Diablo® III

Starter Upgrade Thread

(Locked)

Well i just put a complaint through the BBB so maybe that will get them working on this fast. and maybe the BBB can help me get my money back since blizzard wont.
I've dealt with Blizz since Warcraft 2 came out on my Windows 3.1, and this is by far the longest I've seen them go without addressing something (I mean, even responding that they've heard you).
I'm going to call it a night, maybe Blizzard will not only have admitted to their issue come morning but also fixed it.

You know, I stayed playing Rift while others left by the dozens not because I didn't want to try D3 but because of all the negative feedback I'd heard about it - mostly technical issue. Look at amazon, it's more than a 2:1 ratio of bad feedback versus good. So I waited, until today, thinking after this many weeks the bugs would be ironed out....

And here's my reward.

These forums are just filled with issues, we should all put in for a refund. I think the company quit caring about its customers....oh I'd say about the time WoW was in its third week.

Shame on us for being silly enough to believe?
Edited by Testekleze#1463 on 6/19/2012 7:41 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
THIS IS FRAUD BLIZZARD. DO SOMETHING QUICK.
Just wanted to tell everyone that playing with a friend unlocked the full game for me, until I reloaded the game, when I finally saw part 5 of Act 1 (though nothing beyond Act 1). Just so stupid.
I bought the game over 24hours ago. I'm still stuck in demo mode. I also cannot invite a friend by email. error 103.
Friends have to invite you to games they are hosting for the work around.
Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience.

The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

I have to address this one more time...

I did NOT buy a starter edition, I bought and paid for, from scratch, a FULL edition and THAT'S what makes this excuse both lame AND insulting to those of us here.

That was a sad, sad, sad attempt to dump all this issue into one and say that we're all sitting here on starter accounts that we tried to convert.

WHILE searching in the database today for an answer the Blizz support page TELLS me that starter accounts are not even valid anymore.

My God admit there's something wrong and give us a timeline, how hard is that.

Are we just viewed as a bunch of fat game addicts that will soon forget what you've put us through when we've paid money? Order a pizza and let's see how happy you are if you don't get it for three days man.

I am simply just in awe, it's like the bombs are falling and the lady on the loudspeaker is saying remain calm there's nothing wrong.

wow, just wow, and no not that lame game wow.
5 Worgen Hunter
I just called the BBB blizzard good job taking 60 dollars from me just to play a free trial nice fraud
90 Goblin Priest
06/19/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Strafey
I just called the BBB blizzard good job taking 60 dollars from me just to play a free trial nice fraud
Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience.

The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

I have to address this one more time...

I did NOT buy a starter edition, I bought and paid for, from scratch, a FULL edition and THAT'S what makes this excuse both lame AND insulting to those of us here.

That was a sad, sad, sad attempt to dump all this issue into one and say that we're all sitting here on starter accounts that we tried to convert.

WHILE searching in the database today for an answer the Blizz support page TELLS me that starter accounts are not even valid anymore.

My God admit there's something wrong and give us a timeline, how hard is that.

Are we just viewed as a bunch of fat game addicts that will soon forget what you've put us through when we've paid money? Order a pizza and let's see how happy you are if you don't get it for three days man.

I am simply just in awe, it's like the bombs are falling and the lady on the loudspeaker is saying remain calm there's nothing wrong.

wow, just wow, and no not that lame game wow.

Whoa !@#$ this issue is a lot worse than expected. I do program testing at work and I at least send out emails when people's accounts are screwed up, and I explained what happened in a timely manner if asked. These issues could have been avoided so easily. I wonder if the patches have been causing problems with us too. I should have a full account though, I just used a guest code for D3 initially. I'm sure they will have taken my money before I can play, but that will be tomorrow night since I can't play at work. I can certainly send email complaints though. As in all my other games that have had login/server/game problems, *I DEMAND COMPENSATION* I've had better service from Ijji, Nexon, NDoors and SGI.
Edited by Crownowa#1962 on 6/19/2012 7:55 PM PDT
I bought the game this morning. I also can not play beyond skeleton king. sucks, i was looking forward to playing with friends. considering getting a refund if not fixed asap.
85 Dwarf Priest
Add me to the list of perma-starter.... sent an e-mail. I guess it's nice to see a blue reply, but watching my friends level up while I kill the king again is kinda lame.
I just called Blizzard customer support, and they had even updated their automated response saying that they are aware of this issue and it can be fixed by changing the password, which as we all know does not work for what is occurring with us. And their call queue is full. This is patronizing, insulting, and downright infuriating that they will not respond to us. I've never had an issue with Blizz with all my years of WoW, but this is ridiculous. Here is my ticket if anyone is interested or cares:

Account REVERTED to guest status after patch

I upgraded my account yesterday from Guest Account and purchased the full game. I played past the starter content and everything was working as it should. I played passed the Skeleton King and gained XP, etc.

Today after the patch my character beyond the starter content stopped gaining XP at level 13, as though it was a guest account character (even though it is beyond the Skel King) and all my other characters cannot progress beyond the skeleton king. I receive the same message I did asking to upgrade. Yesterday, my characters did NOT receive this prompt.

Changing password does not fix this issue. It appears to be an issue of its own based on what is going on in the forums
Next thing you know it'll get turned on us, I can see it now...

Dear Game Players,
In regard to the alleged technical issue "erroneous account downgrade to starter edition from full edition if you bought the digital copy on or around patch day", we at Blizzard would like to point out that this is not an error within the game source code but is actually one based on your own personal life choices. We have determined that as a user you simply do not wash your hands often enough prior to using the keyboard and as it should happen on this day, patch day, your keyboards all rebelled against you and logged into your accounts, working in conjunction with your mouse, and lowered your game status to Trial and/or Starter account. In conclusion, we ask that in the future you use better hygiene and log back into your account page and send us another 59.95, thank you.
Blizzzzzzz
So this really isn't an isolated incident and is definitely a problem on their end. Do they really not test any of their patches on game functions? They should have been prepared for the influx of online purchases when the game was released, especially with physical game shortages in the US!
"Downloading & Gifting
---------------------------------
What are digital downloads?

Certain Blizzard games can be purchased as digital downloads. Instead of purchasing a boxed retail copy of the game, the digital version gives you the ability to immediately download and play it on your computer as soon as you pay for the game."

- Blizzard Store FAQ

"the digital version gives you the ability to immediately download and play it on your computer as soon as you pay for the game."

"immediately download and play it on your computer"

"immediately give us money and play to Level 13 and/or the Skeleton King (whichever comes first)"

Damn. It was right there all along. Guess we're all getting upset for no reason.
90 Goblin Priest
"Downloading & Gifting

Certain Blizzard games can be purchased as digital downloads. Instead of purchasing a boxed retail copy of the game, the digital version gives you the ability to immediately download and play it on your computer as soon as you pay for the game."

- Blizzard Store FAQ

"the digital version gives you the ability to immediately download and play it on your computer as soon as you pay for the game."

"immediately give us money and play to Level 13 and/or the Skeleton King (whichever comes first)"

Damn. It was right there all along. Guess we're all getting upset for no reason.
"Downloading & Gifting

- Blizzard Store FAQ

Whoa whoa whoa
hold the phone just a moment
stop the presses

are you suggesting a representative of Blizzard got on these boards and spoke in a dishonest or misleading manner?

Shame on you sir, I demand satisfaction....I have a level 14 glove I just picked up in Act 1 part 5, the part after the skeleton king that Ima gonna, Ima gonna....WAIT no I don't.

STILL BROKEN
90 Blood Elf Mage
FIX IT NOW!! LOL
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]