Diablo® III

Constructive Feedback (Collaboration)

about the repairs, as a melee, i can get boned by combo sometimes in act 3 i die once every 2 or 3 elite packs, and i am losing money...

to counter balance it might be to make the blue items worth a little more, monster might drop more/no drop lower then 300 with 5 stacks OR have the gold drop per stack a little higher then 15( i would say 50% but that is a bit extreme) but also i need to save money to buy stuff off the AH

i will admit it isn't a perfect idea but it would lower the reward from trying to just zerg packs down it would still hurt dieing and trying to zerg elite packs would still be a net lose
I just had an idea.

Maybe it's been said before, but there's little motivation to use 2 handed weapons, especially at end game. I, for one, used to have a 2 handed weapon on my barbarian, but as soon as I got to hell, I quickly discovered that was far less efficient than the sword and board. I think there's three reasons for that: A- 2 handers can't really compete in damage output, off hand items add plenty of dps, even shields can outdo them with just crit chance/damage. B- 2 handers leave you with less total affixes possible. C- End game forces a heavy focus on defense for melee classes especially, and 2 handers are obviously lacking in defense.

I don't know that this can be fixed without tipping the scale too far in favor of 2 handers, but I have a few basic ideas.

- Give 2 handers a static defense boost of some kind. Maybe just armor, maybe block chance, whatever works.

- Increase the total possible affixes on 2 handers

- Give them some exclusive affixes

- Give the affixes higher potential than 1 handers

- Maybe just buff their damage straight up. Not terribly creative, but as far as i know it might work out.

Just basic suggestions, but the best I could come up with.
90 Gnome Warlock
Quoting myself, since I'm self-centered, and I think this part got missed. Naturally, I think it's important, because I wrote it after all =)
Edit:
One other idea I had was about socketing. I think an *extremely* limited way of adding sockets to items would be neat. The other day I was thinking of the LoD quest that, as a reward, allowed a socket to be added to an item. LoD didn't allow replaying quests, so this amounted to three sockets added per character. Since stashes are shared, quests are repeatable, and there's a total of four difficulties, something only accessible in Hell and beyond (or even Inferno and beyond) would allow players to add a socket to that absolutely fantastic ilvl63 weapon they found and never intend to sell, without things getting completely out-of-hand.

I think you accidentally deleted your own post. =P

Adding a socket to an item is a worthy suggestion. If you can suggest how it may be done in Diablo 3 I would be more than happy to include it in the OP.

For everyone else just reading, keep in mind I'm trying to add new suggestions that aren't already specifically known about by the moderating community.

Suggestions for lowering the repair costs, redacting the 1.0.3 changes, and calling for employees to be fired isn't going to get included.

I do appreciate the positive feedback in the thread though, keep the suggestions rolling!
90 Gnome Warlock
about the repairs, as a melee, i can get boned by combo sometimes in act 3 i die once every 2 or 3 elite packs, and i am losing money...

to counter balance it might be to make the blue items worth a little more, monster might drop more/no drop lower then 300 with 5 stacks OR have the gold drop per stack a little higher then 15( i would say 50% but that is a bit extreme) but also i need to save money to buy stuff off the AH

i will admit it isn't a perfect idea but it would lower the reward from trying to just zerg packs down it would still hurt dieing and trying to zerg elite packs would still be a net lose

How would you feel if there were shrines in the world that repaired your gear or Health Globes had a small chance to repair a small portion of your durability loss?

Repair Shrines / Repair from Health Globes

With the changes to repair bills, you might also want to reward players who are actually playing the game.

In place of the experience shrines at level 60, you can replace them with repair shrines. These shrines will repair your gear by a certain percent. Let's say 25%. This way, the player doesn't feel punished for playing the game.

In addition to repair shrines, why not have health globes also have say a 1% chance to repair 25% of your gear? This will also help reward players for actually playing the game and make them very lucrative to pick up.
As an adendum, I died twice in inferno act 1 today while farming a little. Caught by surprise once nailed them to nearly nothing. Then... I died, I slipped. I was like "damn 7k gone that's been half an hour of farming" But ran back a short way... got hit hard by them and this time without my cd (didn't expect to need it) but... they had fully healed.

2 deaths... killed my entire hour of farming.

No, i dont have a ton of GF or MF gear. Havent had a lot of time to collect it, and with no gold i cant get it off the ah. As a good game player, and an intelligent person I feel this is unfair.I am a casual player, but not an idiot. I am a good player as well.
I just had an idea.

I don't know that this can be fixed without tipping the scale too far in favor of 2 handers, but I have a few basic ideas.

- Give 2 handers a static defense boost of some kind. Maybe just armor, maybe block chance, whatever works.

- Increase the total possible affixes on 2 handers

- Give them some exclusive affixes

- Give the affixes higher potential than 1 handers

- Maybe just buff their damage straight up. Not terribly creative, but as far as i know it might work out.

Just basic suggestions, but the best I could come up with.

There's already a pretty strong motivation for people that get the math- the one-hit ability you get from large damage range 2-handers makes some moves very powerful. Lashing Tail Kick, Meteor, Way of Light, things like that.

I'm not sure it breaks even though, since you're losing an entire item slot to get that. Higher rolling affixes, or unique affixes is a great idea.
To the community manager who made all those replies today, particularly about the repair cost change, I feel like you missed a major point that people have about the high cost of the repair changes.

I feel like there is very low incentive for progression. Before the change, I was progressing in Act 3, learning the inferno affix fights (theyre a lot harder), et cetera. Okay yeah I died a lot but it wasn't a case of throwing myself at the the elite packs in my opinion. It was learning. And learning involved making A LOT of said mistakes.

When I logged into 1.03 it was ridiculous. Spending 500k gold in a few hours while trying to progress (and by the way dealing with serious mechanics problems with the monk class which are not the point of this post but might be relevant as a secondary point) was a real wake up call. I wound up going back to Act 2 which really isn't fun anymore because I absolutely slaughter it. As in I completed the entire act and had to full repair twice. One of those full repairs came against one particularly bad champion affix combination for my class. The other came because afriend of mine hadn't done belial inferno yet, so I died a bunch while he learned how much harder the last phase is.

I agree with you that body zerging the bosses probably isn't the best way to handle the game, but [respectfully] I think you guys have the costs so high progressing is prohibitive until you overpower the content.
I stopped reading after saying you want gear switching to be removed
To the OP: Short and simple, please read and add:

More than 3 search parameters for AH searching

Longer version:

how many times have you been searching through AH with just the 3 parameters, looking for that 4th or 5th, even possibly 6th parameter, to find the right item. seriously this would be a huge time saver.
This is how you construct your criticisms. Hats off to TC for setting the example.
i wouldn't mind them but if health globes repaired, it have to be a pretty low amount because after a while the point of durability would be useless. after a death get a bunch of health globes then you are back at full. as a barb you get a skill that increases the chance to get globes sort of unbalancing it from others

with a repair shrine when you got low on durability just run around a level and find one or have a note pad with where you saw one last then go back, sorta defeating the purpose of the repairs being a money sink

granted with both being a low chance of either getting the repair from globes, although i do get a ton of them just from fighting, or the low chance for the repair shrine would help to counter it, still defeats the purpose of the increased repair cost
90 Gnome Warlock
As an adendum, I died twice in inferno act 1 today while farming a little. Caught by surprise once nailed them to nearly nothing. Then... I died, I slipped. I was like "damn 7k gone that's been half an hour of farming" But ran back a short way... got hit hard by them and this time without my cd (didn't expect to need it) but... they had fully healed.

2 deaths... killed my entire hour of farming.

No, i dont have a ton of GF or MF gear. Havent had a lot of time to collect it, and with no gold i cant get it off the ah. As a good game player, and an intelligent person I feel this is unfair.I am a casual player, but not an idiot. I am a good player as well.

I'm curious to know what your gear looks like. My Wizard is wearing an odd mix of low / high level items and my repair bills are never in excess of 16k in the yellow. I can also clear all of Act I quite easily without much effort.

I also normally see between 600 - 1200 gold per pile.

Sorry if I'm coming off as offensive, I do realize that I'm a ranged class and the game is significantly easier for ranged.

I'm not disagreeing that repair bills are a little excessive, but you might have been a little more broken then you were going in.
Spending salvage mats at the blacksmith to repair is a thought I just had- would provide an alternative to gold and add a new mechanic.
06/20/2012 11:49 PMPosted by MDuh

Because you think one single idea was dumb... Patience is a virtue.

I want to keep this thread alive damnit. Just to spite all these "aren't you thankful!?" spam threads and whatnot.
90 Gnome Warlock
i wouldn't mind them but if health globes repaired, it have to be a pretty low amount because after a while the point of durability would be useless. after a death get a bunch of health globes then you are back at full. as a barb you get a skill that increases the chance to get globes sort of unbalancing it from others

with a repair shrine when you got low on durability just run around a level and find one or have a note pad with where you saw one last then go back, sorta defeating the purpose of the repairs being a money sink

granted with both being a low chance of either getting the repair from globes, although i do get a ton of them just from fighting, or the low chance for the repair shrine would help to counter it, still defeats the purpose of the increased repair cost

I wouldn't suggest that every single health globe repair, however if they had a small say 1% chance to repair a small portion it would help tremendously.

Also having repair shrines throughout the world that repaired by 25% would reward players for actually clearing content.

I'm more or less advocating for a reward system for those who can clear the content. Not really to punish those who are trying to play legitimately.
90 Gnome Warlock
06/20/2012 11:49 PMPosted by MDuh

It's a broken mechanic that needs addressed properly...

Switching your gear nearing the end of a fight is not intended gameplay. It feels like a borderline exploit.

I'm glad you took the time to read the post though... appreciate it...
yea, that is why i had the suggestion as people zerging it would still get health globes and able to find the shrines, but getting a little more money(blues, and drops) means if you can actually kill the content then you are making money other wise you are losing money and should not actually be there
I think that they can easily put breakable items back into the mix with one simple fix:

Every 25 breakables broken, without killing a mob, gives you a debuff in which you gain nothing from continuing to loot only those AND chests/graves/racks. The debuff lasts for 15-20 minutes, or until you take down a champion pack.

So, if you can break 24 urns and kill some monsters, you don't receive the debuff. This will help curb botters for a little while. People who want to exploit the game always will. There will never be a hard fix for this, unless it hurts the actual playing player population.
I think damage due to normal wear and tear should be removed if they want to keep the current repair costs. That way only deaths are punished and not melee who take longer to kill things and get hit more often.

For the magic find issue why not just put a cap on MF through gear and bring back it's ability to affect all objects. The only way to get higher than the cap would be through NV stacks. Maybe the NV stacks overwrite the gear values so if you are killing elite packs you don't need to worry about MF gear at all - would take out the need to swap.
Just a brief Idea with Nephalem Valor stacks.

Given that some extremely difficult affixes can be overcome by changing one skill or passive and given the level of difficulty inferno presents to the average player my idea is a simple one.

Changing one skill removes one Nephalem Valor from your stack and reduces the timer by five minutes

Changing a second skill before killing an elite/champ mob/pack removes another Nephalem Valor from your stack

Changing a third skill before killing an elite/champ mob/pack reduces your Neph Valor by two and reduces the timer by a further five minutes

Example:
My Barb Gundar builds a five stack and then runs into an invulnerable/horde/descrator/arcane that he has no hope of getting through with his all day damage set-up because he needs something that can do alot of damage quickly to down the champ.

So I switch out Gundars Overpower for Weapon throw w/ Dread Bomb.

My stack is reduced to four and I lose minutes from my timer, however I am now able to progress through the content and build my stack back to five through destroying this mob thats been giving me trouble.

But giggity Dread Bomb doesn't do crap against the fact that I'm getting pinged by Descration pools constantly, so I switch out his furious charge for Ignore Pain. My Neph Stack is now down to 3 and I've lost five minutes from my timer.

Bugger me I need a quick way to get out of these descration pools. . .so lastly I change my Battle Rage for Leap with Iron Impact losing a further two Nephalem Valor and reducing my timer a further five minutes. I've got 1 left on my Neph Stack and my timers been reduced by a total of ten minutes.

The reason I make this suggestion is simple: Not everyones a Pro at this game, nor does everyone have the time to commit to hundreds of in game hours matched by AH watching.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]