Diablo® III

Double Tornado - Inferno beaten with 6M Part2

Where did post 301 go? It was pretty long >_<

From memory : @DASBEAN : Since Sprint hits an hugen umber of times (~60 hits per Sprint for me), the Crit Chance/Proc Chance average over such big number and it becomes reliable. Never got a Sprint to not give me enough fury to Sprint again, except when I fail to hit the monsters. Make sure you have at least 37% crit chance and 1.55 attack/second, unbuffed.

@DAaViD : Buffed or unbuffed? What about HP and Attack Speed?
Even if it's buffed you should (just) be good for Act 3, if HP/AS aren't too low, I guess you just need to get used to the build. Spawn 4 tornadoes before going in with WW, then keep Sprint/Battle Rage up all the time and you should be able to tank no problem.

@xEvilReeperx : With more attack speed, the tornadoes hit more often but for the same amount of time, so the total number of hits is higher too (100% sure, checked frame-per-frame).

Just tried with 2 differents weapons :
- With 1.66 attack/s, my tornadoes hit about 15 times for a total of ~180% of my DPS stat (60%(tooltip) per second?).
- With 1.3 attack/s, my tornadoes hit about 12 times for a total of ~180% of my DPS (higher % per hit, but less hits)
(Would be best to try with a very slow and very fast weapon instead, but that's all I had right now)

It's not true for every ability (I think), but for Sprint, seems like you can replace "weapon's damage" with "DPS" in the tooltip.

(Even if the 60% part is just a coincidence, still, say a weapon hit for 200 with 1a/s and another for 100 with 2a/s (both are 200dps weapons). Former weapon's tornadoes will hit about 10 times, and latter 20 times for half as much damage -> same total damage.)
Edited by Dino#2633 on 6/25/2012 7:25 PM PDT
hey dino just trying out this spec and its amazing so far, tough to get the hang of but trying, wondering if you could post your updated gear/stats very interested. thanks for all the posts man
i believe this build will get nerfed in the future...
Anyone try this with a shield? You can get like... +10% crit +6% whirlwind crit on a shield.
I want to love this build, it's so much fun ... but I feel like a Kamikazee dying way to often. Every now and then I take down a pack of elites very easily, other times (most of the time), I get spanked. Sometimes it's running out of fury, other times It's just I can't hold my own. Maybe my gear simply isn't ready ...

- 27 % crit
- 201 % crit dmg
- 6951 armor
- 876 AR (1000 physical)
- 1332 str (24k dps)
- 1371 vit (53k hp)
- 869 LoH
- 2388 LpK
- 280 LpS

I also replaced Leap with Frenzy for when I run out of fury; however I see why you chose Leap as this isn't always a reliable method to start a fight as I have to run in and smack a few mobs to kick off my sprint. Still though, using Leap instead scares me because when/if you run out of Fury and Leap is down ... you're kinda SoL.
Edited by DASBEAN#1820 on 6/25/2012 7:46 PM PDT

- 27 % crit
- 201 % crit dmg
- 6951 armor
- 876 AR (1000 physical)
- 1332 str (24k dps)
- 1371 vit (53k hp)
- 869 LoH
- 2388 LpK
- 280 LpS

Your crit chance and crit damage are both low. Your armor/ar/hp are ok, just need to work on the crit mods.

The build really hinges on being able to crit often and with dual wielding you should be able to get your crit damage up with sockets on each.
But according to the original post ... LoH > crit % and dmg? I have 2 1h's (each > 950 dps, but only one has a socket), and I had an emerald but went to amethyst after reading this post.

Yeah I'm trying to find better crit gear, but it's just hard sacrificing my existing stats, primarily my AR.
I am struggling in act 3
my stats are as follows:
45% crit chance
290% crit damage
50k health
1.77 aps
1.7k loh
17k dps
650 ar
5500 armor

If anyone could give me some advice on what to increase or change it'd be awesome. once my weapon sells should have 25mill to invest wondering if thats enough my weapons aren't that amazing.. thanks
With low levels of crit chance one will have issues with fury management. Try more crit gear, or pickup a cheap mighty weapon to see what the build can do with proper fury generation.
@xEvilReeperx : With more attack speed, the tornadoes hit more often but for the same amount of time, so the total number of hits is higher too (100% sure, checked frame-per-frame).

Just tried with 2 differents weapons :
- With 1.66 attack/s, my tornadoes hit about 15 times for a total of ~180% of my DPS stat (60%(tooltip) per second?).
- With 1.3 attack/s, my tornadoes hit about 12 times for a total of ~180% of my DPS (higher % per hit, but less hits)
(Would be best to try with a very slow and very fast weapon instead, but that's all I had right now)

It's not true for every ability (I think), but for Sprint, seems like you can replace "weapon's damage" with "DPS" in the tooltip.

It seems so, I've just verified it myself. Not very good wording on the tooltip at all. You're right, it's actually 60% DPS per second. Knowing this might bring down the DPS needed for life leech to be effective down from the stratosphere and allow me to pick up some cheap weapons. I'm excited!

06/25/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Dino
(Even if the 60% part is just a coincidence, still, say a weapon hit for 200 with 1a/s and another for 100 with 2a/s (both are 200dps weapons). Former weapon's tornadoes will hit about 10 times, and latter 20 times for half as much damage -> same total damage.)

Based on the tooltip, I was figuring that 60% of your weapon damage was dealt across 3 seconds. Daggers having low weapon damage would mean they ultimately dealt less damage. Using your example, a weapon that hit for 200 with 1a/s would hit 10 times for a total of 120 damage, and a weapon that hit for 100 with 1a/s would hit 20 times for a total of 60 damage. But that's not the case.

Glad you tested this out!

I just had another thought: if tornadoes are based on DPS rather than weapon damage, could you hose yourself with a low dps offhand after all? Checking it out now
Edit: Nope. In fact the 15% dualwield ias bonus from the 5 dps white offhand I tested with actually increased tornado damage. So yeah, total stat stick on the offhand
Edited by xEvilReeperx#1724 on 6/25/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Instead of leap, I use charge with the rune that knocks 2 seconds off cooldown for every mob hit, so I can spam it with sprint/tornadoes creating dozens of tornadoes on screen.
Butcher in ~15 sec with a build based off this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2lTT9Wuax8&feature=youtu.be
So should I be using an amethyst or emerald in my weapon?

I'm really struggling to find gear with crit dmg / crit % without losing quite a bit ... it's looking like I have to start sacrificing a lot of all resistance.
06/25/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Thicky
Instead of leap, I use charge with the rune that knocks 2 seconds off cooldown for every mob hit, so I can spam it with sprint/tornadoes creating dozens of tornadoes on screen.

Great idea! However, it's a little rough at times still not having a basic attack ... for things like breaking stuff.

Right now I'm really liking Cleave with reaping swing ... generates that last little bit of fury and provides me a good attack when/if Fury runs out.
Edited by DASBEAN#1820 on 6/25/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Hi, for tornado speed, you mentioned that it only counts the speed of the main hand. When you say that, do you mean it only account for the speed that shows on the weapon? like the 1.3? or does it account for DW and amor bonus as well? For example, my main hand has 1.30 hit per second, and IAS from other gears plus DW have about 30%, nothing from off hand, does it mean that it uses only the 1.3 or does it use 1.3 x 1.3?

Thank you.
@Dasbeen : You don't have enough LoH. I have myself 600 AR (buffed) and 37k hp but 2k LoH and it's working fine. I farm act III very easily.

You also need a lot of crit chance, 27% is very low. I can get the build going with that few, but it's harder and not perfect to begin ^^.
At the begining don't try to get too much crit damage and focus on crit chance. You need to have enough crit chance to get the infinite fury cycle starting. Crit damage help to deal more damage, but don't try to run before walking.

About the use of frenzy. I see a lot of people saying they use it. It's reassuring to have it but it does not make sense with the build.
This build is based on the fact that by sprinting you pop tornados wich grants you infinite fury. So when you use the build, you need to move all the time.

You can't move while using frenzy and therefore you can't use the build while using frenzy nor can you use frenzy when you're using the build. Frenzy and this build are completely different paradigms.

It would be interesting to have frenzy if the build were not self sufficient, but it is. It's hard to use, but it is self sufficient. Therefore using a skill slot for frenzy hinder the efficiency of the build.

Leap is very good, not just for generating fury, but mainly because of iron impact buff. But like Dino, I use this build instead : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#hUQPik!ZYb!ZZbcYc
With this build you have a chance to generate initial fury using overpower, if it crit it has a chance to proc into the fray and allow you to use sprint. If it does not proc you just have to get hit 1-3 times before you can sprint.
I agree that getting initial fury become quite a pain in the lower back, but it's not really an issue because if you manage the build well, you never run out of fury. Just keep enough fury when you finish a pack to begin an other one.

Overpower is far more effective than any other ability for two reasons. Overpower's cd can be lowered by 1 sec when you crit and since you crit all the time you can basically spam overpower and that's a lot of damage output.

The second reason is that by spaming overpower you have all the time crushing advance on and you reflect 30% of incoming damage. It is very interesting because it reduces your damage input by 30% (the damages you reflect aren't inflicted to you) and damage reflection does trigger LoH.
With that I can go CaC with some molten/desecrator/plague/fire chain and it does HEAL me.

Great idea! However, it's a little rough at times still not having a basic attack ... for things like breaking stuff.

You can use WW to break things, if you don't have fury it will do a basic attack. But I barely break stuff, neither do I kill trash mobs. With that build I just run though monsters (and I run fast with WotB and sprint) until I find an elite, I kill him, and continue spinning my way through act III.

I can kill every single elite and boss in act III in a little more than an hour. I always have fury, and I'm always under wrath of the berserker.
06/25/2012 09:17 PMPosted by MJ23
Hi, for tornado speed, you mentioned that it only counts the speed of the main hand. When you say that, do you mean it only account for the speed that shows on the weapon? like the 1.3? or does it account for DW and amor bonus as well? For example, my main hand has 1.30 hit per second, and IAS from other gears plus DW have about 30%, nothing from off hand, does it mean that it uses only the 1.3 or does it use 1.3 x 1.3?

You get all IAS bonuses (excepting any ias bonus on the offhand) applied
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]