Diablo® III

[FIX] Data required could not be found...

I did this and now all that happens is the d/l gets to 10% and gives me a "Failed to download required file. Check internet connection." Error. I'm at a loss as to what else I can do other than doing a complete reinstall...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
06/20/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Guitello321
When ever i run the .bat file it just flashes something then closes.... from what i saw i think it said "error: invalid key name"... i tried remaking it several times to see if maybe i copy and pasted wrong, but same thing still

Seems there was some errors in my script with the latest changes, try copy/pasting it again, I should've fixed it.

What was happening is the slashes got mixed up, the reg command seems to only like \ for the key path, and not / like I was using mistakenly, though don't change /f, that just makes it not prompt you yes/no to delete a key. If it doesn't find the key, then that's perfectly fine.
Edited by Terminal#1761 on 6/20/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
06/20/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Proximal
I did this and now all that happens is the d/l gets to 10% and gives me a "Failed to download required file. Check internet connection." Error. I'm at a loss as to what else I can do other than doing a complete reinstall...

That's unfortunate, I don't really know what could be causing that other than an issue with your firewall/connection or it could mean there's an issue writing to a file preventing the download from completing. But since it's mentioning internet connection, my guess is there, and you should make a separate post for that. Maybe a blizzard rep can walk you through that, if you're lucky.
Reply Quote
Uninstalled and still the same issue... Guess I'll have to make a new thread about it.
Reply Quote
Everytime there is an update I run into something stopping me from playing the game, usually only takes 10 mins or so to find a solution, but sometimes it can be a real pain (trying things out over and over)

I ran into this first and it worked! Thank you very much.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Everytime there is an update I run into something stopping me from playing the game, usually only takes 10 mins or so to find a solution, but sometimes it can be a real pain (trying things out over and over)

I ran into this first and it worked! Thank you very much.

I am quite glad it helped!
Reply Quote
I also just had to do steps 1 and 2 and I was good to go. Thanks a bunch!
Reply Quote
Not going to lie, when I first found this "fix" - I was a little overwhelmed and kinda ticked off, lol.

BUT - It worked for me, it was surprisingly easy and not horribly painful. Thanks!
Reply Quote
It looks like you made a typo. Line four of the batch script should read
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\D3" /f
instead of
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\3" /f
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
giving this a go now. hopefully it works
Reply Quote
Nice one! Thanks for taking the time to assist. Considering Australian broadband can still be discussed in terms of BAUD rate this option only requiring a partial download to fix the issue was a life saver.

Now if I can get a certain government redhead to supply me some paper cups and a few strings I maybe able to multi-link.

All jokes aside thanks again! I can hack slash and mame again - woot!
Reply Quote
When I try to reinstall Diablo 3 after I did your steps it still says that I require 15 gb of space. Does that mean it does not fill in the missing patch?
Reply Quote
Is going to make me lose any gear on my character or anything like that?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
06/21/2012 02:40 PMPosted by spoof
Is going to make me lose any gear on my character or anything like that?

No, all of that is saved server-side
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
06/21/2012 06:29 AMPosted by eatingroots
When I try to reinstall Diablo 3 after I did your steps it still says that I require 15 gb of space. Does that mean it does not fill in the missing patch?

It will, if you point it at the install directory properly, it won't download much of anything at all, except maybe the patch. It will take a few minutes checking the files you already have to see what it needs/doesn't need to download.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Nice one! Thanks for taking the time to assist. Considering Australian broadband can still be discussed in terms of BAUD rate this option only requiring a partial download to fix the issue was a life saver.

Now if I can get a certain government redhead to supply me some paper cups and a few strings I maybe able to multi-link.

All jokes aside thanks again! I can hack slash and mame again - woot!

I lol'd
Reply Quote
I did what u wrote at the batch script and when i finished the stuff it did exactly what u said it would do. Then i tried to start diablo 3 normally and then i click install as it says and then i freezes like for a bit like its loading and then it just says the same again. reqired data for installing this game blabla. hmmh what to do?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Man, thanks a bunch. At first I saw your directions, and was like, alright, I'm going to try to do this without messing up !@#$. After scrolling down, I noticed you had a batch file, which I then used. It worked for me. Thanks again!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
06/23/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Galactica
I did what u wrote at the batch script and when i finished the stuff it did exactly what u said it would do. Then i tried to start diablo 3 normally and then i click install as it says and then i freezes like for a bit like its loading and then it just says the same again. reqired data for installing this game blabla. hmmh what to do?

Did you run the installer downloaded from the website? The batch script only does step 1 and 2.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot Gothian... 'tis an elegant fix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]