Diablo® III

Drop Rates increased but...

06/20/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Procedural
You know what would have been a more elegant and equally effective solution? Base it off of NV stacks. Each stack of NV adds 20% of your MF to chests and whatnot. So at 5 stacks, you'll get the full benefit of your Magic Find when you open chests or break something.

All else aside, this is an excellent idea.

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun

Couldn't disagree with this more. If people want to go around farming Magic Find gear for the purpose of switching it out to loot a single chest, then let them. It's Diablo, it's meant to be played how the player wants it to be played.

I do agree that you guys should fix some of the clearly OP issues (attack speed, nether tentacles, ect), but there's a limit between tweaking the values and just destroying ways of playing.
06/20/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
"We think it isn't really all that fun, but I sure love doing it!"

For clarity, we never said destroying environment objects wasn't fun. You can still smash objects for a chance at gold drops, or just because you want to. Players feeling like they needed to always carry around MF gear and switch to that gear before destroying environment objects in order to be as efficient as possible, however, was something that was repeatedly communicated (in these forums even) as something that wasn't enjoyable -- and we agreed.

you sure knows how to reply to things that doesnt matter for !@#$. what about those of us that actually went through the trouble to get dps AND magic find gear? if you dont want people to switch gears, put a timer on them or reduce NV on them
Edited by ElTemido#1657 on 7/13/2012 1:22 PM PDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySo3KfF_RE
06/20/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Willriker
Find anything good out there? I am looking forward to Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim.

A new Magic the gathering game is on steam for 10 bucks. watched it on Forces youtube channel. Looks pretty good!

Is that the New 2013 Plainswalkers?
90 Human Mage

Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

We're already working on another developer blog that delves more deeply in to our current philosophy regarding Magic Find gear swapping, why it's our current philosophy, and how we're looking at improving Magic Find in general, so that will probably provide insight on this particular topic. No solid date on that blog yet, but it's definitely coming soon(tm).

Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

Please note that these monsters still have a chance to drop two Magic items, but that those drops are just no longer guaranteed.

Also, keep in mind the following:
  • Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

Lylirra, can you please shed some light on whether changes have already been made to MF swapping in regard to killing elite packs? Many players have been expressing their concerns with the degradation of loot quality in Act 3 and 4 after 1.03. The majority of these players have spent 150+ hours farming this content pre-patch and MF swapping on elite packs that produced a consistent drop rate of ilevel 63 equipment. This is now no longer the case. Some have speculated that it's due to a change on MF swapping.

If changes to MF haven't been implemented on swapping before elite packs die, can you please indulge us with some information about why act 3 and 4 no longer have the same consistent drop rate for top tier equipment?
All you people who say they're driving us to the RMAH are wrong. With the current changes there will be no good loot to put on the RMAH. There is no way for anyone to produce any sort of good loot with the current loot system.

There is probably a .00001 percent chance per person that does a run to produce a good piece of loot. You get like 2 ilvl63 pieces per long run with 300 mf (thats me) and in 30 of those you might roll a good piece.

Totally agree! Now we can't even find as much gear as used to so the chances are even lower even though the drops from elites are more consistent. The only two legendaries i ever saw came from weapon racks and chests with 5 stacks. So i used to just break pots kill everything and loot everything which worked well now all i can do thats even worth my time is farm elites which each hour and a half run yields 100k then minus the repair costs averaging 1 death i get 70k per hour and a half of game time and have yet to get anything that is good gear.

HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAH! wrong?????????
Helllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, who do you think controls the RMAH?????

Blizz can put whatever they want up there, and guess who gets the $$$$$$$$$$$$
Not the "botter" or prejudicial term "chinese gold farmers"- BLiizzzzzzzz directly!

They dont need nor want you to be the source of the RMAH item ;)
06/20/2012 06:57 PMPosted by kxlw

For clarity, we never said destroying environment objects wasn't fun. You can still smash objects for a chance at gold drops, or just because you want to. Players feeling like they needed to always carry around MF gear and switch to that gear before destroying environment objects in order to be as efficient as possible, however, was something that was repeatedly communicated (in these forums even) as something that wasn't enjoyable -- and we agreed.

you sure knows how to reply to things that doesnt matter for !@#$. what about those of us that actually went through the trouble to get dps AND magic find gear? if you dont want people to switch gears, put a timer on them or reduce NV on them

Agree. like on page 52 or something I did a nice rebuttal and honest talk. Then he replied to some pointless convo.

Profit Motivations > Fun

C'mon! Can't you just say, that the players have too much gold and farmed too much items already, so you are trying to protect AH (RMAH) from hyper-inflation, so you (not you, Lylirra, but Bobby) can make more profit?
Who cares about these pots, anyway? It's just a game, and you are trying to make something really horrible, just like Hitler back in 192x. I mean Blizz want to control everything (game-players-related) in every way, so players can't even play as they want to play, just because all the decisions you've made. Offline-only - first suspect.

Oh, I forgot you can't. Probably you can be fired for such a bold words.

sorry for any misspeling.
2 Orc Hunter
You can still smash objects for a chance at gold drops,
Then why this?

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

or just because you want to.
No thanks. I prefer to just drop gold on the ground every time I come across these objects. Since there's no durability loss, it saves me the time of running to town to repair.

However, I would really like if you could patch all loot out of the game. I prefer killing enemies just for funsies, not for items.

You missed the point.

It's not that it wasn't "fun". It's that the alternatives were so painstakingly UNFUN, that's what people did if they wanted to farm gear and gold quick. Instead of fixing the underlying problems, you simply removed the option alltogether.
06/20/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Lylirra
this idiot doesnt even play the game obviously. just a forum poster. good luck if you ARE destroying pots etc... it costs durability to do so. and they dont drop much at all. enjoy the repairs.

I responded to a similar concern previously. [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888889794?page=58#1154"]Here's a link[/url] so you don't have to go back and search through older posts. (Unfortunately, the "Next Blizz Post" feature is broken right now, so I know it's harder to follow the conversation. =/)

Oh look, something ELSE is broken. What a surprise.
I personally just want to know what happened to all of those "simple small fixes" that were addressed a few weeks back.

There were like 40 different small things, like SKILL BAR LOCK so I don't freaking remove my 5 NV stacks during a boss fight. Ya... that just happened to me. Why weren't these incredibly easy and small problems actually fixed? Bashiok said they were... he even spent a while addressing every single point in that thread... And it didn't happen.
Edited by AzureSpecter#1522 on 6/20/2012 7:02 PM PDT

What about players like me that just have one set of gear that DOES have MF? I've stacked MF with my other stats from the start and now I'm feeling penalized for it. Not only that but with the gold drop rates and such as they are now I can't even farm what I need to get better gear at this point without investing several hundred more hours into the game. I'm at about 100 hours on my character and I've gotten approximately 1.5mil gold in total. That MIGHT be enough to buy ONE piece of gear from the AH.

I'm sorry but I'm with most others at this point in thinking that the company is just trying to push us into using the rmah so the company can get their cut.

I do appreciate all the responses and feedback we're getting from you and other CMs but the responses we're getting seem to be fueling the fire more than calming them.
Did you expect a game similar to, oh say, Diablo 2? Did you expect a Dungeon Crawler? Did you expect multiple viable builds for each class? You got none of those, and that's only the tip of the iceberg as far as things that Blizzard failed on upon delivery.

I expected a game that felt somewhat like D2 with its own style, own objectives and own method of balance which (I hoped) would be very very different than D2. I got that. Is it great? No, not really. Is it good? Yes, I think it is.

You see many (most?) of you here think D2 was an amazing game. I only thought it was okay. Perhaps that gives me somewhat of a different perspective is all.

Overall I like D3 more than D2 and think it's a better crafted game. It's not as polished yet but I believe that it has the systems to be a better game. Lets hope we get there.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]