Diablo® III

Australia & New Zealand Latency Fixed?

*Disclaimer
This appears to have worked for me but bringing my average latency down from over 500ms to an average of 220ms as of tonight
This may be a fix, or it may have been something Blizzard did in last nights patch, or a combination of the two but here goes........

1 - Open the Network and Sharing Centre
2 - Open the Local Area Connection that you connect through (myself, I use 2 network cards (NICs) so I did this for both)
3 - Open the properties of each NIC and remove the tick next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4 - (Be very carful in here) Open your registry editor "regedit.exe" and navigate through to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters"
5 - Creade a new DWORD called "DisabledComponents" (case sensitive)
6 - Edit the new DWORD and give it a value of FF in HEX
7 - Reboot PC (this is a must for any changes in the "CurentControlSet" registry area)

This will disable and completely block all TCP/IPv6 network tunnels and adapters and have found that my constant, in game, latency is now 205-220 from Melbourne

Please try this out, and if it assists you, please pass it on to any and all D3 fanatics :o)

If it does not work, please let me know via a reply here, I have may other tweaks to add to this one that may all need to be enabled to create one big tweak

EDIT: If you like, I can try to make an instructional VID and post to youtube if people have problems following the above
Edited by WizzFizz#6626 on 6/20/2012 2:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't be so trigger happy throwing the words "Latency fixed" around. I have attempted to play the game three times tonight and my machine has hung on all three occasions due to lag. Prior to last night's maintenance I had maybe one tiny spike in two hours (The best I get is usually 240ms). This patch has currently made the game unplayable for me.

I don't doubt the regedit thing may have helped you out and may help a few others out, but can it really overcome all the problems of connecting to a California based server... doubtful.
And don't give Blizzard credit where it's definitely not warranted, this patch was all about achieving a balance and a new economy for their RMAH, not the real issues that plague gamers from overseas. I doubt our lag concerns are that high on their agenda to begin with.
Reply Quote
Latency fixed can only ever mean 200+ms ping for us. AT BEST.

Way to spit on the face of everyone in AUS/NZ blizzard. I'm disgusted with how this community has been treated.
Reply Quote
I get lower then 200ms...Still Green

But since the 1.03 patch I have rubber banding, server lag (not internet lag)
Reply Quote
I installed the newest Nvidia Drivers for my Geforce 8800GTS and I set the "Maximum Frame Rate" in the game to 75, I still rubber band but not that much as before (but we will see at about 8PM at night, the test was at about 11AM (USA Prime time)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]