready for about 70 tries max to get what you want here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]