Diablo® III

Inferno Ghom WTF

anyone try inferno ghom yet? the whole place fills up with gas and seems almost impossible to kill. not only that but has an enrage timer

im using deep cuts/star pact/crit/tank build

any tips?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I've heard that he places a cloud on your position and on his own position simultaneously, and your goal is to get the clouds to overlap each other or be as close together as possible, so that it takes longer to fill the room. I haven't done the fight on Inferno yet, so don't take my word as law.
Reply Quote
the entire place filling with gas is his enrage timer afaik.
Reply Quote
This fight was a face roll before 1.03 but now, the whole room get flooded with gas...
And I'm sure its before the enrage timer.
Reply Quote
they buffed all the bosses so you can't farm them for loot?
Reply Quote
I confirm, the room fills extremely fast (~1min) and it is nearly impossible to get any damage in while constantly avoiding the clouds. Not sure how to get through it...
Reply Quote
ghom = dps check xD
Reply Quote
Even after the last patch? It seems like a 1 minute burn is a bit of an extreme DPS check... What DPS are we talking? 50K?
Reply Quote
People I've heard are getting up to 80-100k dmg. Apparently that's what is required. I'm still at 27k =(
Reply Quote
This boss is nuts.

I felt like I needed some trick to make me immune to the gas, but even then I doubt it would help. I'm a melee build so my dps is like...17000 right now.

heh
Edited by Acrobat#1221 on 6/20/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i took him out yesterday just fine? which boss are we talking about?
Reply Quote
The thing that is nicer about the fight now is that gas does very little damage when you run into it for the first couple seconds. with my current setup pre 1.0.3 i would die almost instantly if gas hit me, now i can run around in it for a few seconds with no problem. this makes stacking gas possible.

I should add that I also haven't beaten the fight, I only attempted a couple times, I didn't feel like wasting repair bills on it though.
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 09:37 AMPosted by SilentExodus
People I've heard are getting up to 80-100k dmg. Apparently that's what is required. I'm still at 27k =(

My demon hunter is at about 50k without SS and it has nothing to do with how much damage you can deal. The room fills up in 30-45 seconds so unless you can kill him that fast, which would require somewhere around 100k damage, it isn't doable. On top of that, that kind of gear just doesn't generally drop in the acts previous to Ghom.
Reply Quote
Well, I'm currently doing 43k dps to him. After one min, I'm able to get him down too 20% in life. I'm sure if I raise my dps another 5k, he'll die. I roll with blizzard/hydra and slowly kite him along the outside of the room. I try kite him as close to the wall as possible dropping hydra ahead of him and blizzard nearly ahead of him. But I keep one blizzard ready for when he drops the ooze's on top of me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]