Diablo® III

How to get the achievement Bad Breath?

Figured I would post here since I'm doing this on my barb. It seems since the patch, Belial automatically starts his breath from the opposite side of where you are standing, meaning it will always hit you. I tried leaping over it, but it damaged me anyway. I'm left clueless of how to get this achievement on a barbarian...
Reply Quote
Leap better.
Reply Quote
I tried alot, it seems like the leap cant dodge it. Show me a video of a barb doing it with leap as a proof.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
Kill him before the first breath.
Reply Quote
I would do that, if I had enough dps, but my pitiful 24k dps makes me unable to do so.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:11 PMPosted by koillu
Figured I would post here since I'm doing this on my barb. It seems since the patch, Belial automatically starts his breath from the opposite side of where you are standing, meaning it will always hit you. I tried leaping over it, but it damaged me anyway. I'm left clueless of how to get this achievement on a barbarian...

Belial has a simple pattern. While the breath can be random, it normally comes from the right.

1. Single fist, another single fist, Double fist.
2. Right after the double fist, he tries to slam a quick single fist on you.
3. At this point, run to the FAR right corner for when he starts his breath on the right, you are cleared from the damage.
4. Run back to the middle to dodge step 1-2 again.
5. Then he does the floor explosions and then repeats steps 1-3.

Follow the pattern, but after the double fist slam and then the single follow slam, get to the right edge. I got the achievement yesterday on accident and this is the method I use.
Reply Quote
"While the breath can be random, it normally comes from the right."

Not so sure about that.
Reply Quote
They changed up his rotation I think. He does 2 breaths inbetween disco-explosions after the first cycle.
Reply Quote
I got it by attacking Belial in the top right corner only, only moving out to avoid the meteor phases, and moved right back afterwards. I did this before 1.03 so I'm not entirely sure if the breath will now hit you while in the corners.
Edited by Nkrdbl#1839 on 6/20/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Prior to 1.03 I attempted Belial a few times before finally downing him. I was realiably avoiding his breath by standing all the way to the right. Unfortunately, on the attempt I actually beat him, I got hit with the breath (legitimately). Hated the fight so didn't go back for the cheevo and figured I would do it later when better geared.

With the nerf to inferno, I finally got around to trying it again, like the OP, it seems completely unavoidable. If I stand on the right side he starts on the left and I get hit at the end of the arc. If I stay all the way left, he starts on the right and I get hit by the end of the arc.
Reply Quote
^+1 i'm having the exact same problem, its impossible to dodge, i just killed him 5 times in a row, even tho it doesnt look like it hits you, i still get the damage appearing over me. This is for a barb
Reply Quote
Yeah fight towards the right and when he does his animation for the breath, run to the far right corner. Worked on all my chars.
Reply Quote
This achievement is clearly bugged. After having just killed Belial on my WD before his first breath attack, I did not receive the achievement. I even clicked through the rest of the quests and progressed through to Act 4 and never rewarded me.
Reply Quote
I just tried getting this achievement with my barbarian and the edges are blocked in 1.03 so you can't completely avoid the breath by just walking the stairs up and staying away. I even tried to back up from belial to the far right cornet, but everytime the breath comes no matter where I stand I see red digits on me so... is this a bug or do I need some hawt leap trick or something?
Reply Quote
5 Troll Warrior
Poorly designed achievement/game.
Reply Quote
I've gotten the achievement. Turns out its not that you can't be hit by it, you just need to take no damage from it. If you have any ability to "absorb" all its damage everytime it comes around, you will still gain the achievement.
Reply Quote
Bad breath achiev IS bugged. I done bad breath achiev several times and still no achiev, i normally kill Belial even he got to first breath and nothig - frustrating...same goes with "self sufficient" achiev on Diablo himself....
Reply Quote
Play as DH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]