Diablo® III

Constructive Feedback (Collaboration)

90 Gnome Warlock
First of all, I would like to state that I do thoroughly enjoy this game. I have been playing pretty much every day since launch, and I played almost every day that I was allowed to in Beta.

However, there are a few areas of this game that I feel can be made better. This is not a QQ post, and any unconstructive feedback given is not appreciated. If you see any comments that you feel are not adding valuable feedback to this discussion thread, please feel free to downvote them.

Not all of these suggestions are mine, I will do my best to update this post with as many great suggestions I can.

So without further ado, here goes.

Nephalem Valor

I've often wondered many times over, why is Nephalem Valor restricted to only level 60 characters? After getting used to doing runs on my 60, I find it doesn't feel very fun leveling a new character without it.

There's such a huge gear disparity between Normal and Inferno. So why not have Nephalem Valor start at level 10? It doesn't seem to actually hurt anything given 99% of the loot on the AH is level 60 or higher. Most of the lower level items sell very cheaply.

You could start out with 1 stack per 10 levels, so for every 10 levels, you can increase your Nephalem Valor stack by 1. This way players are rewarded with a little bit of magic find as they level up.

I for the most part don't see how this is detrimental to gameplay to have Nephalem Valor be applicable for new toons. It's the carrot on a stick if you will for motivating players to actually level. If someone really badly wanted to farm low level items they could do so on their level 60 character since Nephalem Valor isn't difficulty restricted. Letting your alts have some fun with increased loot drops just adds so much more to the experience.

If you outright don't want to give this to new players, maybe you can allow them to unlock it once they have at least one character that reaches level 60!

Nephalem Valor should probably also carry from Act to Act. It's very disheartening to clear an act with a full 5 stack the entire time only to lose it when the next act comes along.

Players would also like their Nephalem Valor bonus to apply to events to guarantee a rare for a 5 stack.

One other thing requested is to only lose 1 stack per skill switch.

New Ability Suggestion in Addition to Nephalem Valor

Nephalem Ascendance

Holding 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor for 30 minutes now gives you the buff Nephalem Ascendance. Nephalem Ascendance increases the drops of bosses and gives the player 250% additional Magic Find against Act Bosses. 1 Charge, but is restored upon killing an Act boss. does not cross acts.

Original revision by Switch.

Due to the 5 stack and 30 minute requirement, it makes bosses rewarding without making them "farmable".

Builds

In an effort to promote trying new things, why not give us a few slots to save our current build in. This way we can have 2-3 commonly used builds on the ready to swap out when we switch acts, join multiplayer games, or even if we choose to switch it up.

The skill swaps can still be affected by losing Nephalem Valor, but maybe at the cost of one stack per skill swap as mentioned above.

Gems

So the crucible is this magical artifact that combines gems right? Well why not allow us to combine 2 gems of different stats?

Let's say for instance I want a little bit of health and a main stat. Why can't I combine 2 gems of different types into one? Wizard tanks might want a little bit of Dexterity mixed into their Intelligence or Health.

Or what if I wanted a little bit of Critical Damage Increase AND some Straight up Weapon Damage. Or a little percentage based health and some Magic Find thrown in.

In order to keep gems from being to greatly overpowered, the new combined gem will harness half of the power from both gems introduced. This will keep item budgets fair across the board.

I feel this will add some much needed depth to gemming choices and hopefully make gems feel a little more versatile.

Perhaps a new gem should be added. The Diamond. The diamond can give resist all as a stat, critical hit chance when in a weapon slot, and an armor percentage boost in the helm. Of course the weapon and helm affixes can be anything we would still like to see a resist gem.

I feel we also need a queue button for the jeweler. Upgrading tons of gems en masse gets quite tiring.

Artisans

In real life a Jeweler can create sockets for jewelry and a blacksmith can repair gear. It doesn't make sense that the darling little squirt can repair my gear but Haedrig cannot.

It would be nice if a level 10 Jeweler could possibly add a socket to an item and dear old Haedrig can repair our gear at a slightly reduced rate.

Shen might also be interested in learning how to make rings and amulets. He is a Jeweler after all.

Low Level Item Sets / Items in General

High level characters won't care so much for this, but I feel it adds a lot of depth to the low level gaming experience. These sets don't even have to be legendary in quality, they can just be regular Magic items as well. These sets can have a 2 or 3 set bonus that adds something even trivial, just the fact you're completing a set makes it worthwhile for most players to look out for.

Sets don't have to go beyond 2 or 3 pieces, but this will add lots of fun depth to low level gameplay.

One other thing worthy of note is we would possibly like to see tighter rolls on items.

Somethings also need to become baseline such as movement speed on boots. You buy a new pair of kicks to help you move around better. Currently boots without runspeed are highly undesirable. If movement speed was made baseline, it might help. Also considering attack speed is baseline on ALL quivers, this would make sense to do.

Collector's Edition owners would also like a pair of Demonic Wings to go with their Angel Wings. We are half and half after all.

Magic Find Revamp

Since it appears most players aren't using this stat in their main gear, but only putting it on right before they kill something, why not disallow in combat gear switching? If a player is actively being chased, they should be considered in combat.

I feel this is really the only way you're going to curb the magic find swapping.

If the change is too detrimental to gameplay, why not institute a timer on Magic Find only when the player swaps a MF piece in. Magic find will slowly increase to its full potential maybe over the span of 5% every second. This would mean you now have to wait a full 20 seconds before your Magic Find will take full effect when you swap gear.

Then I would create a new items slot for something like a relic. Much like every quiver has Increased Attack Speed, each relic can have a certain amount of magic find. Find out a normalized amount of magic find that a player might want then add that number to the relic slots.

These relics can be class specific and include things like extra arcane damage for Wizards, or increased fury regeneration for Barbarians ect... These would be a fun way to add a little bit of flair to your character.

Followers

I know this is a stolen idea, but why not allow our followers to act as our personal butlers? We can load them up with inventory and send them off to town to buy and sell stuff for us. This would add a fantastic amount of depth to the gameplay and allow you to get rid of junk without having to go back to town.

We would also like to be able to set a offensive / defensive / passive stance for followers. It gets rather annoying when they just rush into a champion pack we're trying to avoid while trying to see what their affixes are.

Auction House

This has been said from the early stages of the Beta that we would like an in town Auctioneer. It's not really fun to make us log out of our game just to post stuff on the Auction House. I would very much like to be able to buy or sell something without leaving the game. It would be better if the auctioneer only showed up in a single player game as to prevent lollygagging, but I feel this is a much needed feature.

I'm curious, why was this never added?

Other things the players might want to see is a 4th filter option. Sometimes 3 filters just isn't enough when you're looking for something very specific. We would also like to see items filterable by item level as well as equippable level.

We would also like to be able to filter out auctions that don't have a buyout if we choose. It's really hard to find items of the lowest price when we cannot filter out those that do not have a buyout.

And on a last note, we need to be able to search by Armor / DPS on weapons and gear. Since the most important attribute on a source is its DPS, being able to sort by DPS would be a nice feature.

The ability to compare Health / Damage / Protection would also be very nice.

Durability Loss

First off, I would like to say that I fully support the changes to repairs. However, I feel it's also punishing those players who do not die.

Durability loss needs adjusted for casting spells / getting hit. There's already a huge disparity between melee and ranged, but upping the repair costs is only going to hurt melee even more in the long run. (I'm saying this as a ranged player) I think someone mentioned before it cost them 40g per action? That's really ludicrous and needs to be toned back. There's no reason we should take a huge durability loss just from casting a single spell. I feel the durability loss value needs cut in half.

UI Changes

I would love it if I could have the ability to toggle the map in the corner, or hide the quest objectives. They really get in the way when I'm trying to target something on the right of my screen. Adding this feature would greatly help in gameplay.

I would also like the ability to adjust the transparency of my chat box. Sometimes when I'm in Caldeum it's really difficult to see anything on the screen. The ability to adjust the transparency would help tremendously.

One other thing that might help is the ability to display a HUD on your character. More specifically a semi transparent bar off to the left of your character for your health, and one that mirrors it on the right for your resource. Being able to display your health and resource in the center of the screen will help tremendously.

I know this has already been suggested before and you're aware of it already, we would really love to lock our action bar so that we don't accidentally remove skill and lose our NV bonus.

The ability to customize your cursor is also worth noting. Some players would like a larger cursor, some players like me like smaller cursors. Other players also would like to change the color of the cursor. Visibility is all up to the player, and different players like different levels of visibility.

We would also like the ability to hide our UI. Similar to Alt-Z for WoW.

Combatlog Plaz!

Adding a combat log to the game would help us astronomically. I understand not allowing us to use mods in the game because a recount type addon will completely destroy the spirit of Diablo.

However, being able to look at actual numbers would be great. I would love to know how much damage I'm taking, how much I'm dishing out, and really what I can do to maximize my character.

As an avid theorycrafter this feature would be awesome!

Destructible Objects

Instead of just flat out nerfing destructible objects, why not have an internal timer that's applied whenever you kill an enemy. Let this timer last for say 2 - 5 minutes. Much like how Nephalem Valor expires, this will allow players to not be punished for destructible objects.

When this timer is applied, destructible objects will act like they did before the nerf. When the player is not actively killing monsters, destructible objects will be worthless. This way you're still encouraging the player to actually play the game.

You could even go so far as to allow NV to affect destructible objects. Since the idea behind nerfing them is to hurt botters and players that don't actually play, why not reward those who are actually playing by allowing NV to affect their chance for a Legendary to be found under that table they just broke.

Stash

Sometimes we feel like we just can't hold enough junk in our trunk. (No pun intended =P) With that being said, it would be nice to be able to add maybe a 4th tab to our stash. Right now it feels like we have to destroy / sell a lot of good items because they just can't sell quick enough to match our farming habits. Once you start farming Inferno it feels like a punishment to hold on to really good gear for alts.

With the 10 item posting limit, the turnover rate on gear just doesn't feel fast enough to directly relate to our farming pace. Adding more tabs would help this a bit.

On the flip side, might we also have a tab specifically for reagents like gems, crafting essences, potions, dyes, and pages / tomes? This might help alleviate a lot of the space concerns as holding on to gems can take up lots of space.

One other thing players would like to see is an individual 1 page stash for each character. We like holding on to loot for alts but simply can't because there's not enough space to hold all of the good farmed loot.

Massacre

It seems the motivation to go out and slay hordes of demons at the same time isn't quite lucrative for the level 60 player. When certain bonuses like Massacre are toasted, why not have them give you a small amount of gold in place of the XP they once gave? This will incite a little more risk vs reward and let those players that can completely demolish content feel like they're gaining more by doing so.

The idea behind this is to engage players in trying to take on a challenge once geared. The bonus can be small, but even small bonuses can be rewarding.

Descending into the Depths of Hell!

I have seen this suggestion too many times, and in too many places to straight up ignore it. Why not add a survivability mode into the game with an unlock similar to Whimsyshire? This would be a crack in the ground in Act I where the player can descend into the depths of an endless dungeon. The dungeon can start off soft with weak enemies, then start to get progressively harder. Each end of the dungeon can have a chest to loot with better and better rewards.

Every few levels or so you can have your gear repaired for free, and when you die you go back to the first level and start all over again.

This will add a challenge mode the franchise has never seen before. Players who have cleared Inferno might be interested in this mode for a carrot on a stick. Because let's face it, not everyone wants to keep playing their character after they beat Inferno. The RMAH isn't enough incentive to keep the players playing. If the player can progressively descend deeper and deeper into the dungeon it gives a sort of "Hardcore" feeling even softcore players might want.

You can keep a ladder tracking system on the website for those players that have descended the furthest into the dungeon along with a snapshot of their character and stats. This would actively engage the community into a little friendly competition other than PvP.

This could actually be Greed's domain if you wish. maybe even make it accessible randomly after killing a treasure goblin!?

Of course, the rewards might need tuned back slightly to prevent players from using this dungeon as a farm spot, but the ladder spots on the front page would make it worthwhile for any player with a healthy competition mindset.

The leaderboard can also be separated by class to prevent players from rolling one certain class to get the highest score. This will allow for a level playing field and hopefully maybe close the disparity gap between melee and ranged.

(This suggestion is highly rated and should be looked into)

Character Customization

Looking at the same boring character can get boring after a while. All of the characters have predetermined looks. Something as simple as changing a character's skin tone / hair / facial features can go a long way into making your character feel like your own.

Like say, a pink haired gnome with a wolverine cut and a grand old moustache.

Repair Shrines / Repair from Health Globes

With the changes to repair bills, you might also want to reward players who are actually playing the game.

In place of the experience shrines at level 60, you can replace them with repair shrines. These shrines will repair your gear by a certain percent. Let's say 25%. This way, the player doesn't feel punished for playing the game.

In addition to repair shrines, why not have health globes also have say a 1% chance to repair 25% of your gear? This will also help reward players for actually playing the game and make them very lucrative to pick up.

IT'S A TRAP!

Whatever happened to the good old ARPG's that had traps awaiting you at every turn?

Why not add a small chance for an elite to come out of a barrel?

Or even a resplendent chest might spring a freeze trap, a cloud of poisonous gas, or even contain bees?

More Details -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888809975?page=2#36

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Let's face it, I know we want the game to remain a challenge, but some affix combinations are just ugly. Nothing sucks more than to be a Wizard and see a Jailer / Fire Chains / Vortex / Fast affix combination. There's literally no escape.

What's the solution? Group affixes into select categories for inferno. The 3 categories can be as follows.
  • Offense: Plagued, Desecrator, Mortar, Arcane, Fire Chains, Horde
  • Defense: Shielding, Knockback, Nightmarish, Electrified, Vampiric, Extra Health, Health Link, Invulnerable Minions
  • Mobility: Fast, Teleport, Jailer, Vortex, Waller (I've included the ones that affect the PC's mobility as well)

The 4th ability can be chosen at random, and this will make certain affix combos that would be seemingly impossible quite possible. Less banging your head against your desk and more killing.

One other thing worthy of note, is you can give a champion pack each their own affixes on an enemy per enemy basis so that when one enemy dies there goes one ability with it. This would certainly allow players to burn down the affix that hurts them the most. (Some affixes such as fire chains and health link might pose an issue)

Enchanting

An idea for not only an additional gold sink, but also for a way to allow players to customize their gear further, a randomly generated vendor could appear that allowed the option to roll for a chance to enchant an existing item with a randomized stat. This stat can be anything even including a socket!

Gear could be rigged to support only one random affix per item. You can pay a fee to remove the affix and roll again until you get the stat that you are looking for.

When enchanted items are placed on the AH, all enchants are removed from the item.

Alchemy

Sometimes potions just aren't fun enough, why not give us the ability to add an extra stat reduction to them. For instance, why not allow us to create a potion that heals us, but also allows us to have some added resistance to either elemental damage / crowd control effects. Or even give us an ability to amplify our damage when we chug a potion. These potions will share the same cooldown as normal potions, but they'll give us an added benefit as well. This will add a little more depth to the potion system and a further gold sink to the game for min / maxers.

Public Games Player Limit

Descending into the world of Sanctuary can be fun, but it's even more fun when you play with others.

However, some people like smaller groups. We believe the players should be able to decide how many players they would like to let into their public game. Be it 2, 3, or 4 players in total, we would still like to be able to make that choice.

Story

Being that the story is written pulp style, we would like to be able to skip it at our leisure. I've played through the story about 12 -13 times now personally and I end up skipping it all anyway. We would like to see an optional auto skip feature for story dialogue and cutscenes.

Here are a few suggestions from Kripparian. Some of them sound really interesting.

While I can't say I 100% agree with his suggestions personally, I can say that the message behind them is solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwQ5aXOStQ

Here you can find Athene's feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3qrnYrlCg&feature=youtu.be

These are just a few changes that we think will make the game better in the long run.

The posting limit has been extended once again, feel free to add more suggestions as they come!

Thank you. (Updated 6/24/2012 up to post# 1698)
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 6/25/2012 11:23 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
Suggestions for PVP to keep it from failing

Itemization

Let's face it, nobody is going to want to PvP against someone who can whip out their checkbook and buy all the gear in the world. This is not fair, and should not affect the PvP experience.

So in order to fix this problem, you need to make items sets specifically for PvP content. Everyone can start off with a preselected set of gear for their class. These sets will need to be fair and balanced. Consider them like gladiator gear for the arena. You must be wearing this set of gear to PvP with. You can leave certain things like rings and amulets in place, but the weapons, and armor MUST be gladiator gear.

You can have several ranks of gladiator gear and an honor type system which is used to purchase more powerful gear. However, this gear CANNOT be more than like 20% more powerful than the base set.

Rank 1 - Gladiator (Base Set)
Rank 2 - Champion (10% more powerful than Base Set)
Rank 3 - Grand Champion (20% more powerful than Base Set)

See below for more information about rank apportioning.

Ranks 1, 2, & 3 allow the use of Gladiator Gear and above.
Ranks 4, 5, & 6 allow the use of Champion Gear and above.
Ranks 7, 8, & 9 allow the use of Grand Champion gear and above.

You must also have and maintain a minimum rating in order to wear the gear. This gear can be purchased via arena points that cap at twice the cost of the most expensive piece.

This will keep PvP fair and balanced for those who can't afford to dump their mortgage payment into a game. Leave the checkbook writers to the PvE endgame (Which isn't there currently)

I would go no more than 3 ranks deep in gear and much like WoW arena rating you should be faced off against those who are in your bracket.

Match Types

Not everyone is going to want to just have arena matches and call that PVP endgame. You'll have to have different match types to keep everyone entertained.

4v4 Arena
Capture the Flag
Resource based Conquest

There are many more match types that can be made, but there must be variety. Variety is the spice of life.

Ranking System

One other thing that PvP must have is a ranking system. This is a must. People want to feel accomplished for something, and the only way they're going to feel accomplished is if they have the much deserved title.

Players couldn't care less about shiny gear for PvP endgame, they care about flaunting their rank.

The ranking system should be at least 9 ranks deep, and apportioned correctly.

Rank 1 - 35% of the playerbase
Rank 2 - 25% of the playerbase
Rank 3 - 15% of the playerbase
Rank 4 - 10% of the playerbase
Rank 5 - 5% of the playerbase
Rank 6 - 4% of the playerbase
Rank 7 - 3% of the playerbase
Rank 8 - 2% of the playerbase
Rank 9 - 1% of the playerbase

100% in total.

This will allow players to feel like they have an eventual goal to rise in ranks. Of course the numbers do not have to be exact, but they should be approximately as stated above.

These changes must be taken into consideration for PvP to be successful... The PvP patch may make or break this game for a lot of people. PTR must be deployed for patch 1.1.0. We need to be given an opportunity to test drive the system for a few weeks.

Please do not leave 1.1.0 to internal testing.

Quote from Lylirra for easier finding.

Link to Lylirra's post. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888809975?page=6#112

First of all, I would like to state that I do thoroughly enjoy this game. I have been playing pretty much every day since launch, and I played almost every day that I was allowed to in Beta.

However, there are a few areas of this game that I feel can be made better. This is not a QQ post, and any unconstructive feedback given is not appreciated.

So without further ado, here goes.

Thank you for this compilation! While I'm unable to really comment on any of the suggested changes (save for one, below...sort of), please know that I've forwarded on this thread to our developers for review. Not only are the initial points of feedback constructive and detailed, but the ongoing discussion which has followed has been equally insightful.

If I can follow up on any of the suggestions at a later time, I will. In the meantime, please keep this discussion going. I'll definitely be reading along. :)

06/20/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Drothvader
With the changes to repair bills, you might also want to reward players who are actually playing the game.

On this point specifically, we're looking to reduce the durability hit players take from normal wear-and-tear. We agree with players and feel that characters who never die shouldn't be getting hit with a giant repair fee every couple of hours.
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 6/25/2012 12:44 AM PDT
I think these are pretty good ideas, I don't understand why we keep getting these knee jerk patches.
I also wish they would use some sort of in-game accounting to know if you are really fighting mobs and not just smashing destructible. That way, they wouldn't have to nerf all destructible objects... just adjust the drop rates from them on-the-fly if the game detects you are just skipping mobs and breaking stuff ad nauseum.
1) Focused Randomess: By this i really mean keep the idea of random properties (especially DPS) on different items, but set an upper and lower threshold based upon item level. A lot of the complaints i'm reading are in reference to "drop quality" for ilvl 61 items and higher. One thing that i thought might help is to set minimum properties to items based on level. i.e. make it to where a level 63 gold bow can't have less than 600 DPS. (just an example). That way when you get a rare and it says level 63 you have a LOT to look forward too. Just a thought. I'm also not sure what those values would be but i would base it on the values of items priced in the auction house. 600 DPS seems to be the breaking point for bows in terms of price. Everything above is pretty expensive everything below not so much...

2) Repair Shrines: Once a player reaches level 60, XP Shrines change to Repair shrines that repairs durability loss once used. In games where levels are mixed (some 60 some not) that shrine would alternate or would also show up randomly. Note: In games where only a solo level 60 is present I would assume that a Repair Shrine would show over an XP shrine every time.

3) Modifying Health Globes: Come up with a method to where health globes have a % chance to repair a % of durability loss for specific classes at different percentages. This could be a new "attribute" on armor and weapons? i.e. "+10 Repair Globes". Barbs and Monks more than DHs and Wizards (if DHs or wizards get them at all)

Just some thoughts to help mitigate but not completely remove repair costs.

NO TL;DR version sorry.

P.S. I'm a DH just so you know.
90 Gnome Warlock
I think these are pretty good ideas, I don't understand why we keep getting these knee jerk patches.
I also wish they would use some sort of in-game accounting to know if you are really fighting mobs and not just smashing destructible. That way, they wouldn't have to nerf all destructible objects... just adjust the drop rates from them on-the-fly if the game detects you are just skipping mobs and breaking stuff ad nauseum.

That's actually not a bad idea.

Most of the reasons why they nerfed jars / chests and stuff was because that's all people were doing.

However, if the game had some sort of internal timer that reset after you haven't killed something for say 2 minutes, all destructible objects would then revert back to worthless.

That would allow us to have our cake and eat it too.
90 Gnome Warlock
2) Repair Shrines: Once a player reaches level 60, XP Shrines change to Repair shrines that repairs durability loss once used. In games where levels are mixed (some 60 some not) that shrine would alternate or would also show up randomly. Note: In games where only a solo level 60 is present I would assume that a Repair Shrine would show over an XP shrine every time.

3) Modifying Health Globes: Come up with a method to where health globes have a % chance to repair a % of durability loss for specific classes at different percentages. This could be a new "attribute" on armor and weapons? i.e. "+10 Repair Globes". Barbs and Monks more than DHs and Wizards (if DHs or wizards get them at all)

Those are also fantastic ideas! Would you mind terribly if I updated the OP to include them?
As long as the ideas get heard i don't really care. Feel free.

EDIT: TBH we just really need a place where people who are trying to leave constructive criticism are actually heard. I feel like our suggestions get slammed and intermingled with bs posts with people whining with no real solution.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 6/20/2012 4:54 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
As long as the ideas get heard i don't really care. Feel free.

EDIT: TBH we just really need a place where people who are trying to leave constructive criticism are actually heard. I feel like our suggestions get slammed and intermingled with bs posts with people whining with no real solution.

That's kinda what I'm going for here. I want the Developers to know what players are suggesting, but not have to filter through pages and pages of endless crap.

I'll update the OP to add your repair suggestion, I think it's a wonderful idea!
trap barrels that spawn elites or freeze you , that way they are not worthless anymore =)
90 Gnome Warlock
Updated with Suggestions from Kord and Prisus.

If there are any more suggestions please let me know. I would love to have a place for constructive feedback about the game and how to make it better.

Not just a bunch of QQ posts about nothing that don't really do anything.
possibly a new item stat ? ex. " reduces repair cost by 12% " Also like to add that maybe they should make some legendary items "ethereal" it would definitly make them worth finding then =P
90 Gnome Warlock
06/20/2012 05:06 PMPosted by yinz
possibly a new item stat ? ex. " reduces repair cost by 12% " Also like to add that maybe they should make some legendary items "ethereal" it would definitly make them worth finding then =P

Well, they already have items that are indestructible, that is kinda the same principle. Adding a flat out reduced repair cost might make it a necessary stat just like IAS was. It might be counter intuitive.

I'm also curious as to what you mean by ethereal?
06/20/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Drothvader

Well, they already have items that are indestructible, that is kinda the same principle. Adding a flat out reduced repair cost might make it a necessary stat just like IAS was. It might be counter intuitive.

Don't you remember the ethereal items in diablo 2 ? the ethereal weapons did more damage , the armor had more defence and was just generally better then a non eth with the right stats . naturally you couldn't repair them but you would get lucky and find them with the self repair mod for example. Anyways my point is that it would be a nice little change , im a collector of those items from d2 .
For the repair shrines, it would probably be easier to make them only show up in Inferno. That's where repair cost should actually be an issue anyway, and you have to be level 60 to be there.
90 Gnome Warlock
06/20/2012 05:15 PMPosted by yinz

Don't you remember the ethereal items in diablo 2 ? the ethereal weapons did more damage , the armor had more defence and was just generally better then a non eth with the right stats . naturally you couldn't repair them but you would get lucky and find them with the self repair mod for example. Anyways my point is that it would be a nice little change , im a collector of those items from d2 .

I'm not sure how well those would do in Diablo 3. If an item can't be repaired ever it couldn't be sold on the auction house.

Also someone might be very upset if they bought an item from the RMAH that they could never repair.

They were probably not included for that reason.

I'm not sure how well those would do in Diablo 3. If an item can't be repaired ever it couldn't be sold on the auction house.

Also someone might be very upset if they bought an item from the RMAH that they could never repair.

They were probably not included for that reason.

yeah i understand where your coming from , its just sad that soo many good ideas get shot down because this game is based around RMAH . not trolling im just saying that it kinda puts its limits on this game big time
You could actually make a really interesting mechanic with ethereal and the Auction House.

Ethereal items can only be sold in the gold auction house. They can't have a buy out price (to prevent abuse). Listing automatically starts at the vendor price of the item. If they're sold, they become regular items. The seller only gets 50% of the selling price.

You get the chance of much better gear entering the playing field, you get a massive gold sink, and Blizzard gives people another good reason to look at the AH.

For those "All revolves around the RMAH" conspiracy types, there's nothing preventing these from being resold on the RMAH after they're turned into standard items - so even an evil Blizzard sees benefit.

You'd likely have to add in something like the ability to recraft an ethereal item into a regular one for some huge fee (say, 5 million gold) to prevent the "AH is everything, see??!" cries. But it could be quite interesting.
Edited by Fade#1325 on 6/20/2012 5:32 PM PDT
06/20/2012 05:30 PMPosted by yinz
yeah i understand where your coming from , its just sad that soo many good ideas get shot down because this game is based around RMAH . not trolling im just saying that it kinda puts its limits on this game big time

It seems like most of these suggestions so far have been RMAH friendly.
90 Gnome Warlock
The only thing I hate is that an actual REAL suggestion thread like this is moved to the 2nd page within seconds because of the massive amount of threads sprouting up flaming Bashiok for every little thing he says.

The man deserved enough when he put his real name on the forums when Real ID was talked about.

Anyway, back to the topic.

That might be a good suggestion for Ethereal, but I really don't think anyone would go for that at this point in the game.

It would be too much risk and no reward, those items might just end up being deemed worthless since they'll disappear.

Might be interesting to see in an expansion though.
85 Tauren Druid

Followers

I know this is a stolen idea, but why not allow our followers to act as our personal butlers? We can load them up with inventory and send them off to town to buy and sell stuff for us. This would add a fantastic amount of depth to the gameplay and allow you to get rid of junk without having to go back to town.

Come on, you can't really expect npc followers to have the abilities of a pet cat or dog, can you? That's crazy talk, they are there for the witty banter and amazingly low dps.

Nephalem Valor

I've often wondered many times over, why is Nephalem Valor restricted to only level 60 characters? After getting used to doing runs on my 60, I find it doesn't feel very fun leveling a new character without it.

There's such a huge gear disparity between Normal and Inferno. So why not have Nephalem Valor start at level 10? It doesn't seem to actually hurt anything given 99% of the loot on the AH is level 60 or higher. Most of the lower level items sell very cheaply.

I for the most part don't see how this is detrimental to gameplay to have Nephalem Valor be applicable for new toons. It's the carrot on a stick if you will for motivating players to actually level.

I feel to some degree, the intent of NV is to compensate players for no longer gaining character power by levels. If true, then it makes some sense for it to be level 60 only. One thing related to NV I would like to see, though, is if the skill lock was removed -- but more than that, they should actually encourage us to switch skills situationally, rather than punishing us for doing so.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]