Diablo® III

500 gold each time I'm hit, what a JOKE.

Yea the damage to gear from fighting is DUMB. It should only occur on death, otherwise I find myself unable to gain any gold as everything sold/gold found goes to repairs. Very annoying.
Reply Quote
insane (but not surprising) if true
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Maybe everyone that sucks at this game will finally leave now...thank you devs.
I no longer have to join a public game with people that die so much they can't even pay their own repair bills, and are too illiterate to use the AH.
Reply Quote

Blizzard isn't punishing players for dying, they're punishing them for playing.

They said they thought this out very carefully and selected this option because they felt it best suited their need of limiting how many times players were willing to die to down a boss.

Obviously, no one around the watercooler said, "but this affects everyone, all the time, even if theyre not fighting bosses and most especially melee who can rack up the same costs without ever dying once."

So either they're morons and can't figure out how to accomplish a goal without destroying gameplay OR they're just plain lying and the real reason for this is to affect the economy so they can rake in more fees from the RMAH.

Either way, its a dumb move and they are shedding players.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
People like the OP making threads like this don't help anything. I can clear an entire area in Inferno act 1/2 and not even have a 2k repair bill. I did a couple Butcher runs with 5 stacks of NV and only ended up with 3-4k worth of repairs for the entire run, and made way more than that in gold/items. Yes, it's crazy expensive compared to what it was before (yes, I do think it's WAY too high atm), but it's not 500g per hit. Not even close.

Stop blowing things out of proportion to try to get attention, it just makes people roll their eyes and then they tend to ignore the fact that there really is a problem to be looked at (ie, get blinded to the issue by blatant lies about how bad it really is).
Edited by Drave#1749 on 6/19/2012 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Don't forget everytime you loot a chest you are being charged also.
Reply Quote
Learn how to make gold reliably and efficiently.

If you can't figure out how, you will get !@#$ed in D3 and probably deserve it.

yeah, the thing is... I did that.. and then Blizzard nerfed it.

so I was all "ok, cool, I'll just find a new wa.." and then Blizzard nerfed that too.

THEN they increased the repair cost on everything.

gg.
Reply Quote
the increase in repair cost was under the assumption that whenever people play they'll be doing so with all 5 stacks of NV

why does that make sense? for the casual player who can't find the time to play for that long its going to take forever to get enough money to repair therefore you lose the casual player base you have pandered to so much

if you don't want people spawning over and over to run down an elite pack's health then just make the health of that elite completely reset upon death
Reply Quote
+1

this is stooped!
=B
Reply Quote
Oh yeah I forgot the durability loss from getting hit...

I don't know if OP is telling the truth or not but 500g per hit does seem ridiculous...
Reply Quote
People like the OP making threads like this don't help anything. I can clear an entire area in Inferno act 1/2 and not even have a 2k repair bill. Yes, it's crazy expensive compared to what it was before (yes, I do think it's WAY too high atm), but it's not 500g per hit. Not even close.

Stop blowing things out of proportion to try to get attention, it just makes people roll their eyes and then they tend to ignore the fact that there really is a problem to be looked at (ie, get blinded to the issue by blatant lies about how bad it really is).

Not only am I not blowing it out of proportion, but quite a few others have come in and confirmed they have similar costs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I had a lot of fun playing this game on normal. Kind of glad I lost interest in it after that, since a lot of this stuff in harder difficulties doesn't sound fun at all to me.
Edited by Thanë#1282 on 6/19/2012 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
People like the OP making threads like this don't help anything. I can clear an entire area in Inferno act 1/2 and not even have a 2k repair bill. I did a couple Butcher runs with 5 stacks of NV and only ended up with 3-4k worth of repairs for the entire run, and made way more than that in gold/items. Yes, it's crazy expensive compared to what it was before (yes, I do think it's WAY too high atm), but it's not 500g per hit. Not even close.

You playing a Barb or Monk, Drave?
Reply Quote
Oh yeah I forgot the durability loss from getting hit...

I don't know if OP is telling the truth or not but 500g per hit does seem ridiculous...

Find out for yourself if I'm telling the truth or not, instead of sitting here and calling my word into question.

Quite a few others have posted similar accounts, and it's not even remotely unbelievable considering the cost of repairing high end gear.
Reply Quote
Your solution is terrible. It doesn't make sense to charge more for deaths because someone has more gold. If anything, they should keep the repair costs by being hit pre-patch, and just charge more for people who die constantly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]