Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

85 Human Priest
Regarding Magic Find..I have to agree with most....if i spend so much time gearing all my char..with MF>. there should be a reason for it..don t dismiss it.. and give it no purpose..it s my time spent on the AH and my strategy..I even thought for once,, you had a good idea to get folks to spend time on your frakin AH...Now i feel like all those nights..strategizin.. Analizinnn.. is for Frakin ..Nada..! I DO NOT MIND if it s Harder..against elites and Bosses..with MF>.on..that s the freakin point..that s how you ll get to have folks buying both types of equipment..those that want easy will get stats..to enhance their abilites..those who want a better chance at something better..will have a challenge on their hands..and will have to play more and spend more time on AH..to make it easier...on themselves..Isn t that the point of the game.. if everyone is equal... what s the purpose of the game..it s turning into a low version of torchlight..or a web based flash game.... Furthermore..,,, what s with you deciding about objects...I love destroying objects..because i love " Special Fraking Effects on all my Char... according to what i choose..Now that is fun..if i can use it at will..because YOU guys made it fun to use..but.. hardly worth it..now if you decide we can t Enjoy the specatcle..cause we don t get nothing.or rarely anyting while having fun using.it....who cares..about monsters..if someone likes other things..to do.!!! What if it s late..and we want to slow the pace or we are getting drunk one night..it d be nice then to still play in that way not having Blizz..telling us..""" oh nooo nooo nooo.." you have to be focused all the time as you can NOW only get stuff..while fighting a mob of monsters..""" doh!... Blizz..are you Freaking kidding me right now>>>>????.. am about to cancell..both wow and Diablo..too many good games that can compete with blizz nowdays..unlike in the past.... and am not saying this lightly either..there has to be rewards for our time spent in AH.. and Strategizing on gear.....i ve been playing games since..Coleco.and pc games since the first XT..then AT.. (yes am a Dinosaur)..still ..getting dissapointed..fast right now... already cancelled SWTOR..(Temporarily for D3) thinking of making new changes once again!
You guys should listen to the players who ve been playing since the first Diablo..especially after making us wait so long for D3 ..you making all your games..ready for an android app..and for 10Yrs..old demographics again... just like wow..OH AM A BIG BAD PANDA!

P.S.:..BTW..this is my very first post ever..thank you for your time.. :)
Edited by Wendigo#1300 on 6/20/2012 5:55 PM PDT
Perhaps using the mechanic that siegebreaker uses now when he drops health globes, you can implement a stacking buff that shows the percent of which the players magic find gear counts at. Example: Player 'A' switches to their magic find gear at the point of the kill but it would only count 25% of their (or the party's average, if in a group) total magic find on their gear, valor stacks excluded in the formula. If Player 'A' used their magic find gear at or above the 75% heath notch, the kill would count 100% of their total magic find and whatever stacks of valor that player accumulated. Swap the gear at any point, reset the stacks.

This would require adjusting the enrage timers to prevent that one player in a party from stacking the pure magic find for the whole group during the fight and keeping their distance from the boss.
I purchased this game believing that it would have lots of payable choices options etc. Seemed like it did to begin with.

Now it seems that the game is getting made dumber and dumber to cater for the lowest common denominator. I didnt carry around a MF set didnt smah pots avoiding avoiding mobs I played the game how i wanted with a mix of everything. feel like beating the same boss 3 tims in a row sure why not lets do it. Oh look there isa treasure goblin lets run after this Bastard great fun.

So what now everyone stacks 5 NV and farms elite mobs. No one does anything else. What then do you nerf the mobs drops as well. I mean why dont you just remove destrucatable items from the game better yet you could have prob saved some money and fired a coupe developers whos job was making them. I cant understand why you gave us a semi open game and have now pregressed to cut it down and remove features.
Please stop treating this game like an MMO.

If I want to swap magic find gear and risk dying, then let me do that. If you don't find it fun, it does not mean that I don't find it fun.

Diablo 3 has WoW syndrome now where the developers say "this isn't fun so we're going to change it" even though people are perfectly fine with that specific "issue." Then down the line, say in the next expansion, those features will magically come back. I guarantee in the next expansion or two we'll start seeing attack speed gear that has the original values we've been using up until 1.03.

Here here!

This is NOT AN MMO - Stop treating it as one. With all the stats that you are able to see at Blizzard, surely one of them you're capable of seeing is that you are pissing off your customers with the way you treat this game like a damn MMO which it is NOT.
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

So you dont want players to play the way they want, you want players to play the way you want? Forcing us to play an arpg in a very linear way, and if you get out of that line you encounter a nerfbat is rly frustrating.

GL
So what I keep hearing is how this was done to discourage that, and that was done to discourage this. Change after change to stop people from gaming the system.

The problem is you completely broke the game for those of us who aren't in the process.

Can we just go back to making a fun game?

Why are those of us attempting to play the game "as intended" getting kicked in the teeth?

Why can't I just come home from a long day at work and just blow up some mobs and everything thing else on the screen and get the "loot explosion" these games should have.

Why must I dedicate enough time to get 5 stacks and kill elite packs as the only way to see a drop. Some of us have lives outside the game. Walking the dog shouldn't equal you get no drops till you get 5 stacks again. But, oh by the way, something else came up and you walked away for 15 minutes and you have to start again.

I don't want to look up the best farming paths on line, using the best farming build, or any of that other tedious stuff that makes a game more work than fun. I just want to log in and have fun.

Is that really too much to ask?
Can you believe this game was 10 years in the waiting?

To Everyone: Ask for a refund, and tell people not to buy this game. Do the world a favor. Please copy and paste this warning and help spread the message.
I think you're asking why we made the following changes, so that's what I'm going to attempt to answer for you. (If that's not why you made this post, please let me know.)

Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

Also, keep in mind the following:
  • Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

(Click [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888889794?page=26#502"]here[/url] for next "Blizz" post.)

The problem is:

Andariel wasn't guarenteed to drop you anything at all, but sometimes she would pop out 6 items. This level of randomness meant excitement and/or dissapointment(excitement and dissapointment existing in the case of finding an etheral shako, happened to me twice and twice I immediately went "AHHHH!, Oh.." but thats itemization, different bone to pick) doesn't exist in Diablo 3. It is more like, meh, one elite pack = one rare.

Making every elite drop one rare is contradicting to your statement.

"Blizzard just wants us to play the game the way they want us to play it," that's both true and not true

because if our definition of fun is opening vases for that small and unlikely chance of getting a rare or legendary with a bunch of mf gear and not killing anything at all then that shouldn't be messed with. If we want to do that, let us!!! Imagine if they forced us to buy LOD, and didn't support classic anymore. Many people enjoy classic more than LOD, let them!

They didn't nerf the nightmare trist gold find barbarian of diablo 2 LOD, and that thing made freakin loot. Some people enjoyed that. Its not for everyone, but the former makers of Diablo 2 didn't say "oh well thats abuse of the gold find stat so we are nerfing it so they will go kill a boss and find items instead".

I personally hate killing elites, but I am forced to, to find anything good that is, 5 stacks of valor will only "guarentee it". I don't want to play a set system, random was better. I am Forced to kill elites.

Now I feel compelled to kill elites, compelled to pick up every dime of gold, and I am forced into tunnel vision gameplay that I don't want to participate in. I don't even have to think, dodge click click 1234 collect sell dodge click collect sell blah blah blah .... :( same thing. Clear an act, rinse and repeat. Before it was click kill pick up, do this till i throw up, get bored, do something different like pvp, or rush a friend or farm gold from trist or play my raise skeleton necro or uber trist... and if I was really, REALLLLLLLLLLY bored, I would level to 99 just to say I did it legit and have my friends go "lol lvl 99 go outside scrub, doesn't make you better at pvp nub". Theres a genuine lack of FUNdemental content compared to d2. I bought d2 and the expansion a total of 4 times, because everytime I messed up the CD or lost the case with the KEY I would buy it knowing that I was getting way more than my moneys worth.

I hope I got my point across, my feeling about this game has generally been a frustrated and dissapointed one with the odd "ohh! a rare ring, maybe this will be worth more than 50k".
about the freaking damn MF gear... they didnt want us to swap for killing leet pack... hmm k what about that old diablo2 nice idea to quickly swap weapon with pressing "W" ... wasnt that nice for MAGIC FIND GEAR... no... too much hard work or hard to think about that... hmm weird... i just thought about that the first freaking day i played it -.-
Edited by BaliverneG#1433 on 6/20/2012 5:59 PM PDT
55 Human Death Knight
Hey blue. how about you let people play the game the way they want to instead of trying to decide what you think "fun" is.

You can also take this 31k repair bill and shove it up your @$$
There will always be situations where our definition of "fun" and some players' definitions of "fun" will vary, but in general our goal when making changes like these is to improve the overall game experience.

Just change "fun" for quality and think about it. You dont define what quality is, customers(players) do it. It's a selfish stand saying "WE KNOW WHAT YOU NEED". Did you make a Market research? How many people that bought your game was because of Diablo I & II "GAMEPLAY(ARPG)"? Are they your market niche? If they are, why did you change the game concept instead of improving it?.
If you think that there is only a few players that disagree with your "improvements", why dont you make a poll?
Edited by s4tsu#2366 on 6/20/2012 6:05 PM PDT
06/20/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
But if perhaps someone on the blue side can at least admit "yeah, it still needs more work, this is not where things will stay" and you say this very DIRECTLY, maybe people will be less upset.

While I'm unable to say one way or another whether "this is where things will stay," we're definitely not opposed to making additional changes. Iteration is big part of our design philosophy, and we will continue to make improvements to the game (maybe not forever, but definitely until we feel that everything is in a good place). For example, we're currently looking at a number of solutions for how to curb the popular practice of players swapping out their normal gear for Magic Find gear right before a kill to min/max their efficiency. In general, this isn't something that those players seem to particularly enjoy, but instead feel compelled to do because of how efficient it is.* Also, to be very clear, this practice is not intended. (The developer blog I was talking about previously will go into the solutions we're considering in much more detail.)

There will always be situations where our definition of "fun" and some players' definitions of "fun" will vary, but in general our goal when making changes like these is to improve the overall game experience. We might not always succeed, but this is what we strive for. For environment objects and destructible objects, it became an issue of players repeatedly choosing to avoid killing monsters in favor of smashing pots. Not because they particularly liked smashing pots or didn't particularly like killing monsters, but because it what was most efficient. We want you to kill monsters. We also want you to not have to worry about dragging along a separate set of Magic Find gear just for the sake efficiency gains. Did we succeed with these changes? Maybe. We think it was the right move, but it's only a day out from the patch and we're still waiting for all the feedback to settle.

By the way, when players say things like "Blizzard just wants us to play the game the way they want us to play it," that's both true and not true -- but maybe not in the ways that you think. We definitely encourage experimentation, exploration, and variety. We've seen a lot of interesting tactics and builds and play styles develop since launch, and we're still seeing players find new ways to progress their characters. And that's really freaking cool. What we don't want to have happen, though, and where we're most likely to step in make changes, is when a certain tactic or a single way to play becomes the ONLY way to play. (Treasure Goblin farming is a another good example of this. For most, it was fun mostly because of the rate of loot reward...but, you weren't really fighting all that much, and because it was one of the most rewarding tactics out there, that meant a lot of players were driven to play that way, even if they didn't want to.)

*I realize this not exactly what you were suggesting, but I wanted to make it clear that we're not opposed to making further changes to a specific mechanic if we feel that it's not where it should be.

Also, as an aside, will that blog post be going over the other changes as well, or merely trying to ease the blow from the radical changes which happened?

It'll be focused on Magic Find gear swapping only. We want to try to do more developer blogs in general, but have each blog be shorter and only address about 1-2 topics (rather than having a big wall of text that may or may get read completely).

So you are saying than a game that focus on MF and farming items should not have MF for beter items?

Ok...
"Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses"

This is just crap, this game is getting crappier all the time. Haven't played in a week and don't plan on starting now.

I'ts called deception by numbers.

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient.

So because it isn't fun for you, or the half-witted dev team, means it shouldn't be in the game? There should be an INFINITE amount of ways to play this game. Not just one, and one that the developers agree with, cause seriously, who gives a crap what the devs think?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]