Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

What a pathetic answer, deciding what's fun or wow fun. o yar, Loads of monehhhh :D
06/20/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Sindrà
Please don't make your one arbitrary play style mandatory and suck the life out of a game that could be viable for years to come.

You're kidding, right? Killing demons in a Diablo game is not an "arbitrary" play style, it's the entire freaking game. Don't fool yourself into thinking you were "playing how you wanted to", you were farming gear through the path of least resistance trying to gear up as easily and quickly as possible. If you're surprised that Blizzard decided destructible farming shouldn't be a main source of loot, I don't even know what to tell you.

I only regret that they had to make such a change to the basic function of the game that negatively impacts players that were actually playing the game and not looking for the easy way out.
I think the main problem here is your philosophy. You want us to play the game the way you decide, not the way that we want. When you preach about choice, this seems to be a silly way to go about giving someone options.

The people carrying around MF had to go back to town more often, risked mixing up and salvaging gear, etc. There were already built in reasons NOT to do that. The people who did it enjoyed it, and plenty of us merrily went about our business and only broke out the MF for resplendents.

It also provided another set of gear to farm, buy, and sell. Why would you go removing that when you are selling a game based on the farming, buying, and selling of items?
I really think the whole idea of a "magic find gear set", and a "magic find swap" needs to be removed from the game. It just invites 3rd party tools to do the swapping and makes no fantasy sense. Hold on dear monster, don't die I need to change my chest plate. swap swap swap, okay die now.

Instead of a 1% chance for a vase to drop loot, instead make it 50%, and remove 98% of all vases from the game. Right now, with the way repair costs are setup, its almost a penalty to accidently shoot these.

Also, remove half of the weapon racks, and then increase the drop rate of the ones that remain.

Make chest loot dependent on NV stacks?
I think I'll just leave the playing of the game to Blizzard, they seem to know what I consider fun more than I do myself.

Hilarious.
I don't care what you think is fun. Before this patch came out I wasn't going around and just opening chests but it was nice to know that if I didn't feel like killing elites that I could do that.

I don;t think it's fun the only way to farm now is to kill every elite pack in an act and repeat. So are you going to do something about that?

Killing elite's is going to get boring to so what happens then answer me that ?
90 Troll Death Knight
06/20/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

Lylirra, with all due respect (and I honestly mean that, of everyone at Blizzard I respect you and Nethaera the most because your both upfront and honest) maybe it is time to let the players decide what is fun for them. You know, kind of like "to each his own".

Some people may actually enjoy changing out gear while others will find it a hassle and decide it isn't worth the trouble. Either way it should be left to the player to decide, then we wouldn't be having some of the community outcries we are currently experiencing.
I love the title of this thread. "Drop Rates increased"........................... The only drop rates that seem to have been increased were the level 50 rares. IL 63 is so scarce now that after yesterdays experience I haven't been able to bring myself to play act 3 or 4 today. I would like to see this issue fixed or at least addressed with some kind of reasoning. It was my understanding that we were going to get a small increase in IL 63 rares which I felt was not necessary but no big deal. After the patch hit I found myself getting about 10-15% of the IL 63 rares that i would normally get. Instead of running 5 stack boss runs I was killing 10-15 elite packs per run. I was seeing an increase in rares but the increase was in the level 50 rares which none of us are interested in. I usually don't bother posting unless the issues are outrageous and this issue seems to be extremely outrageous.
Lylirra,

Has blizzard considered having your stacks go poof when you switch a piece of gear out?

It would be a solution in my opinion, this way. You are bound to your gear + skills until you join a new game. I don't see the issue with it, it is a solution to the problem.. yet, people will always complain.
Grinding for hours and getting lv55 hand crossbows is really fun.
Shoulda kept the original D2 creators.... Now on to Torchlight 2, they are probably ROFLing right now at your huge mess up.
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

With all due respect, I HAVE to comment on this. Please read this and pass it along, because I believe this is at the core of the problem a lot of your customers are having with your handling of this game.

You, Blizzard, are NOT the ones who should decide what is or isn't fun for the people playing your games! The people playing the game can do that very well on their own. What you should do is pay attention when a swarm of people come to you with the exact same problem/bug/situation that is causing them to NOT have fun and then fix that! I can assure you, smashing pots and swapping gear for resplendent chests wasn't exactly a gas, but it wasn't "not fun," and often times the rewards gained for doing so caused quite a bit of excitement (translation: instant fun!).

If you think these methods of play are breaking the game, that's one thing. With all the exploiting that went on early on and the massive flooding of the AH with top tier items that resulted I find it hard to believe that this sort of thing was breaking the game, but that is your decision to make. What you shouldn't do, in my opinion, is base sweeping game changes on what you, the company, perceive as fun or not fun for the players. Unless you have received massive feedback from the player base indicating such, it should not factor into your decision.

The fact remains that a lot of the changes made since release feel to the players like we are being forced into playing the game the way you want us to, rather than the way we want to. Again, more often than not, the ways that we find to play games are those ways that we find most appealing, and when we are forced to adapt to some new set of rules that force us to change that play style, we get frustrated. I really do hope you understand that what I'm saying here is not intended as a slight or any sign of disrespect, but I also hope that you realize how much gamers just want to play the way they want to play.
Edited by Brutal#1869 on 6/20/2012 3:14 PM PDT
Answer to MF gear swapping- Disable right click equips.

Done, wheres my paycheck
85 Orc Warrior
I don't know why everyone is !@#$%ing, I still farm act 3 and stuff, I run with about 280 MF with my gear on constantly. I regularly get 3 rares from packs, picked up a 1400 dps 2her among some other goodies. This is not wow where you are to expect instant gratification, so stop with all this entitlement ^-*!. If you are dying too much, then maybe you should not be in that act trying to kill things that outgear you. People that actually played D2 legit with no cheating, it was like an act of God if you ever saw a high level rune much less legendaries. I for one am happy with these changes, melee can actually play the game now, and there isn't like 100000 DH cheating their way to endgame; now we all have to sit back and figure out builds and gear and stats in order to progress.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]