Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

View profile
Isn't gear swapping with a macro just before a champion dies against ToS, since for almost everyone it uses a mouse/keyboard/third-party feature instead of manually clicking each piece?
06/20/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Kraziestguy
Just fighting is probably too expensive, and we're looking at potential adjustments there.

Blizzard doesn't test these fixes before they go out. They must have some way of coming with 50% nerf this or 100% nerf that, right? Are they ALL Arbitrary?

And then we doubled it!
tell me this, i bought a game that i thought was going to be fun,i paid $60+ taxes for the game and it was pre orderedthe game was great at first with just a few bugs here and there but i was able to play the game anytime i wanted for as long as i could since i have a career to worry about as well as responsibilities.

a week later instead of me being able to get everything i want with maybe a 3 hour run,i see a nerf on the loot drop, then nerf on characters powers,then more nerfing on the loot,nerf on the gold i used to get from certain runs,more nerfs on good farming spots, mobs get stronger and deadlier and my character is getting weaker and weaker.

all these so called hardcore players only say we want to 1 shot everything but its the mobs 1 shoting us, and they call this a challenge? now our attack speeds have been nerfed hard and repair costs for dying has gone up....

if i remember correctly, I PAID $60 FOR THIS GAME,BLIZZARD IS NOT PAYING ME TO PLAY IT! SO WHY THA HELL DO I HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME THE WAY THEY THINK OR WANT ME TO PLAY IT INSTEAD OF ME PLAYING IT THE WAY I WANT TO PLAY IT?

is blizzard so money hungry that they are trying to go around their screw ups and giving us the crap about,you dont beat a game by dying and going back for more???

who tha hell cares how many times i have to die to beat the level? nobody but my self is playing this game,i dont see any blizzard dev loging into my account and playing my game while wasting their time doing so...
There has to be a better solution to MF swapping than just making MF gear trash for those of us who actually built good dps/MF sets who didn't want to swap. Those of us who used it as you intended just got railed.

Some suggestions
1) Make it so you cant swap gear in combat except weapons
2) Make it so swapping into MF gear doesn't give you the added MF for a half an hour after you equip it unless you log into the game with it on.
3) or make it so your MF is averaged over the time you've been playing with the amount you've got equipped so if you swap on/of you only get some small portion but those of us who fight with it on just have it averaged up already.
06/20/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Lylirra
But I LIKED smashing pots!

Me too. And I'm still going to smash every. single. one. of them, for the sheer pleasure of it.

Yeah but I liked smashing stuff AND getting occasional good loot from it :(
85 Troll Shaman

Me too. And I'm still going to smash every. single. one. of them, for the sheer pleasure of it.

so... i'm smashing pots and other smashables...and my gear is losing durability.... why is this happening? seems unnecessary.
I am wondering if Blizzard realizes that most people believe, whether this true or not, that these changes for "fun" are actually a ploy to drive people to the RMAH and has nothing to do with making the game mre fun? And if they do realize this, does it not bother them?
The day I heard of the RMAH, I knew this was not going to be Diablo 2. As many have stated in many other threads and posts, I don't believe that the Diablo 3 team played or even knew what Diablo 2 was or is.
ACTIVISON, you ruined a great company. TYVM

I hope you get a lot more money than you are expecting out of those in order to pay for the repairs...

•Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time.

funny thing is that weapon racks should have weapons what else should they drop lol @ Jay Wilson
Oh... I guess me.

No one is going to like additional repair costs. I'm not sure how any feedback would be "Great, I really love paying more for repair costs."

No, actually I completely agree with the increased repair costs because I thought it was stupidly low before.
Community Manager
so... i'm smashing pots and other smashables...and my gear is losing durability.... why is this happening? seems unnecessary.

We agree, and we're already looking into reducing the durability hit players take from normal wear-and-tear. This way, players who never die aren't getting hit with a giant repair fee every 3-4 hours.
06/20/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Jelvin
2. Lower gold drops are good. Forces people to go to the RMAH to get their stuff there.

Really? This does not help us people who are casuals and have empty pockets due to college and a personal life...the rmah is not for everyone so stop saying reduced gold drops is good its the worse idea ever considering how the repair costs are ...

3. Bosses drop 1 less rare and champion mobs no longer have a 100% chance to drop 2 blues. Makes gear rare right? Now you can go to the GAH and RMAH for all your shopping needs.

4. Magic Find useless? No worries! Theres always the 5 stacks of NV that you can die 10 times to get. No gold for repairs? Just use RMAH to buy better items and scrap those you've been using.

Ahhhh i get it .... always use the rmah to buy gear n give blizz their cut ... this renders the gah and farming useless.......
90 Night Elf Druid

dont bother smashing them now LIAR.. it will cost you more in durability repairs than you can make from the gold drops. ofc you prolly have unlimited gold being a blue and all... must be nice.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]