Diablo® III

500 gold each time I'm hit, what a JOKE.

They should remove durability and hit us with 10% on each death.
Reply Quote
14 Gnome Mage
I don't believe it is 500 gold per hit, in any gear.

I only repaired when I needed bag space and repairs were 1600-2400 on average. As a melee I was hit more than 3-5 times there, I can promise.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Just killed inferno siegebreaker with the new reflect, adding the gold he dropped and his vendor trash i actually lost gold for fighting him and i didnt even die. This is hilariously broken.
Reply Quote
Repair cost is a joke, I'm still laughing right now.

Oh, I can't afford more repairs, think this is a good time to start using RMAH.

Oh wait...
Reply Quote
This is truly the most poorly thought out patch I've ever seen in a video game, in the entire 20 years that I've been actively PC gaming (not counting childhood).

I agree. They should have played this a while before releasing it; it's such a big, jarring shift -- totally uncalled for. It's punitive.
Reply Quote
taxing a percentage of players gold when they die? are you !@#$ing nuts?

gold in this game equals real money for people who use the paypal option

you must be %^-*ing crazy if you think blizzard would EVER make a change like that to this game

How is charging for armor repairs any different?

If you are wearing the same armor, it still costs the same amount to repair when full broken.

How is that any different than a tax rate?

I can tell you how it's different... it hurts equally for everyone, unlike this solution.

The only difference with the flat tax, is that it actually has a chance of being fair to ALL players, instead of just the rich.

Actually, there's another difference... it would hurt equally for everyone, unlike the current solution.

Flat taxes are not fair. A poor player will NOT be able to repair his or her gear. They will have a hard time saving up for better gear too. It's a stupid idea. I'm not poor btw. I had to spend 100k to repair after a boss fight (small fraction of my gold).
Reply Quote
lol noobs gotta learn to play

Maybe if you were pro enough to spend $3k at the RMAH, for gear with indestructible stats, you wouldn't be in this mess.
Reply Quote
Everyone knows that the higher your gear lvl is, the more it costs to repair? So people saying "it only cost me like 4k to repair all my gear" when they're using 50-59 gear is not comparable to people with all lvl 60 gear.
Reply Quote
So how are melee supposed to play exactly?
Reply Quote
I don't believe it is 500 gold per hit, in any gear.

I only repaired when I needed bag space and repairs were 1600-2400 on average. As a melee I was hit more than 3-5 times there, I can promise.

Multiple people are adding their accounts as well, to confirm.

As I mentioned in a previous post, it wasn't 500 every single time, that was the high average.

I would up to 450 on hard hits, like getting charged, whereas a light ranged hit would be more in the range of 200-250.

As I also mentioned before, my pre-patch average was around 30-70 per hit, so this is right in line.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:28 PMPosted by grandedos
Looks like +gold find items are better than MF items now.

They already were prior to the patch. Now they're going to be mandatory.
Reply Quote
i couldnt say it any better myself but i m quitting because i got stuck in act 1 inferno for like 2 !@#$ing months and then they promise its gona be more awesome and i would be able to progress again

So you got to Act 1 inferno a month before release, and have been stuck on it since, right?

lol.
Reply Quote
I repaired the gear on my wd which cost 37k and it wasn't yellow yet. I went to test it and killed 8 zombies without getting hit for a 1.5k repair bill. The OP is not lying and this patch is horrible. Getting lvl60 gear and up is a massive increase in repair bills. If the cost hit was from deaths i would be happy but this is asinine. I finally got where i dont die once in inferno act1, now i'm considering going with complete indestructible deathzerg gear.
Reply Quote

How is charging for armor repairs any different?

If you are wearing the same armor, it still costs the same amount to repair when full broken.

How is that any different than a tax rate?

I can tell you how it's different... it hurts equally for everyone, unlike this solution.

The only difference with the flat tax, is that it actually has a chance of being fair to ALL players, instead of just the rich.

Actually, there's another difference... it would hurt equally for everyone, unlike the current solution.

Flat taxes are not fair. A poor player will NOT be able to repair his or her gear. They will have a hard time saving up for better gear too. It's a stupid idea. I'm not poor btw. I had to spend 100k to repair after a boss fight (small fraction of my gold).

DERP.

If you only have 50k gold left because you just upgraded, and there is a say, 2% tax on death, you only pay 1000 gold per death. If you have 1million gold, you pay 20k per death.

As it is right now, if you have 50k gold left after an upgrade, and you die a few times trying to take down an elite pack, you're screwed. If you have 1mil gold, it "doesn't bother you" at all. How is that any more fair than a flat tax?

If it was a 2% tax with a 50k cap, it would work PERFECTLY, and be 100% fair for EVERYONE.

Since you seem to have trouble telling the difference between stupid and not stupid, I'll explain.

My idea = NOT STUPID

This patch = STUPID

edit: Not only does the above support my argument, but my suggestion has successfully been used MANY times in games.
Edited by Vindemi#1488 on 6/19/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]