Diablo® III

+dmg question

What's the difference between the dmg props on an item? For example, some items have:

+20-56 dmg (sources, mojos, rings, etc)

While others have:

+8 minimum dmg (or max or both etc)

How does the first function compared to the second and why the hell can't I figure out how to search for it in the AH?
Reply Quote
?
Reply Quote
The +20-56 would increase both min and max

The +8 minimum damage would increase your minimum damage by +8
The +8 maximum damage would increase your maximum damage by +8

It's pretty self explanatory when you read it.
Reply Quote
The +20-56 would increase both min and max

The +8 minimum damage would increase your minimum damage by +8
The +8 maximum damage would increase your maximum damage by +8

It's pretty self explanatory when you read it.

Though it isn't, or there wouldn't be two naming schemes. Based on what I am now seeing when you socket a wep with a Ruby, I'm assuming that +12-24 actually means:

+12 minimum dmg
+12 maximum dmg

Stating it as +12-24 is confusing and could easily mean more than one thing but I'm assuming with their newer naming scheme that it means what I show above.

Either way, that doesn't answer one of my main questions. Why can't we search for the +12-24 type property in the AH? The only qualifier I see is the +min phys dmg which does what it says (searches for ONLY +min). I really hope search functionality expands dramatically in the near future to include, at minimum, the current properties available on items (let alone booleans, more search fields, etc.).
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]