Diablo® III

Starter Upgrade Thread

(Locked)

It's like those pictures of you floating around online...

JUST ADMIT IT SO WE CAN MOVE ON

It's like that cat the keeps getting knocked up by the neighborhood stray....

JUST FIX IT SO WE CAN MOVE ON
"Certain Blizzard games can be purchased as digital downloads. Instead of purchasing a boxed retail copy of the game, the digital version gives you the ability to immediately download and play it on your computer as soon as you pay for the game."

You can play as soon as we charge your account, we say that you've already downloaded the full version so you cannot get a refund, we make excuses for all of the issues caused by our patches and our inadequacy to deal with online purchases, and then maybe you can get to play within 3 days, just maybe. Until then, enjoy killing Skeleton King and being unable to play past L13! We've downgraded the full version players just so they can all be on the same playing field!

Please let someone be held accountable for this.
Edited by Crownowa#1962 on 6/19/2012 8:16 PM PDT
Age of Empires II played through The Zone had less issues in 1998
"Certain Blizzard games can be purchased as digital downloads. Instead of purchasing a boxed retail copy of the game, the digital version gives you the ability to immediately download and play it on your computer as soon as you pay for the game."

You can play as soon as we charge your account, we say that you've already downloaded the full version so you cannot get a refund, we make excuses for all of the issues caused by our patches and our inadequacy to deal with online purchases, and then maybe you can get to play within 3 days, just maybe. Until then, enjoy killing Skeleton King and being unable to play past L13! We've downgraded the full version players just so they can all be on the same playing field!

Please let someone be held accountable for this.

Amen dude. I just purchased the game and now I'm being told I have to wait 3 days before I can keep playing?

Maybe I'm blind, but that wasn't advertised ANYWHERE on the product description.
FYI everyone (from the FAQ):

What do the various order status messages mean?

Here are the most common invoice statuses that appear on your order:
Pending: The order is waiting to be sent to the shipping warehouse. This may be because the payment is still processing or because we are waiting for inventory to become available. This is the only order state in which it is still possible to cancel an order for physical goods.
Queued: This is assigned to an order should the order require manual processing.
Processed: The order information has been received by the shipping warehouse and the merchandise is being assembled for shipping. At this point, you may not cancel the order.
Shipped: The carrier has picked up the packaged order, and a tracking number has been sent to Blizzard Entertainment.

These are some other status messages that may appear under certain conditions:
Refund: The order status has been set to be refunded to the customer.
Canceled: The order has been canceled by the customer while it was in the Pending stage.

They really seem to hope that we think consumers don't have rights and we can't phone our credit card companies to help us cancel the purchase.
Edited by Crownowa#1962 on 6/19/2012 8:20 PM PDT
85 Dwarf Priest
Frustrating, yes, not worth all the forum rage though. I trust blizzard, they've been churning out solid games and support for years. I'm irked, but I'll go to sleep, let them do their work, and they will figure it out.
06/19/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Bannedaid
Frustrating, yes, not worth all the forum rage though. I trust blizzard, they've been churning out solid games and support for years. I'm irked, but I'll go to sleep, let them do their work, and they will figure it out.

You are not the robot I was searching for
06/19/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Bannedaid

I would have only myself to blame if there was a warning when purchasing the game online. Just that one piece of info would have saved a lot of us grief. As for the people stuck at L13 even after changing their passwords...
On the bright side - we all set records for reaching Max level.
85 Orc Death Knight
I'll toss in my name to the list of those that can't gain full access... It's been about 8 hours since I made the purchase. It's hard to believe that credit cards that have been used for years with the same billing department would have some type of verification process this extensive.
I would love some clarification on this issue that goes beyond "HURRR DURR, WAIT 3 DAYS AND SEE IF IT WORKS!!"

Is that really too much to ask for?
100 Undead Mage
It's a lame excuse they are using to cover up a major bug. Anyway..I got a level 60 friend to start a game in act 2 and invite me to party. I was able to zone in to act 2 and get quests. I COULD NOT gain experience though.
85 Dwarf Priest
I would agree that the 3 days comment is smoke, I guess I just have a higher tolerance for that.
I just got off the phone with support and the guy told me that they put in the que this patch because alot of ppl were complaining about the gold spammers ??? said they wanted to make sure that the person was actually buying the game before letting them use chat and stuff...

sure fine whatever i dont care....

but wtf does chat have to do with the xp bar? or with progressing past the skeleton king?
well i beat skellie king with a party of players that didn't have the issue to see if it would open the portal for me to next area thinking well, what no portal just for me? but lol everyone got stuck there and ...then they all left me behind lol.
06/19/2012 08:39 PMPosted by RAVAGING
well i beat skellie king with a party of players that didn't have the issue to see if it would open the portal for me to next area thinking well, what no portal just for me? but lol everyone got stuck there and ...then they all left me behind lol.

nice :P
I just got off the phone with support and the guy told me that they put in the que this patch because alot of ppl were complaining about the gold spammers ??? said they wanted to make sure that the person was actually buying the game before letting them use chat and stuff...

but wtf does chat have to do with the xp bar? or with progressing past the skeleton king?

and AGAIN, if your account has been charged it's obvious you're buying the game because you've already BOUGHT the game

MORE SMOKE

STILL BROKEN

FIX IT

Thanks for this. At least we have some information that blue could have taken 2.3 seconds to post.

Is that a legitimate reason though? No. Gold spammers are a Blizzard problem and their customers shouldn't be punished for it.
85 Dwarf Priest
If it helps at all, I did a full uninstall / reinstall in addition to the reset password. It didn't change anything. (figured it would be worth posting as it might save someone else from the download again)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]