Diablo® III

TORCHLIGHT 2 AWWW YEAH

09/01/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Symplectic

I know, whats the point of playing an action rpg or any game at all?

On a positive note you dont have to play with people who mod if you dont want to, you can remove them from your game and you will be able to tell who mods and who doesnt. There are guilds who plan to play the game with no mods and on certain difficulty levels.
Minecraft is a building game so it remains new for the player in some sense. Tetris is an unbeatable competition. That's how these games retain longevity.

Games like WC3 maintain longevity through having a competitive ladder, games like WoW maintain longevity by having constant new content. D2 maintains longevity by having closed servers with a functioning economy and PvP competition.

What the hell is kicking people who you accuse of modding going to do? Is it gonna make the economy closed? Is it gonna magically add an endgame? Is it gonna make PvP competitive? There's still nothing stopping actual in-game items that have been obtained by mods to be traded to a non-modded character. And nothing to flag whether a item that you've been given was modded or dropped. Runic plans to add some way to sniff whether characters (not items) has been modded, and they do not claim that it's accurate. But accuracy aside, what's it even suppose to fix? Nothing.

The point of Torchlight 2 is to have fun. Also, for 20 dollars, the game has lots of longevity. The game is not easy to beat as you can change the difficulties ranging from easy to elite (four difficulties).
Reply Quote

Minecraft is a building game so it remains new for the player in some sense. Tetris is an unbeatable competition. That's how these games retain longevity.

Games like WC3 maintain longevity through having a competitive ladder, games like WoW maintain longevity by having constant new content. D2 maintains longevity by having closed servers with a functioning economy and PvP competition.

What the hell is kicking people who you accuse of modding going to do? Is it gonna make the economy closed? Is it gonna magically add an endgame? Is it gonna make PvP competitive? There's still nothing stopping actual in-game items that have been obtained by mods to be traded to a non-modded character. And nothing to flag whether a item that you've been given was modded or dropped. Runic plans to add some way to sniff whether characters (not items) has been modded, and they do not claim that it's accurate. But accuracy aside, what's it even suppose to fix? Nothing.

The point of Torchlight 2 is to have fun. Also, for 20 dollars, the game has lots of longevity. The game is not easy to beat as you can change the difficulties ranging from easy to elite (four difficulties).

You're right, the game is just for fun. That's why I bought it for $20.

I'm pointing out why having modding and no closed servers will mean that the game has no longevity. The fact that it has 4 difficulties changes nothing. There's no point in playing the hardest difficulty. And even if you do play all difficulties, so then what? What's the endgame? What's the goal? What's the point? What's next?

Play it once or twice for fun, then it will quickly become old and forgettable. Like D3, it's ultimately pointless game, with no lasting appeal due to major design errors.
Edited by Eigenscape#6207 on 9/1/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Symplectic
I'm pointing out why having modding and no closed servers will mean that the game has no longevity. The fact that it has 4 difficulties changes nothing. There's no point in playing the hardest difficulty. And even if you do play all difficulties, so then what? What's the endgame? What's the goal? What's the point? What's next?

What's the point in playing any game? Fun, period.

I know you're being wilfully obtuse, but the endgame is the randomised dungeons that you access from the map room at the end of the game. Or, you go and do New Game + with better loot and harder monsters. Or, you stop playing and go find something else to do.

You know, like every other game that's ever been made. Once you've finished enjoying it, you stop playing. There will never be a game made that does not fit that statement.
Reply Quote
Join a guild, play with legit players, try different classes/specs, repeat.
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Suedomsa

What the hell is joining a guild or kicking people who you accuse of modding going to do? Is it gonna make the economy closed? Is it gonna magically add an endgame? Is it gonna make PvP competitive? There's still nothing stopping actual in-game items that have been obtained by mods to be traded to a non-modded character. And nothing to flag whether a item that you've been given was modded or dropped. Runic plans to add some way to sniff whether characters (not items) has been modded, and they do not claim that it's accurate. But accuracy aside, what's it even suppose to fix? Nothing.
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Symplectic

What the hell is joining a guild or kicking people who you accuse of modding going to do? Is it gonna make the economy closed? Is it gonna magically add an endgame? Is it gonna make PvP competitive? There's still nothing stopping actual in-game items that have been obtained by mods to be traded to a non-modded character. And nothing to flag whether a item that you've been given was modded or dropped. Runic plans to add some way to sniff whether characters (not items) has been modded, and they do not claim that it's accurate. But accuracy aside, what's it even suppose to fix? Nothing.

What is there to fix? People who want a close economy don't play TL. If you play TL and complain that there is no close economy, then you are stupid.

I suggest to anybody buying a game to do research. To save you the trouble, TL is not competitive or balanced for PvP. Runic stated this so many times. Tell me how dumb can you be to continue to aregue that TL is not competitive as if you are trying to convince people when it is already known.

What end game nonsense are you going on about? Are you so poor that a $20 game has to last you a life time? Play it. Beat it. Be done with it. Buy another game and repeat the process.
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 will have steam workshop from the get go.http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/torchlight-ii/1225950p1.html

This should make installing mods idiot proof which is good news for me
Reply Quote

What is there to fix? People who want a close economy don't play TL. If you play TL and complain that there is no close economy, then you are stupid.

I suggest to anybody buying a game to do research. To save you the trouble, TL is not competitive or balanced for PvP. Runic stated this so many times. Tell me how dumb can you be to continue to aregue that TL is not competitive as if you are trying to convince people when it is already known.

What end game nonsense are you going on about? Are you so poor that a $20 game has to last you a life time? Play it. Beat it. Be done with it. Buy another game and repeat the process.

Learn to read: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5884688510?page=3#42

You're right, the game is just for fun. That's why I bought it for $20.

Play it once or twice for fun, then it will quickly become old and forgettable. Like D3, it's ultimately pointless game, with no lasting appeal due to major design errors.
Edited by Eigenscape#6207 on 9/1/2012 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That's my point idiot. You learn to read. You already stated you play for fun. Why bother argue about pointless things like end game? Are you some sick psycho that post just to argue with no rhyme or reason?
Edited by Camiltoe#1678 on 9/1/2012 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That's my point idiot. You learn to read. You already stated you play for fun. Why bother argue about pointless things like end game? Are you some sick psycho that just post to argue with no rhyme or reason?

I said it before you, so you learn to read.

It's a bad game because the fun will be quickly exhausted, unlike other games with lasting appeal. Those that have been mentioned in this post include: Minecraft, Tetris, WC3, Dota, WoW, D2.
Edited by Eigenscape#6207 on 9/1/2012 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's fun but it's a bad game? you lost me. Anyway, good luck in life.

Edit: I truly hope you find that special game that will last you a life time.
Edited by Camiltoe#1678 on 9/1/2012 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Camiltoe
It's fun but it's a bad game? you lost me. Anyway, good luck in life.

It's a bad game because the fun will be very short lived since the game will have no longevity. It'll be fun for only a while. Another reason why it's bad is because it would have been a much better game had there been closed servers and no modding on the closed server. It could have been a great and long-lasting game, but it's not.
Edited by Eigenscape#6207 on 9/1/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

LOL

I've already given examples of games with lasting appeal, most of which weren't even my examples at first. D3 is not one of those games and TL2 will also not be one of those games (although it could have been).

No one said anything about lasting a life time.
Edited by Eigenscape#6207 on 9/1/2012 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm really excited.

I had a ton of fun with Torchlight, and TL2 is taking all of that and doubling it.

Plus, it's $20 for TWO games. Great deal
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Symplectic

LOL

I've already given examples of games with lasting appeal, most of which weren't even my examples at first. D3 is not one of those games and TL2 will also not be one of those games (although it could have been).

No one said anything about lasting a life time.

Symplectic what are u talking about if u mod ur game u cannot join people who are playing "vanilla" TL2 and TL2 does have endgame its got endgame in where u have 2 options either play the game on harder difficulty or go the the map room and play random dungeons u found like idk what else you want oh and it does have pvp so again if u play on vanilla TL2 ur only playing other people on vanilla TL2 read ur !@#$ kid before u start talking about !@#$ o btw its got all that stuff it has and its only 20 dollars and modding does not ruin the game RLAH and Ah do.

its d2 with random dungeon generators........ d2 still be playing played 10 + years later geta clue kid.
Edited by DacHanDe#1187 on 9/2/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]