Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

Ur staff response up to limit, so i response to u
Bashiok --Community Manager
Oh... I guess me.No one is going to like additional repair costs. I'm not sure how any feedback would be "Great, I really love paying more for repair costs." however, we have seen enough feedback and data to show that the ratio is pretty good as long as people aren't throwing their character's corpses against enemies. Death has meant nothing for a very long time now......

MY Response:
No kids is going to like studying. I'm not sure how any feedback would be "Great, I really love the kids study hard and constribute the world." however, i have seen enough feedback and data to show that the ratio is pretty good as long as people aren't playing computer game so much after lock up the psp and computer

Are u my father???? I will not purchase any items of ur company in the future.
63 Human Paladin
Play the game in hell without using the AH is hard-nearly impossible, kite elite pack for a few minute to only get blue items with trash stats..

In all the whole game in nightmare i dont get a single good item to my character, now im playing in hell act2 and its hurts, its hurts be lvl 55 with gear lvl 40, the price in the ah are out of control and really worth spend a bunch of money to upgrade my gear when i hit lvl 60 that gear is gonna be useless? thats why ppl use exploits and farm goblins, chest, and do gear swap, because its useless play the whole game again in normal-nightmare-hell <lvl 60.
The people aren't happy with any of the changes made in the last patch. Usually when your selling something you have the attitude of "the customers always right"... In blizzards case it's quite the opposite. You completely disregard any issues that the customers are having and make a bunch of changes that in fact oppose your customers to make there time with your product extremely frustrating. From the numbers posted of dramatic declines in public game numbers it seems the customers are doing exactly what they should be doing, leaving the product behind with the feeling that they have now wasted time and money for no enjoyment. And they will now be extremely weary when purchasing ActiBlizz products in future. About a month ago you put out statements that you'd be buffing Demon Hunters to give more diversity in play style. That was a complete lie and you went and did the exact opposite. Now it feels like im playing in slow motion with my damage shattered into tiny fragments. Not only did you cut the main DH stat in half you made Nether Tentacles only hit each enemy once. Now it goes slowly across the screen for no reason. You've completely stomped the DH play style into the ground. Not to mention that with IAS being cut in half survivability is hugely reduce and it takes twice as long to shoot, so your finding yourself having to repair more often BUT WAIT repair costs are now 6X more so you've just taken a class that was fun and enjoyable to play and you've crushed them to dust. Don't you think you've gone a little to far?... Now your official statement is trying to dictate what's fun and what isn't . You clearly don't know the meaning of fun and the changes made are clearly due to the dollar signs in your eyes. But you got too greedy and now customers are dwindling day by day.... So have your money schemes paid off???? I surely hope not because that would be a very sad day for the gaming industry.
06/20/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
For example, we're currently looking at a number of solutions for how to curb the popular practice of players swapping out their normal gear for Magic Find gear right before a kill to min/max their efficiency. In general, this isn't something that those players seem to particularly enjoy, but instead feel compelled to do because of how efficient it is.* Also, to be very clear, this practice is not intended.

gear swapping is nothing new. i know people who still play ultima online that bring thier luck (luck=magic find in uo) suits into doom gauntlet, and switch into it right before killing a boss. they get the same benifit as if they wore the luck for the entire fight, but kill stuff faster and more efficently.

and that is an example from a mmo. did origin ever nerf it? no. they didn't have to, because only a few players really want to go though the effort of doing it. (or pay the extra item insurance on carrying two gear sets.)
I was just thinking this today, somewhere, somehow the Dev team lost its way.

This game is just not fun. I understand wanting a gold sink bc people abused early and made a lot of money of chests and jars. Why in the world the entire rest of the population would be punished for that I have no idea.

Here is an idea...maybe tie repair costs to the total amount of money you have. Have 3mil? Your repairs will never break 5-8k tops.

Have 3000mil? Your repairs will be a factor higher say 5mil-8mil for a full red set. That way people are not getting crucified on this.

The whole PURPOSE of the affixes on mobs is to challenge players. And you know what? When you are challenged you are going to die a lot. Fine I get it.

Which brings me to the next part...why nerf everything into oblivion? I mean there are tons of people who have spent 100's of hours getting there set up to be just so....and then you don't just tweak the mechanics like surgeons you hit them with sledge hammers.

I do not want to go on too much here, but the fact is this your busniess model to make money on this game depends on population. Raw numbers of people playing the game and hopefully the small percentage of that spends big. Much like Farmville or any of a number other games with microtransactions.

So I am showing my displeasure the only way I can by not playing, which is a damn shame bc I was hoping this game would last for me like D2 did.
Why not just open a play test realm and invite a certain amount of players to test out your patches before they go live?
Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

YEAH GUARANTEED RARE QUALITY LVL 59 OR LOWER

oh here is how to keep people from swapping out MF gear right before a kill is to do away with MF gear or make it unable to swap gear while in combat
Edited by Warzog#1672 on 6/20/2012 6:06 PM PDT
Not just these boards but others I read.

There is more outcry from instant gratification people / lazy people that don't want to hunt for gear. then anyone else. and the game changes for them is not really fair for the rest of the players.
Willing to make changes is nice as long as the change does not effect game play.

I say put the game back the way it was and on character select put a button to
Diablo3 grat style

In diablo3 Grat style you get one button in the middle of the bottom of the screen
ni which clicked
it goes through all your stash equips your best gear
it equips the best skills for you
moves you automatically all over the map killing all mobs for you
loots all and sells all junk
etc etc
with just one click that way "Blizzard can play for you" and all you have to do is
sit back and rake in the Achievements. Maybe add a choice before a boss "click here to record" records your "efforts" and upload it to youtube for you.
I'm going to be constructive here, rather than sarcastic. It will probably help. :)

For example, we're currently looking at a number of solutions for how to curb the popular practice of players swapping out their normal gear for Magic Find gear right before a kill to min/max their efficiency. In general, this isn't something that those players seem to particularly enjoy, but instead feel compelled to do because of how efficient it is.* Also, to be very clear, this practice is not intended. (The developer blog I was talking about previously will go into the solutions we're considering in much more detail.)

One major issue that Blizzard has is "how people play the game". That shouldn't be an issue. That is why there is so much anger in the community. You change things to force the way you want the game to be played, rather than how people end up playing it. Just because someone doesn't play the game how you want, doesn't mean its wrong and needs changed. There is no issue here. The only issues that could occur in this situation is when people actually complain about certain aspects of the game. Those things you should change.

I understand there are other issues to deal with, such as botting. Obviously trying to curb botting could affect the way people chose to play the game (removing item drops from pots, etc). But this isn't the end users issue, this is Blizzards issue. It should be addressed to limit the impact on "how people chose to play the game", rather than forcing a direct change in game play-ability. Diablo was always about the "lottery" style item finding. You removed the main aspect of Diablo from the game, that seems very sad.

When you say, "Also, to be very clear, this practice is not intended.". Again, Blizzard seems to care more about how THEY think the game should be played, rather than how their customers decide to play the game. This philosophy will sink any game. I would encourage Blizzard to implement changes the end user wants, rather than what Blizzard thinks the game should be, or end up being. It will increase the community size, create a great environment and a wonderful, long lasting game.

There will always be situations where our definition of "fun" and some players' definitions of "fun" will vary, but in general our goal when making changes like these is to improve the overall game experience. We might not always succeed, but this is what we strive for.

This is pretty simple I think. If you want to improve game experience, simply listen to all of the complaints. You do this in any product in the "real world". Simply changing things you think will work, isn't the best approach. In some cases, you change things that no one would expect to be changed.

I also understand that "balance" is another issue. The best response to this is to improve the "worst" of the balance issues rather than nerf the best of the balance issues. You just make everybody mad in this scenario as everyone becomes "worse".

For environment objects and destructible objects, it became an issue of players repeatedly choosing to avoid killing monsters in favor of smashing pots. Not because they particularly liked smashing pots or didn't particularly like killing monsters, but because it what was most efficient. We want you to kill monsters.

Again, if people want to spend time doing that, what is wrong with that? I don't understand why Blizzard has to control behavioral patterns of gamers. People play games for enjoyment and fun. You removed that for people. That will always cause issues. If you simply ignored this aspect, no body right now would be upset. Pretty interesting huh?

We also want you to not have to worry about dragging along a separate set of Magic Find gear just for the sake efficiency gains. Did we succeed with these changes? Maybe. We think it was the right move, but it's only a day out from the patch and we're still waiting for all the feedback to settle.

No, not maybe. Everyone is mad and upset. The future decision should probably be to add another "tab" for another set of gear, just like D2 had. Done. Try to improve the efficiency of what people do, rather than remove or punish what people try to accomplish.

By the way, when players say things like "Blizzard just wants us to play the game the way they want us to play it," that's both true and not true -- but maybe not in the ways that you think.

It's always true. And its always the way we think. We are customers, the people who play your game. When you make a change that is, "in the best interest of the gamer", you are enforcing the notion of "Blizzard just wants us to play the game they want us to play it".

Again, you should focus on improving aspects of the game that hinder people from having fun, not improving the ability to hinder fun.

We definitely encourage experimentation, exploration, and variety. We've seen a lot of interesting tactics and builds and play styles develop since launch, and we're still seeing players find new ways to progress their characters. And that's really freaking cool. What we don't want to have happen, though, and where we're most likely to step in make changes, is when a certain tactic or a single way to play becomes the ONLY way to play.

To be honest, there will always be "the only way to play" when it comes to builds. The math alone will bring it out. But going around nerfing things into oblivion is no way to fix that issue. Blizzard doesn't know all, your users/gamers do. Listen to them.

(Treasure Goblin farming is a another good example of this. For most, it was fun mostly because of the rate of loot reward...but, you weren't really fighting all that much, and because it was one of the most rewarding tactics out there, that meant a lot of players were driven to play that way, even if they didn't want to.)

I don't buy this. If its "fun" that means people "want" to do it. Farming treasure goblins isn't an issue. The issue is listening to the things that are broken and destroy "fun" in your game.

Listen very carefully to what people say. It's pretty obvious after 20 minutes reading the forums how to "fix" this game and make it extremely FUN. Something we all want in a GAME.
Edited by BAS#1474 on 6/20/2012 6:08 PM PDT
blizzard has really gone too far in becoming control freaks...
because that would be logical and based on the patch ideas and implementation of mechanics these morons wouldn't know how to set that up
36 Blood Elf Mage
Taking from another thread where it probably wasn't as relevant, but my issue with drops thus far is with the gear staggering as you level up. It makes sense for Inferno to drop small %'s of level appropriate (ilvl 63) gear because that is the leveling process at that point. However, I think this same approach may also be in Nightmare/Hell as you go from 30->60 - where each Act during that path drops a very small % of overall gear that is level appropriate. That means that you either heavily rely on the AH to get level appropriate gear, or just wear stuff 10-25 levels beneath where your character is. I think that is a poor approach for what amounts to leveling (not end-game) gear.
The way I see it. they gave us chances to get better drops. Before this I stopped playing because I made it to act 2 on inferno, got ruined and that's after I spent money at auction house. I felt that farming act 1 to get money to buy the stuff was a waste of my time. Now we can get the better items that's great. For this to happen we had to lose something that is why they wont let the items come out of all the random barrels cause there would be a flood at the auction house or no one would use it. Makes sense to me. The only thing that bugs me is repair costs they are too high. My equipment went down 4 points and I had to pay 2k. Lucky I haven't really died a bunch. My frame of mind is while playing inferno I should be getting a good amount of gold so I can make the game go by a lot quicker with my low level characters.
90 Tauren Warrior
"Design intent is that at end-game we want you to stack NV and 'then' kill bosses to make farming loot more interesting."

-Jay Wilson

What happened to this philosophy? I was having a pretty good time running Public Butcher games with some Whimsy MF cloud popping sprinkled in. Cloud popping is alot less attractive now, and most pub games barely get 5 stacks before killing the Butcher, let alone the Warden. They certainly don't go hunting elite packs just for the sake of loot, which means I end up hunting solo so I don't waste my 5 stack.

Tried a little Act 2 with Demon Hunter, and whether it's me or my gear, I find very little joy in Act 2's challenges, especially with the new costs to repair.

Kinda uncertain what to do now. Always played D2 on USWest, always played D3 with friends or in pubs. Not all that interested in playing solo, but that seems like the only way I will be hunting elites with 5 NV.
Edited by Caballero#1284 on 6/20/2012 6:07 PM PDT
06/20/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun

Obviously we disagree... Where do you get you all get your basis for claims like this ?
100 Night Elf Druid
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

I would argue that perhaps people who would spend all their time going after breakables and carrying around another set of gear to switch in and out of get their fun from sources other than normal gameplay.

Being able to substitute killing monsters for breaking things is a little silly, but for everyone else, it was nice to have a remote chance of getting something good for breaking stuff, particularly if wearing MF gear. It makes the game something other than going after monsters and now ignoring the environment in terms of looking for loose floor tiles, seeing what's on the edge of the room and such. It seems a little less immersive now.
Hmmm, so now all the people who have had massive amounts of time on their hands to farm chests and the like with a ton of magic find gear have w/e they need already and are also selling thier Act3/4 drops for 20-50 million gold or silly amounts of real money for fake items, and the rest of us are left to do what you REALLY intended everyone to do to begin with?
Maybe if i quit my job and start farming now i can get an item or 2 of decent quality off the AH in a month or 2...........................YAY
100 Troll Priest
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun

I hate to sound abrupt, and mean no disrespect, but who are you to decide what your players consider to be fun?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]