Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would suggest, since the amount of gold and magic drops from the environment has decreased, the amount to repair armor should not be as greatly increased. Maybe even boost what we get out of treasure chests, especially if they are guarded by elites.

It makes it much harder to progress in the game if we have to pay more for armor repair (and I'm not talking about death damage to armor - just wear and tear on it from sustaining hits) and we are now finding less items to generate gold.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Edited by Kinchie#1523 on 6/20/2012 3:04 PM PDT
90 Goblin Priest

Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Ultimately, we think... open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient.

Also they would like to make you pay ~100g a barrel in repair costs. do not believe me go check your self. This isnt a MMORPG if a player enjoys smashing every Barrel and vase in hopes of finding a rare or legendary they should have that right and chance too. Removing that hurts the feel of diablo, heck it doenst feel like diablo anymore, more like world of champion packs.
Edited by fish25#1316 on 6/20/2012 2:52 PM PDT
Lol.. "We don't think it's that fun" "We"

So once again, Blizzards interpretation of fun is reflected in what some people would want.

I don't think half the things that Blizzard stats as not fun to be, not fun.
Edited by IsThatOkay#1373 on 6/20/2012 2:52 PM PDT
A blue post trying to explain why it's a good idea to strip the spirit of diablo from a diablo game.

I don't think you guys "get" it. I really don't.
so, Blizzard. I know your servers are run on potato's, as we have all witnessed. but did your brains get replaced with them too somewhere along the way? i mean, Diablo 3 was a grind at first, and it's worse now. Those who are pushing through Acts in inferno aren't earning money anymore, because it all gets stuck on repair bills.

as someone said above, who the hell gives you the right to judge what is fun to us? If you were actually listening to anyone instead of getting on all fours and readying yourself for further penetration by Activisions money making schemes, you would actually have a game that people enjoy for more than a month after it's release date.

Warcraft turned into a pile of mush after you did god knows what, maybe that's when the potato transplant happened and suddenly everyone was running around just randomly smashing their heads off of walls hoping that a brain cell with some sort of great idea would fall out. Yup, chances are i'll get told i'm just whining, and pfft, Blizzard read these forums and take what people say seriously? HAH! that will be the day. It hasn't happened for 4 years, so why the hell would it start now.

Kudo's to Slevnin. More people need to speak out or change will never happen.
dont want us to do this, dont want us to do that.

this is not an mmorpg game.

diablo 2 was play how you want to play and have fun.

youre making diablo 3 to be so linear and play how you think it will be fun. but guess what? its not. my friendslist is completely empty with offline people. good job 1.03
Breaking all of those objects and finding stuff was VERY fun for me.

I only had about %63 MF. I didn't carry other gear...

Because of this change I no longer play because it is no longer as fun as it was.
10 Tauren Warrior
Just a reminder.

04/04/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Bashiok
Our item pool philosophy is that you can break an urn and get the best item in the game - it's all a matter of chance. Running more difficult areas and taking on more difficult enemies will not always be the most efficient way to find upgrades.
Blizzard, judging what is and isnt fun, despite not even playing their own damned game, as usual...

I remember in WoW there were devs who played and were @ level cap.

How many developers actually play this game at an inferno level? Are there any at all? Honest answer please. I don't like the fact that you think you can dictate what is and isn't fun without referring to the community more than you do your own need to generate income (More loot for players = RMAH prices get driven down, we're not stupid).

-Looting environment with MF isn't fun.
-Dodging attacks isn't fun

^ Two rediculous blue posts I've seen so far that have horrid logic behind them. So what is fun? Running around to find that every single environmental object is useless to loot, and getting one-shotted but mobs that aren't even on your screen? Please, show us your typical response of completely ignoring a logical argument.
85 Tauren Druid
06/20/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient.

While I understand this, why not put a cooldown on mf taking effect or something like that, not make me stop clicking things because its a waste of time.
That's fine what YOU think is fun for not.

Your PLAYER base thinks it was fun, that should take precedence.

You make games that are supposed to be FUN from the player's perspective, not yours.

Same thing with how an author is to write a story that is entertaining to the reader, not the author.

l2design
I think you're asking why we made the following changes, so that's what I'm going to attempt to answer for you. (If that's not why you made this post, please let me know.)

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

Also, keep in mind the following:
  • Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

'
Tell whoever you report to this - Don't f'ing tell me how to play a game solely so you can make a profit. If I want to run and smash vases for 3 hours, it's my right. If I want to go kill something, then I will. Period. What you "think" is fun doesn't matter, give us the options and WE will decide what WE think is fun. Not what you dictate as fun.

/Rant
Hi Lylirra,

I understand why MF was nerfed. I don't understand how players can do stuff like clear a level, go back to town to swap in MF gear and then go back and open all the chests...of COURSE it's going to get nerfed then.

Although I do think the current nerf is a bit too much for us players who...you know...actually don't try to exploit the game.

It could be something along the lines of the NV mechanic but instead of swapping out skills and losing your valor, if you swap out eq (with eq having higher MF values...I swap out bows all the time based on the monsters I'm fighting...side note a weapon switch button would rock) you lose the MF bonus on areas that were visited in that game.

Of course, the areas visited would have to be a global variable...otherwise you could just have 1 player clear and another player loot.

Just a thought. And triple boo goes out to those exploiters! Instead of Blizzard using their time to include fun and new things in the game...much of it is spent fighting all the BS...sigh.

Keep up the good work! (oh and sorry last side note...I noticed crafting a radient square emerald costed me 150k last night...weird.)
I think you're asking why we made the following changes, so that's what I'm going to attempt to answer for you. (If that's not why you made this post, please let me know.)

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

Also, keep in mind the following:
  • Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

Hey, community manager, how about reading this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889189537?page=1 it's all what you need to fix the game. stop ignoring the major trending topics in the forums.
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient.

I guess I have a problem with this line of thinking, really. I don't really want the game to make those determinations for me. If I think the funnest thing to do is run around with magic find gear and swapping equipment to click on weapon racks, why can't I do that?

Now, I don't actually feel this way, but every time there is a change made that removes something from the game, I think that is bad. I think from a player's perspective it feels like we've all been dumped in a giant room full of toys, and every time we go pick up or play with the wrong one, it disappears.

Right now it feels like the *only* thing left to do with any kind of reward is roam around looking for elite packs and killing them. I don't have a problem with that idea, Nephalem's Valor or any of the logic behind it. In fact I was excited to hear about these new concepts coming in D3. More ways to find loot! Fun! What disappointed me though, is that is starting to feel like the only thing to do in Diablo 3.
oh, and btw, Torchlight 2 is released next month. I seriously recommend buying that and uninstalling Diablo 3, why? Because it is more like Diablo than Diablo 3 will ever be.
I think the big thing people want to know is not the MF issue, but why Ilvl 61-63 item drop rates are about 1/10 of what they were prior to this patch.

Aside from that on the off chance that the CM is actually reading this for some reason, I'd like to suggest making weapon racks, chests, but MAINLY resplendent chests work with your NV buff in some way, maybe let them get your NV MF, or increase their drops if you're at 5 stacks, or let resplendent chests at least guarantee a rare with 5 stacks, or let resplendent chests use your full MF if you're at 5 stacks, something to make them not useless, but discourage only farming chests. As it is right now people who normally clear things are punished by it too since there's no carrot of "oh maybe a resplendent chest will spawn in this dungeon" since with it having 0 mf you know it won't drop anything worth picking up.

Why don't you let the player decide what's fun and how to play?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]