Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

100 Night Elf Warrior

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

(Click [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888889794?page=26#502"]here[/url] for next "Blizz" post.)

Sure made killing Unique monsters a waste of time. A few piles of chump change and a rare chance at a magic item. Unless they are story related, I just skip them because they don't offer anything.

Hm.. just like grey/white items..
06/20/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
For environment objects and destructible objects, it became an issue of players repeatedly choosing to avoid killing monsters in favor of smashing pots. Not because they particularly liked smashing pots or didn't particularly like killing monsters, but because it what was most efficient.

But I LIKED smashing pots!
"Some players feel that playing the game with mf gear and breaking objects is fun, but our philosophy is, the RMAH is the only way to have fun. ALL OTHER FORMS OF FUN ARE VERBOTEN, continued attempts at having fun will result in us invading Poland"

^Translated
What is incredible is people being completely oblivious to the fact that designing games is precisely all about deciding what is fun and what isn't. I for one agree with Blizzard on most changes in this patch, although I do believe these issues could have addressed more gracefully (in a less binary kind of way).
100 Troll Priest
06/20/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Frozenkex

I hate to sound abrupt, and mean no disrespect, but who are you to decide what your players consider to be fun?

why are you people hypocrites, I'm one of many who agrees that carrying around mf gear and swapping isnt fun. So why would you tell Me that it is fun? Why would most efficient way to play be the one that isn't as fun as it could be if i didnt have to do the gear swapping ? Is it actually fun for you, or you just like getting better items? What if you could have that without swapping gear or carrying around mf gear? Do you see what I'm getting at?

P.S To the people who are asking the most repeated narrow-minded question here "why do you tell us what is fun" - The answer is - I told them that it isnt fun, we did, people told them here on forums, dont believe me ? Look it up. Also if you have sense of logic you'd understand that its a simply not a good design or a game mechanic and its clunky. Mf is a stat and if it is to be in the game, it should be more like a decision of "Do i want to use this item with 190 dex and 4 crit, or this one with 150 dex 3 crit and 14mf". Rather than "I want max DPS and max MF available to me always! Its fun to me so let me !". Seriously, try to be reasonable.

So, your theory is... what you consider to be fun should be the same thing that everybody else considers to be fun. Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that.

I never did farm 'smashing things', I don't stack MF gear, but if people want to do it, and enjoy doing it.. who cares? If you don't, don't do it.
(Note: I didn't read through all 54 pages so I apologize if this has already been said.)
Here's an easy solution to preventing people gear-swapping right before killing a boss: Make the magic find be calculated based on the player's average MF% in the past x minutes (let's say 5). So they can either A: build an effective armor set that also has MF%, B: sacrifice damage / health for MF%, or C: sacrifice MF% for damage output and survivability.
Another solution could be to prevent gear swapping during a boss battle.
Yet another solution could be to reset nephalem valor on gear swapping.
I don't even give a damn about the repair cost increase, it doesn't affect me much. I just can't stand that 9/10 drops now are ilvl 51-57 and i rarely see 60+ let alone ilvl63. I used to get 7-10 per whimsy now I see <1-1 in Whimsy.

So i switched to act 3 and clear the entire act 3, every elite pack and cydaea and Azmo and i might see 2-3 ilvl63s drop. This before would have netted me like 15. My MF is WORTHLESS wtf I have this amazing set that has it on it with resists/vit/65k dps and 300 MF with full NV and I can't land hardly any ilvl63 items. I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs debating whether its worth it to pick up the 3-4 rares each pack drops because I'm sick of seeing hoplons and balor treads and I NEVER thought i'd be excited to see doom armor.

the crap loot drops and huge nerf to high ilvl items is the real killer.
People think by crying with a formal language it will get them somewhere, The changes are fine some are saying the changes we're made for people who already have their gold/equip just a note that I pesonally think this was made the opposite this is for people who don't have much now have a chance to farm their equip(90Hours about 4-5Million worth of items)

You guys complain about how others have so much more then you but it is what 1,000-10,000 out of the millions of players? If this was a MMO it could be a problem but its NOT, the guy with 100,000,000,000,000,000 Gold won't be runing around in all PK/PVP/Guildwars/Farm spots, Over powered and killing and taking everything HIS GOLD and EQUIP won't directly influence your game.

Don't like the food in the restaurant? LEAVE
Don't like the movie in the theatre? LEAVE
Don't like the Girls in the !@#$% house? LEAVE

There isn't anything on the Blizzard Term of Use contract saying "Once you start you can Never stop"

If Blizzard did changes that I didn't like I'd leave! other then the RMAH The changes are to benefit the game and are great, Still think a Server Wipe with the new updates will put everyone on par but this can't happen thanks to the RMAH OR a New server people can play on with the new updates and clean start.

Peace
Give blizzard some credit....

1. IAS nerf is good. Forces people to go back to the GAH to find more stuff; if its not there, theres always the RMAH.

2. Lower gold drops are good. Forces people to go to the RMAH to get their stuff there.

3. Bosses drop 1 less rare and champion mobs no longer have a 100% chance to drop 2 blues. Makes gear rare right? Now you can go to the GAH and RMAH for all your shopping needs.

4. Magic Find useless? No worries! Theres always the 5 stacks of NV that you can die 10 times to get. No gold for repairs? Just use RMAH to buy better items and scrap those you've been using.

5. Blizzard determines what is fun for us. Come on, we spend most of our time browsing through the AH, so obviously, that is fun! Now they're just making it official!
I think IAS is more of the matter, but MF?? you could have kept it the way it is, it really doesn't matter what you guys think, it's what the players think, what you should look at is the majority of the vote, and that being said, mostly everybody from most threads I've been reading had no problem with the mfing section of D3, now IAS??? woooow, tons pissed, real money lost. This is rediculous and will be nothing but a never-ending issue.... So many people are quitting, does that not bother you ???
5 Blood Elf Warrior
06/20/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Ehnoex
Why are you judging what is fun to us.

Blizzard is the fun police. No fun here.
Wouldn't have been easier to not have magic find? Seems like a huge problem for no gain. Why make this game harder to develop that it has to be? Remove magic find all together and just make items drop at a certain percentage.

People were stacking magic find and using it the way it was intended and apparently that isn't fun. Spend less time on broken game mechanics and make some gear worth farming for.
100 Troll Priest
06/20/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Perogi
For environment objects and destructible objects, it became an issue of players repeatedly choosing to avoid killing monsters in favor of smashing pots. Not because they particularly liked smashing pots or didn't particularly like killing monsters, but because it what was most efficient.

I did too. I didn't do it specifically to farm stuff, but getting an occasional item was nice. But dammit, I'm still going to smash things, regardless of nerfs.
06/20/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
There will always be situations where our definition of "fun" and some players' definitions of "fun" will vary, but in general our goal when making changes like these is to improve the overall game experience. We might not always succeed, but this is what we strive for. For environment objects and destructible objects, it became an issue of players repeatedly choosing to avoid killing monsters in favor of smashing pots. Not because they particularly liked smashing pots or didn't particularly like killing monsters, but because it what was most efficient. We want you to kill monsters.

So you'll nerf any variety of play in this game (other than your preconceived way of killing monsters) on the off chance that someone might not be having fun because they think it's more efficient? Well, I stopped playing this game a week ago because doing anything at all in inferno wasn't really fun, let alone efficient. And looking at your forums, I'm not the only one that feels that way, far from. This kind of mindset really doesn't make much sense at all.

So what if I want to kill pots? I bought an entire gold find set just for the purpose of changing things up in the game and killing pots for an hour here and there. Ya, I found that fun. That doesn't mean I didn't go and kill monsters afterwards after though. You can't tell me that there were just thousands of sick people out there refusing to kill monsters because killing pots was SOO much more lucrative. You'd go crazy after just a day of doing that. Diablo 2 is a HUGE example of being able to do a large variety of activities and still have fun. Being efficient is really just a matter of opinion at this point. I'm already tired of doing your standard stack 5 valor and kill the butcher...etc. VARIETY, doing what I want to in a game, that's what it all comes down to. You take that away from your game and you'll lose interest, really fast.
Check out my side-thread to this topic discussing Lylirra's explanation on Blizzard's stance on people who swap out gear for kills/chests.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889220129?page=1#2

You can still like smashing pots. Just don't look to get a reward for smashing pots that are along your way to the next MAIN BOSS i.e. yellows/blues
Community Manager

Me too. And I'm still going to smash every. single. one. of them, for the sheer pleasure of it.
If I made the game all over again and didnt take D2 players into account at all, then as some players suggested I'd remove the MF stat all together as it is hard stat to manage at this day and age - it has encouraged unfun game mechanics and unintended behaviour/habits. But I think its too important for some people now and it has had too big of an effect on the game already to be removed. Maybe like a "ladder" without MF, probably not. Hopefully they'll find the right solution to make it work well in the game.

Personally I decided to attempt to get good dps/survival gear with MF which is super expensive, out of principle that i disliked the game mechanic of carrying around MF gear. I still have some MF gear left that i swap into, but most of my gear has MF, my dps is quite low and survivability isnt as good as it could be, but "I think" i prefer that over having to swap gear all the time.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]