Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

I've been a fan of Diablo since the first.
I never have had any complaints with Blizzard's choices in changing things.

You guys went too far by destroying IAS and nerfing Magic Find and our tactics of getting magic.

Diablo fans find this stuff fun. And I barely even did the tactics you outlined. If you guys didn't nerf things so SEVERELY it wouldn't be so bad. I feel you're forcing us into a specific tactic even MORE by stripping our abilities from us. So if IAS is gone, we'll try to find something else and you'll kill that as well?

Please, just... Bring back some of it. Nerf it by 25%, or less. Seriously, I usually think everyone is overreacting about changes to MF or IAS etc...

But this time we're not. STOP, making this like WoW. You KNOW Diablo fans dislike the design ideals and setup of WoW....And yet you burn us by doing this, holding our hands and changing what we've been working on? I feel really really let down.

I KNOW a Patch is something that is subject to change as you're trying to find a good place for everything, but everyone is upset about how things are now.... That should tell you a LOT.
06/20/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Lylirra
But I LIKED smashing pots!

Me too. And I'm still going to smash every. single. one. of them, for the sheer pleasure of it.

Good. Now if I was Blizzard, I would remove them from the game, because I personally (sarcastically) think that type of behavior is "unintended" and distracts from killing monsters.

Do you know how stupid Blizzard sounds sometimes?

Me too. And I'm still going to smash every. single. one. of them, for the sheer pleasure of it.

you reply to that but not the stuff people are actually complaining about?

visa is processing my annual pass charge back eh?
Posted by Lylirra
By the way, when players say things like "Blizzard just wants us to play the game the way they want us to play it," that's both true and not true -- but maybe not in the ways that you think. We definitely encourage experimentation, exploration, and variety. We've seen a lot of interesting tactics and builds and play styles develop since launch, and we're still seeing players find new ways to progress their characters. And that's really freaking cool. What we don't want to have happen, though, and where we're most likely to step in make changes, is when a certain tactic or a single way to play becomes the ONLY way to play.

You're making the game only playable in ONE WAY: Farming elites. Guess what? That way ISN'T FUN! Allowing multiple ways to play would be to allow boss farming, allow chest farming, allow weapon rack farming, allow jug farming. Those are options! Making players run the same content over and over, listen to the TERRIBLE DIALOGUE over and over, and spend WAY too much time killing mobs that are HUGELY OBNOXIOUS is killing this game.
lol lylirra thinks the game provides pleasure. d2 did..
http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/5889089948
06/20/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Rickdiculous
In general, this isn't something that those players seem to particularly enjoy, but instead feel compelled to do because of how efficient it is.

Are you serious? You just did it again. I enjoy doing it because I get better loot to drop. This game is all about loot. You are telling us what isn't fun even tho it's fun for some people.

LoL!

+1

Smash away boyz.
90 Troll Mage
I remember reading that CM's aren't allowed to play blizzard games because then they would realize what they have to defend
I don't see the pleasure in smashin pots when there's no logical point to smash pots anymore...
Open your eyes, "they" do not give a damn what you want, "they" don't care if the games no longer fun, "they" will keep changing things to force you to use the RMAH to make "them" more money. All "they" want is for you to hand over your cash and !@#$ and take it. And if you complain you're just not a good player. Never mind that the servers went from 17,000+ playing at any one time down to less than 2000. They know what you want, you don't.
I quit today and will never again buy another product from this company. Not when there's better games BY FAR out there that *gasp* are FUN to play.
This game is not fun, it's self inflicted torture.
No to mention they've buffed all the bosses rendering it nearly pointless to go through a farm run with the thrill of fighting a boss at the end.
Posted by Lylirra
For environment objects and destructible objects, it became an issue of players repeatedly choosing to avoid killing monsters in favor of smashing pots. Not because they particularly liked smashing pots or didn't particularly like killing monsters, but because it what was most efficient.

so what ? Why is it blizzard is trying to force us into a single method of farming ?

ITS OUR GAME PLAY IT OUR WAY OR DONT PLAY.

Just start responding with that to all posts pls.
06/20/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Bashiok
Just fighting is probably too expensive, and we're looking at potential adjustments there.

Blizzard doesn't test these fixes before they go out. They must have some way of coming with 50% nerf this or 100% nerf that, right? Are they ALL Arbitrary?

Abused GM powers and added tons of gold to pay repairs? Smashing pots cost a lot now. Can't afford that. Sorry.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]