Diablo® III

500 gold each time I'm hit, what a JOKE.

06/19/2012 04:02 PMPosted by ActChill
D2 made you lose like 1/2 your gold and current xp to next level. You also had to grab your gear while wearing 0. Although you died less in D2...

yes but in D2 gold was not as scarce and wasn't used for everything like in D3, I did like the losing of experience.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:10 PMPosted by FadeXF
Golly fellahs... Indestructible gear is hard.

It sure is, when every single person in the game is trying to get it at the same time.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Tulong
In WOW, we pay $15 monthly. In D3, we pay 1.5M gold repairs monthly. So repair === monthly subscription.

apples vs. oranges
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Because nerfing myself on other stats just to avoid a goldsink is how I want to play this game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I was hoping this patch would fix it.

But it looks like they've gone and !@#$ed up righteously, again.

So I'm just going to un-bookmark the forums now.

Bye :D
Reply Quote
I'm sure we'll be able to supplement our repair bills with gold bought from RMAH.

Sold by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
so i could be looking at building a " loss of durability ignored " build to counter this...great way too boost these go nowhere movement items on the AH. bravo....heh
Edited by HEKAPA#6686 on 6/19/2012 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

See the problem with that is Blizzard's whole point of nerfing Attack speed was getting away from having a stat that is considered a must have. What they have done with this !@#$ patch is essentially made indestructible a must have stat.

Now the market will inflate those items instead of attack speed items....then patch 1.1 comes out and its another fuking gear change for some OP stat.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
this game sucks wheres pvp and where is the FUN?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Suffice to say this last patch was the nail in the coffin for so many... they really don't know what they're doing in terms of adjusting this games finer points. And its just sad.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I could see for if you DIE but if you just play for a few hour's why do we STILL have to pay the reaper as if we died. I thought they said they wanted to up it so you don't just keep dieing over and over to corps run in inferno.
Reply Quote
Just fought an 'easy' reflect dmg/vampiric elite pack off wp in act 4 with my monk.

Cost me 3.5k gold in repairs, I did not die.

Total dropped gold was 12, 2 items vendored (lvl 50 and 52 blue) = 769 gold.

Who the hell at blizzard thinks this is fine other than suits wanting us to buy gold to play the game?
Reply Quote
First of all hell no on the tax people a gold amount based on their gold. Secondly the old values for dying were fine, why change what's not broken? These repair costs are absurd and I've died already to 5 lag spikes and I'm paying 30k + wtf is this.
Reply Quote
500 gold is like... loot from one mob. The repair cost also sharply decreases for hits after the initial one.

Well, personally, my repair bills decreased drastically since the patch because I don't die anymore.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Proper quality assurance right here, folks.
Reply Quote
Money pinata! 500 gold per hit!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)