Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

So the drop rates are increased....but.....

•Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

•Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

•Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time

•Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Pretty much says it all.......
All elites gain 1 guaranteed yellow

Bosses lose 1 guaranteed yellow

Problem?
rare items when slain*
magic is blue.
Kill mobs, that's where the drops will come from, like they said we should do months before release.
26 Tauren Warrior
I think the change was needed, I was getting more loot per second before the change now I only get an item per minute.

Problem?

Problem: it used to be 2 guaranteed from a boss.

Problem?

Problem: it used to be 2 guaranteed from a boss.

i'd rather get 1 every elite pack I kill.
it was a massive two-sided nerf.

MF is now close to useless. No more drops from objects.

But hey monsters are dropping more gear? Too bad its level 51-59 gear. The "guarantee" rares from champ packs will drop you level 55 yellows now.

I'ts called deception by numbers.

You guys exaggerate so damn much.

We ran A1 twice last night doing about 15 elite packs and butcher both times. 3 man. We ALL ended up with at least 5-7 iLvL63 items, a decent number of iLvl62 and 61 and a TON of 60.

A RNG bad experience doesn't mean the game is broken.
1 per pack is nice, but why remove drops from an end game boss? Many will say that the bosses are easier than packs, but its not true. There is also the issue of that 1 yellow from each pack being a crappy lvl 51.
Community Manager
(Thank you for all the constructive feedback in this thread! There are a lot of good points and suggestions that I will be bringing to our developers for consideration.)

-----

I think you're asking why we made the following changes, so that's what I'm going to attempt to answer for you. (If that's not why you made this post, please let me know.)

06/20/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Slevnin
Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

Also, keep in mind the following:
  • Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

-----

(Click here for next "Blizz" post.)
Edited by Lylirra on 6/20/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Why are you judging what is fun to us. You doing this has caused the game to dramatically change. Peoples gear is garbage now, peoples spent hours and money is garbage now. This feels more like a MMO BETA than an actual ARPG. Here is a hint. Stop changing the game and we wont rage like we are.
I take it the 5 stack extra rare is to combat some of the exploits where people are fighting rare/elite packs on steps and not getting hit?
90 Human Warrior
I think you're asking why we made the following changes, so that's what I'm going to attempt to answer for you. (If that's not why you made this post, please let me know.)

Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

Also, keep in mind the following:
  • Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

Taking away the magics for quest elites is fine, but when you have 5 stacks of NV you should get something garenteed from them, like the two magic items or 1 rare. Theres no point in redoing quests without this because the quest minibosses drop junk as it is, even more now in 1.0.3
I remember the old days where you would buy a game, and it pretty much stayed the same through the life of it. Now you have your hands in everything, changing everything, just leave it alone.. why is that so hard... oh wait i know why.. because you implemented the RMAH and this interferes with profits for you... i almost forgot that one..
I was doing act 2 inferno for the first time today thanks to the patch 1.0.3 and i was getting ALL KINDS OF AWESOME loot! I got IK Gloves, some nice shoulders, (ilvl63)

These changes are working great for me so far! Thank you!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]