Diablo® III

Guess good play couldn't last..From Fanboi

I get lower then 200ms...Still Green
Been playing just fine and fluid since release...

But since the 1.03 patch I have rubber banding, server lag (not internet lag)
Seems like the server is sputtering and acting overloaded..

Sure hope they fix it again..
Reply Quote
Green is a sick cynical joke from blizzard to cover up terrible latency with "working as intended green"

Yes rubber banding and server lag is bad but the core issue of latency at 200-300ms for most AUS/NZ gamers is an issue that must be addressed if Blizzard is going to act on its obligation to "SUPPORT" the Australian/NZ region.

Blizzard should be ashamed. I am disgusted.
Reply Quote
49 Undead Priest
Same here, 217ms latency (sadly that's "good" fore me) but I'm rubberbanding like crazy. (A couple of times a minute)
Reply Quote
View profile
Green is a sick cynical joke from blizzard to cover up terrible latency with "working as intended green"

Yes rubber banding and server lag is bad but the core issue of latency at 200-300ms for most AUS/NZ gamers is an issue that must be addressed if Blizzard is going to act on its obligation to "SUPPORT" the Australian/NZ region.

Blizzard should be ashamed. I am disgusted.

get over yourself...dont know why your still on these forums with your stupid comments, if the game is that bad with lag and you hate them so much than get rid of it, or do something about it...so many people with alot to say but not much action is put into it..!

edit - some people have uninstalled the game yet still get on the forums with their useless replies..!
Edited by AnonymousOne#6219 on 6/20/2012 5:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah here we go.
Thee whiner that whines about people that have actual problems with the game!
Hypocrite!

Edit: Fixed it. Why are the people that are defending this game? Sitting on the forums?
If I liked it so much I would be too busy playing!
Edited by HellRaiser#1465 on 6/20/2012 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Ah here we go.
Thee whiner that whines about peoples actual problems with the game!
Hypocrite!

^example of a pointless reply..!
Reply Quote
Yeh I've found that I've got major spikes after 1.0.3. Before it use to be a rare occasion, maybe one a nice where it was spiking. Now it's quite bad, my internet is fine and my sister is away so I got all the bandwidth to myself. I hope they fix the servers soon, or maybe give us our own servers. I'll love you long time Blizzard if that happend. lol Atm, inferno champion packs are impossible with such bad latencies and I think I'm gonna just go back to playing sc2 for now.
Reply Quote
Yea, I've noticed a dramatic increase in rubber banding since the patch. Inferno is impossible. I already have all 5 classes into inferno because I've been waiting for the lag problem to be fixed before I did inferno, but it looks like it's just getting worse. To rub salt into our wounds they also hiked up the price of repairs, BAM! TAKE THAT AUSTRALIA HAHAHAHA! That is what I'm imagining the D3 developers doing right now. I imagine they are somehow watching us play the game and getting a great laugh from the rage emitted. Seriously though, what a joke.
Reply Quote
View profile
how do you guys come up with these thoughts..?its saddening and pathetic..!

are you guys thinking for them (blizzard) now..?

also ive stopped posting, because idiots on this forum are making me think like an idiot..!
Reply Quote
Yeah mate I have noticed more rubber banding today and this evening I spiked from 250msish to over 3k, for about 5 mins. Thank Christ I was not playing a HC toon lol.
Reply Quote
ow do you guys come up with these thoughts..?its saddening and pathetic..!

are you guys thinking for them (blizzard) now..?

also ive stopped posting, because idiots on this forum are making me think like an idiot..!

Nah mate, I'm just stating my experience and kinda hoping I'm not the only one with this issue. Cause obviously if it is, it's probably someone my end I need to investigate. It probably isn't though.

The other commenter I'm assuming is just looking at the funnier side of things. lol What can we do in this situation but have a good laugh, man up and move on. I'm sure blizzard will fix it up in time ... just thank god we're not playing hardcore. I would rage so hard and probably quit the game and demand a refund.
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 07:35 AMPosted by TDS21
Yeh I've found that I've got major spikes after 1.0.3. Before it use to be a rare occasion, maybe one a nice where it was spiking. Now it's quite bad, my internet is fine and my sister is away so I got all the bandwidth to myself. I hope they fix the servers soon, or maybe give us our own servers. I'll love you long time Blizzard if that happend. lol Atm, inferno champion packs are impossible with such bad latencies and I think I'm gonna just go back to playing sc2 for now.

Well, as all know I am a big fan of D3 and Blizz. I am not slamming Blizzard or whining I can't play the game. I am merely pointing out (and hopefully by some freakish chance a blizzard employee actual looks at this forum) it might get seen and not put on the wayside as just another 'troll'.
I also posted here because you get buried on page 3 immediately in the General Forums and trying to get a hold of support is non-existent

I am not talking 'Inferno' here, I am talking about ACT I Nightmere and Normal. Since release I have (and a mate in PA,USA so I don't think its location) have had sub 200ms latency and very smooth play at 100+ fps (because we use low video settings 1152x864 no shadows on) 98% of the time.

Now after Patch 1.03 we still have sub-200 latency and we still get 65-100+ FPS (using Fraps) but the server seems to be lagging that you rubber band and just plian stay standing in position with sound misfiring and video studder and it has nothing to do with system/internet lag (since its <200ms and high FPS)

I hope they fix it soon, as I am sure they will do as they have in their past games.
Reply Quote
Well, as all know I am a big fan of D3 and Blizz. I am not slamming Blizzard or whining I can't play the game. I am merely pointing out (and hopefully by some freakish chance a blizzard employee actual looks at this forum) it might get seen and not put on the wayside as just another 'troll'.
I also posted here because you get buried on page 3 immediately in the General Forums and trying to get a hold of support is non-existent

I am not talking 'Inferno' here, I am talking about ACT I Nightmere and Normal. Since release I have (and a mate in PA,USA so I don't think its location) have had sub 200ms latency and very smooth play at 100+ fps (because we use low video settings 1152x864 no shadows on) 98% of the time.

Now after Patch 1.03 we still have sub-200 latency and we still get 65-100+ FPS (using Fraps) but the server seems to be lagging that you rubber band and just plian stay standing in position with sound misfiring and video studder and it has nothing to do with system/internet lag (since its <200ms and high FPS)

I hope they fix it soon, as I am sure they will do as they have in their past games.

Yeh, I'm a big fan of blizzard. Although they strive to make their games better (realistically who wants to make it worse?), some of the decisions don't seem to have been thought out and tested. Maybe a PTD? I do like to believe that they are aware of all the issues and are trying to work around the clock to fix them up, but at the moment it seems some fixes are creating more issues. =/

The drops are getting better, and the UI improvements are awesome, so all in all it's a good patch. But the rubber banding coupled with the increased cost of repair, facing champion packs with crazy affixes such as any 3 of teleport/jailer/frozen/molten/arcane is really IMPOSSIBLE. I'd avoid playing now, or if I do play ... avoid champion packs with certain affixes. So yeh ... I guess blizzard wanted to change our battle tactics ... it worked ... kinda. =/
Edited by TDS21#1755 on 6/20/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well i don't have to deal with the 'Champion Packs' you speak of i'm not in Inferno.

I'm just a bit miffed they stuffed up start game now, as much as end game.
I might go play something else until 1.04 (when they will hopefully fix and not break thing)

This is NOT an 'I quit' post. D3 will still be installed and I will still be looking for a solution

One thing I have noticed.
* Your video settings were reset with the patch
* If you have a NVidia card upgrading to the most current drivers helps
* Setting the option "Maximum Frame Rate" to like 60 or 75 also helps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]