Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

I think this game is more of a trading game than any type of RPG.
It was cool that people would use ebay to trade D2 items ( I never did, but it was cool).
It's lame when this game is designed around that concept.
All your decisions appear to be based on how they will affect the market.
That's weak.
I want to play and have fun, I don't want you to decide what is fun for me.
Lame...
85 Night Elf Druid
It has made it not seem worth it to bother with Whimseyshire. Why make it so expensive to make the staff (as well as running after the original mats) if the reward will be cut down so much? Now the only point is to get the feat of strength, if you care for that.
Lylirra, Do you how rediculous you sound
90 Human Death Knight
06/20/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Lostform
We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both).

When those shiny clicky things don't drop anything, there's still no reason to do both. You may as well have made them not shiny or clicky anymore; they're just environmental set pieces at this point.

You can't take away our options on how to play the game and have it remain "fun."
100 Tauren Hunter
06/20/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

I would like to ask this. Is Diablo 3 based on the AH.

If not, then isn't there a problem with the item generation?

My g/f and I have been farming Hell Acts III/IV as well as Inferno Act I just to get better gear for about 2 weeks now. We are doing this to progress through inferno, because our current gear won't get us through Act I completely. We each have maybe one item that is Ilvl 60 or higher. Rest is all Ilvl in mid 50's and some even ilvl 4x's that we can't seem to find upgrades for. I am getting seriously discouraged going through all this farming and nearly everything I find be vendor trash. I am not saying everything should be awesome gear, but to find a lvl 61 item and it not even be remotely close to replacing the ilvl 48 item you have currently seems a bit too random. I think this system is geared towards forcing people to have to use the AH in order to get better gear.
The change I would make about MF and chests, is making it so the MF from the NV buff affects chests, so that if you have 5 stacks, you'll have 75% increased MF when you open chests. That would encourage people to kill elites before opening chests and having higher chance of getting loots.

An another idea is to make it so that when you reach 5 stacks, your magic find gear applies to all chest. This will prevent people from going into higher acts where they cannot survive, and let people who can actually farm act 3-4 use their MF gear and have higher chance of getting loots.

Also, please do something about the reduced drop chances from act3-4. Specially act 4 since there is no benefit from farming a harder act to get a bunch of low lvl items. Since the patch, I've been farming half the act of act 3 for hours and I probably got 5 lvl 63s and hundreds of low level items.

Finally, about monsters healing up instantly, is it a bug or intended? Because some elites reset really fast and makes it sometimes impossible to kill them, while other packs, ( Succubus' I noticed ) Can take up to more than 20 seconds to reset back.

I hope this get seen, please improve this patch!
I think you're asking why we made the following changes, so that's what I'm going to attempt to answer for you. (If that's not why you made this post, please let me know.)

Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

Also, keep in mind the following:
  • Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

So basically if you have MF gear just throw it in the trash? Gotcha.
You know what's not fun? Getting a level 50 item in act 4 inferno. /wrists seriously?
I think you're asking why we made the following changes, so that's what I'm going to attempt to answer for you. (If that's not why you made this post, please let me know.)

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

• Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Ok, hang on. Hear me out. If it's not very fun for that to happen... then why was it happening? Why were people doing it? Were people doing it but saying "Oh how I wish Blizzard didn't make me change gear to break containers every five seconds!"

No. People who were breaking containers to farm were doing it to farm in hopes that they get exciting loot. No one was forced into doing this insane practice that you claim "isn't fun." Why don't you let PLAYERS decide what is fun and let them do it? As it is now, the game looks like a top-down dictation of telling players how to play, and I was under the impression that the designers wanted the opposite of this. I always heard that they didn't want there to be 1 "must have" stat, not only 1 "viable" build and that you could do anything you wanted to have fun. Well, now all I ever hear from Blues is about "balance" and making changes to make the game "fun."

Instead of changing things that are fun for some people, maybe you can add opportunities for fun for those who aren't having fun with an aspect of the game without diminishing some players' experiences. Every patch has tried to "fix" balance issues that supposedly "weren't fun," and I'm tired of being told how to play this video game. It seems like every time you all notice a lot of players doing something, you nerf it.
Just a reminder.

Our item pool philosophy is that you can break an urn and get the best item in the game - it's all a matter of chance. Running more difficult areas and taking on more difficult enemies will not always be the most efficient way to find upgrades.

They were probably just drunk when they said that like everything else they say.
Nice seeing 30k+ repairs after a few deaths vs some hilariously fun elite packs.
"They want you to get items by killing bad guys, not busting open vases and blowing up beds. This is a shocking development."

No, they want you to BUY the items.
Not only shocking, but disgusting as well
Edited by ZyngreZu#1579 on 6/20/2012 2:56 PM PDT

You say we made changes like you have a say or any experience in the game development department your just a

You say we like you have anything to do with this game other then passing on the words of your boss.
It's not all that fun to run around and smash things..but it's in the game so ill do it...remove it from the game if it's "not the direction you were intending".. Not that hard to do..then people won't complain cause It won't be there..

I don't think the devs of D3 can comment on things being "fun" to the players. Such poor design decisions were made because of what they think is fun for us, such as the hits being unable to be dodged.

Ok, so the minority of players who were doing this (and probably the farmers as well) are cause to bring about the worthlessness of breaking things, opening things and, until you get a full mef stack, killing things? I have never done this, never took advantage of exploits, nor attempted to find ways to 'walk through inferno.'

So, why am I being punished for it?

One solution to the problem? Take away a stack of Nef Valor (or two, or even all) when a 60 changes out gear. After all, drop rates are so terrible that no 50 should be swapping out gear more than once a run anyway....

Also, as an aside, will that blog post be going over the other changes as well, or merely trying to ease the blow from the radical changes which happened?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]