Diablo® III

Died to belial inferno

Barb 9.7k dps
51k hp
8k or so armor
Around 800-1k resists
Didn't read patch notes and assumed I could down belial till I saw mass green explosions and figured it was an enrage timer. Rolling a wiz now, let me know if anyone wants to group.
Reply Quote
level 30 Demon Hunter in hardcore

don't have friends to play with looking for

add me when you get to around my level if you want
Reply Quote
Barb 9.7k dps
51k hp
8k or so armor
Around 800-1k resists
Didn't read patch notes and assumed I could down belial till I saw mass green explosions and figured it was an enrage timer. Rolling a wiz now, let me know if anyone wants to group.

You just died to belial Inf A2 and roll a wiz? I think he'll be even harder for ranged classes...thoughts?
Reply Quote
No, they nerfed the damage for inferno for elites. I could easily tank Belial's explosion, but the enrage timer is ridiculous. the whole map was just filled with explosions.
Reply Quote
He's going to be ridiculously hard as is. As a wiz I expect a minimum of 12k dps and mad defensive stats to make his timer.
Reply Quote
Is anyone especially good for Belial inf?

Maybe monk can serenity + SSS through the enrage spam.
Reply Quote
How much life belial has?

We could estimate the average DPS needed.... then put a 60% efficiency rate on it. (since you don't attack non-stop).

Going to Belial with that DPS would be fairly easy, because your skills will always deal more than 100% your damage.
Reply Quote
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41067-spoiler-diablo-iii-boss-health-and-information/

Not sure if it's entirely accurate but 9.8 million?
Reply Quote
No. Just dont take (4?) minutes to kill him. You need 16K DPS to kill belial, and not a lot of defense. His attacks are extremely easy to dodge, so when you actually lay down dps, you need to be doing A LOT of it. I would say 15K is minimum for Belial..

Im being purely theoretical, but you dont need to be able to tank him. I will be facing him with my monk equipped with a 1200 DPS 2hand polearm with Crippling wave and mangle. Dodge the !@#$ I cant tank.
Reply Quote
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41067-spoiler-diablo-iii-boss-health-and-information/

Weird... he has half of butcher's health? wow...

Holy ...

Considering you'll be doing arcane orb (tap the source) 40% of the time, and Magic Missile (charged blast) 60%.... and considering you would do what ever attack 70% of the time.

We would need:

9836000 / (3*60*0.7*(175%*0.4+143%*0.6) ) = 50104 of base DPS.

To kill him before 3 minutes...

That is without considering damage reductions due to resistances.

Oh... nvm... we would lay Hydras, cast blizzard... and have other "mean-time" damage sources...

It makes hard to estimate the DPS required then...
Edited by Sucrilhus#1399 on 6/19/2012 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also remember that the damage out isn't a DPS value. Arcane orb with 8k dmg regularly hits for 12k+
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 09:15 PMPosted by iMind
Also remember that the damage out isn't a DPS value. Arcane orb with 8k dmg regularly hits for 12k+

I considered 175% damage of Orb, and 143% for magic missle.

As in .. 8k dmg would make 14 k damage orbs.
Reply Quote

Holy ...

Considering you'll be doing arcane orb (tap the source) 40% of the time, and Magic Missile (charged blast) 60%.... and considering you would do what ever attack 70% of the time.

We would need:

Oh... nvm... we would lay Hydras, cast blizzard... and have other "mean-time" damage sources...

butcher has 2.7M HP on Inferno solo; that guide information is way wrong;
Reply Quote

Holy ...

We would need:

butcher has 2.7M HP on Inferno solo; that guide information is way wrong;

There ya go, I never looked at butchers hp pool haha, I just know I can't be screwing about while on him.
Reply Quote
Oh that explains a lot ... Lol...

Asking for 50K DPS was way too much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]