Diablo® III

500 gold each time I'm hit, what a JOKE.

IAS barb in Inferno A2? Now totally pointless to play, and the gutting of my gear's value is just the brown-stained cherry on top.

F@#$ you, blizz devs.
Reply Quote
This is ridiculous, I was fighting in Inferno for like 30 mins, didn't die once and was stuck with a 10,000 gold repair! i barely made 14,000 gold in that time! This definitely needs to be looked into, i understand this game is still "growing", but d@m, every patch feels like we're getting closer and closer to Beta!
Reply Quote
RAL RUNE Put it in the horadric cube
Edited by IamthePope#1327 on 6/19/2012 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 02:58 PMPosted by FatDice
agree. Awful idea Blizzard. Just take money when someone dies. I you're a tank, you are going to go broke.

this.

not only that, but i can't even tank properly anymore cause i had loh wit ias.... but i guess i just needa g2 rmah to get better gear, cause i certainly can't afford farming nemore
Reply Quote
new cost is unacceptable on repairs...nerfing items peeps pay RL money for... paving way for torchlight 2
Reply Quote
forget stats ... indestructible gear in all slots.
Reply Quote
LOL!
The most efficient way to get gold is to not play.
Working as intended.
Server costs are going to go down.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:52 PMPosted by newbasaur
forget stats ... indestructible gear in all slots.

I was thinking the same thing. Indestructible affix is valuable now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Melee player here. The loot/gold I'm finding isn't overcoming the repairs, even if I don't die.

Also, some people claim this is to take gold out of the game and save the economy blah blah.

If that was the case, the rich just become a tad bit less rich (when you get into the tens of millions, it's just chump change) and the poor will be completely broke to the point of not being able to repair their gear. Doesn't matter if they die or not because each attack whether it's at an NPC or a vase costs 150ish gold. I don't think gold drops enough to overcome that loss.

The solution to all these repair problems:

FARM THE AH. If you don't play, you don't lose money on repairs. Sit in the main menu and resell on the AH. It is the only viable way to make money now.

OH NOES... they must nerf this IMMEDIATELY... searching or listing an item must cost durability loss which is forced to be payed upon LOGIN to the server. even ah browsing will become a gold sink.
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Hunter
Agree with the OP as well. I initially played a ton of hours on this game, and it has been dwindling steadily. Logged on today after the patch and was just like, "Bleh". It just isn't fun anymore.

I enjoyed the challenges on Inferno. I don't want a game that is way too easy or simplified. However, after attempting to fight a few packs, I blew through all of my gold in repairs. So now, I have to bump it down to and easier level so that I can collect enough gold to go back to Inferno. My stats were nerf'd and it feels like a completely different game, again. Against my better judgement, I spent some money on the RMAH to improve my DPS. I lost quite a bit in DPS and I only bought them three days ago.

I enjoyed working hard in Act 1 to prepare for Act 2 of Inferno. Nothing like getting slaughtered by the mini wasps right at the beginning. Now, even attempting to get through the first part requires so much gold, that it just isn't challenging in a "fun" way.

My point... You now need to spend money on the RMAH to really make a decent attempt. Otherwise, you don't have much of a chance. You can still get lucky with a few good finds, but that might require a few hundred hours of farming. If you can afford the repair costs. The replay-ability of the game just dropped considerably.

All the patches have been geared towards every Inferno player to rely more-and-more on the RMAH. The RMAH should have been an "alternative" for players, not ultimately "forcing" player to participate in it to advance. Nice try, but I am not buying into it. The RMAH should be completely OPTIONAL.

I don't hate Diablo 3. I really hope the kinks do get worked out and they listen to their players for a change. I had a great time for almost 200 hours, and I hope in the future, I can spend some more time in Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
Mine weren't that bad, 6k per death farming Act 1, but my gear is all ilvl 61 mostly with a few 62s here and there. I did profit but I think I lost about 50 or 60k overall though in repair bills.
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Rogue
Work as intented. The repair cost is just preparation for rmah gold selling start.

This game going to be even more terrible. Its all centered on casual players and their credits cards. Even blind ppl should see it now :
- 99% of loot is junk - casuals dont have chance to find anything if played 1-2 hours per day = use rmah. And this follow next :
- repair cost - poor casuals - you must buy gold or you wont play

Meanwhile bliz want to get rid of majority gamers to cut their maintence cost. They need only ppl who buy from rmah and bots to suply them. Why would they pull away all fun from game if not for destroying it ?

this..

this is what I was thinking..... sadly
Reply Quote
Agree with the OP as well. I initially played a ton of hours on this game, and it has been dwindling steadily. Logged on today after the patch and was just like, "Bleh". It just isn't fun anymore.

I enjoyed the challenges on Inferno. I don't want a game that is way too easy or simplified. However, after attempting to fight a few packs, I blew through all of my gold in repairs. So now, I have to bump it down to and easier level so that I can collect enough gold to go back to Inferno. My stats were nerf'd and it feels like a completely different game, again. Against my better judgement, I spent some money on the RMAH to improve my DPS. I lost quite a bit in DPS and I only bought them three days ago.

I enjoyed working hard in Act 1 to prepare for Act 2 of Inferno. Nothing like getting slaughtered by the mini wasps right at the beginning. Now, even attempting to get through the first part requires so much gold, that it just isn't challenging in a "fun" way.

My point... You now need to spend money on the RMAH to really make a decent attempt. Otherwise, you don't have much of a chance. You can still get lucky with a few good finds, but that might require a few hundred hours of farming. If you can afford the repair costs. The replay-ability of the game just dropped considerably.

All the patches have been geared towards every Inferno player to rely more-and-more on the RMAH. The RMAH should have been an "alternative" for players, not ultimately "forcing" player to participate in it to advance. Nice try, but I am not buying into it. The RMAH should be completely OPTIONAL.

I don't hate Diablo 3. I really hope the kinks do get worked out and they listen to their players for a change. I had a great time for almost 200 hours, and I hope in the future, I can spend some more time in Sanctuary.

This.
Reply Quote

Agreed. I really liked the challenge up until Act II Inferno, and this patch didn't change my opinion at all. All of the ways to make even pathetic amounts of gold were taken away, and the penalty for death repairs are too hefty to allow me to upgrade my gear and progress through the story. It seems real money transactions are being pushed harder and harder with each patch, and that worries me. I have fun trying out different classes, so I might just do that in waiting for some sort of relief, but right now I only see the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 02:56 PMPosted by jup2000
Blizz "working as intended, now go use the RMAH"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]