Diablo® III

500 gold each time I'm hit, what a JOKE.

Repair cost is too much I've been following this video on quick gold farm in this new patch
http://youtu.be/x1FmbrZRABE
Reply Quote
I think you are over embellishing this.
I have all level 60+ gear and I have even died a couple of times... my costs to repair are never more than 3k total for an entire 10 elite kills + butcher run.... getting hit or not. (I tend to stand through a few hits when I get too bored to dubstep.)

I think you are just trying to drum up emotion here and anyone who tests this themselves will see you aren't being very honest here.

All runs even repairing through those same runs are netting 60k+ gold.

You are lying, confused or majorly bugged.

Dude, don't even go there. I'm most certainly not lying.

Before patch, a single hit would cost me anywhere from 30-50 gold. Now it's anywhere from 250-450, depending on the damage type. As I said in my post, nearly 500. It's not that high every time, but it was a few times. I don't even have the best of the best gear either.

Before patch, a short run without death would run anywhere from 500 gold on up to 1500, sometimes 2000, depending on how long I held out on repair. A couple deaths would run anywhere from 4000-6000 and full repair was up to 10,000.

Now a short run without death costs me as much as a run with deaths did before.

I read of guys with BiS gear having even higher pre-patch repair costs, I can't imagine what they're paying now.
Reply Quote
Just for fun, I decided to see how much getting hit cost with the new repair costs.I restarted Act 1 Fields of Misery until a vendor was spawned. I chose this for "lowest" possible cost in inferno. I went out and got hit on purpose by various mobs, and immediately went in and repaired my gear. The average cost per hit was nearly 500 gold, and I don't even have that great of gear (30k/30k post nerf). I understand raising the repair cost for death, but punishing players for playing? NEVER getting hit is not a reasonable expectation of the dev intention to "force players to use more efficient tactics". I am fairly decent at not getting hit considering I play a ranged class and have played past A1 inferno, but this is just absurd. I can't even IMAGINE the amount of money this is going to cost melee classes. I'm a ranged class and it's still ridiculous.Blizzard isn't punishing players for dying, they're punishing them for playing.I can live with the increased repair cost for death, but what would make much more sense is this:Leave the old repair costs the same. Every time the player dies, they are taxed a percentage of their gold. This would be equally painful for all players, not only very poor players. Right now the additional repair cost excessively punishes the players that can least afford it, those that are trying to gear up new characters to progress, and don't have very much gold. The players that can easily keep from dying, typically already have so much gold that they don't care about an extra 30k even if they did die. This is truly the most poorly thought out patch I've ever seen in a video game, in the entire 20 years that I've been actively PC gaming (not counting childhood).
Reply Quote
So wait...you go out and deliberately die...don't heal or anything and you figure that is the cost of each hit?

This is a really stupid thread...
Reply Quote
this team is not as the same as before
that's why they suck
Reply Quote
Repair Cost is ridiculous. Before the patch I had about ~40k whilst doing inferno belial attempts and that went down to about 1k after many repairs. Now I'm stuck naked with a 30k repair bill.
Reply Quote
/signed
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Death Knight
I haven't had a chance to play much yet, but when I went to repair after about 10 mins of farming without dying in act 1 inferno, my repair was about 4k gold.. most items only had lost like 4 things (lol lack of better term)

If they wanted to get rid of ppl dying all the time to get things down, then why couldn't they have made a debuff that everytime you die increases repairs by 25% sort of thing stacking up to four time, make it so it would stay on you character until you actually repaired...

This wreaks of rmah, getting rid of all the gold that ppl can actually attempt to save up, killing the value of item in the gold ah cause nobody can afford to buy 1mill gold items, and the greedy pukes won't sell for less, so they will go to the rmah, the gold ah will have a lot of lower quality stuff, but the rmah is where you will have to go to get the really good stuff...

Cha ching blizz.. cha ching.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Jables
I dont see the issue, My gear costs 21k to repair when yellowed. I make more then enough to cover it. Though this was in hell ponies so.

"hell mode" says it all. Try inferno.
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Rogue
Just for fun, I decided to see how much getting hit cost with the new repair costs.

I restarted Act 1 Fields of Misery until a vendor was spawned. I chose this for "lowest" possible cost in inferno. I went out and got hit on purpose by various mobs, and immediately went in and repaired my gear.

The average cost per hit was nearly 500 gold, and I don't even have that great of gear (30k/30k post nerf).

I understand raising the repair cost for death, but punishing players for playing? NEVER getting hit is not a reasonable expectation of the dev intention to "force players to use more efficient tactics".

I am fairly decent at not getting hit considering I play a ranged class and have played past A1 inferno, but this is just absurd.

I can't even IMAGINE the amount of money this is going to cost melee classes. I'm a ranged class and it's still ridiculous.

Blizzard isn't punishing players for dying, they're punishing them for playing.

I can live with the increased repair cost for death, but what would make much more sense is this:

Leave the old repair costs the same. Every time the player dies, they are taxed a percentage of their gold. This would be equally painful for all players, not only very poor players.

Right now the additional repair cost excessively punishes the players that can least afford it, those that are trying to gear up new characters to progress, and don't have very much gold. The players that can easily keep from dying, typically already have so much gold that they don't care about an extra 30k even if they did die.

This is truly the most poorly thought out patch I've ever seen in a video game, in the entire 20 years that I've been actively PC gaming (not counting childhood).

So you have no gold left to buy off the GAH, and have to use RMAH.

are you all that blind?
Reply Quote
The honeymoon is over.

Many of you were playing in a difficulty you shouldn't have been. You can tell that now because you're spending more on repair bills than you're making from dead mobs. So throw your little tantrums and whatnot; when you're done stamping your feet, go back to farming Hell where you belong.
Reply Quote
4 Worgen Rogue
Just in time for the RMRS (real money repair shop); all it takes is .99 USD to repair from yellow to 100%

We all know it'll get there. If you haven't quit by then, you deserve to be exploited
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warlock
It doesn't help that NOT BEING ABLE TO DODGE CONSISTENTLY is WORKING AS INTENDED
Reply Quote
Dude, Inferno is not for you. Remember it. You top is Hell. Thanks.
Reply Quote
So wait...you go out and deliberately die...don't heal or anything and you figure that is the cost of each hit?

This is a really stupid thread...

Where the hell did I say that?

I said I went out and PURPOSELY got HIT ONCE, so that I could see how much it cost me to GET HIT ONCE. Then I repaired my gear each time and did it a few more times with different enemies, so that I could get a good idea of the cost.

Where did I say I purposely died? I barely even got hit for 1/3 of my health on the worst hit that I took.
Reply Quote
I agree with OP. Having huge repair costs from taking normal damage is dumb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]