Diablo® III

Login information incorrect...

I should add: this is definitely a clientside problem. I am able to log into my account ingame on my friend's PC.

Edit: I tried deleting all of the D3 registry keys also. That didn't solve the problem either.
Edited by Explopyro#1883 on 6/19/2012 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
HBOMB

Did you get a Terms of Use pop-up after the patch? Wondering if this might be like the 315300 error you were getting before.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
HBOMB

Did you get a Terms of Use pop-up after the patch? Wondering if this might be like the 315300 error you were getting before.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

Dankorii.
No i did not see the terms of use pop up.
I also tried logging from my buddy's machine which worked the last patch.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
HBOMB

No luck on your buddy's machine either?

Reply Quote
Same here, I logged in to battle.net and changed my password yet I still get the error 3 "login information is incorrect". Is there not any solutions to this error? I was logged on earlier today. So many issues with patching it seems sigh.
Reply Quote
HBOMB

No luck on your buddy's machine either?

Nope. Same error 3.
Reply Quote
here's an interesting bit on this issue.

When I attempt to un check the 'remember my log' in box on the client it doesn't lose my info. it doesn't even do so if I attempt to change it to a nonsense log in, It still remembers my log in.

Seemingly this would point to a local issue but that doesn't jive with others stating they have this on multiple machines. Anyone else with this error care to check that out and see if their client behaves the same way?
Reply Quote
here's an interesting bit on this issue.

When I attempt to un check the 'remember my log' in box on the client it doesn't lose my info. it doesn't even do so if I attempt to change it to a nonsense log in, It still remembers my log in.

Seemingly this would point to a local issue but that doesn't jive with others stating they have this on multiple machines. Anyone else with this error care to check that out and see if their client behaves the same way?

This is what I just tried.
I attempted to login (remember my username is already checked).
Error 3 is the result.
I unchecked the "remember username" box.
Tried to log in again.
Error 3 (obviously) but my username remains in the box.
I quit D3 and restarted.
My username is still in the box, and the "remember username" box is checked again.
Reply Quote
Dankorii,

Could this be in any way related to the HUGE problem that isn't being addressed about accounts being reverted back to starter accounts? Sorry but the lack of response is getting frustrating.
Reply Quote
I am thinking about deleting and reinstalling the client but I am probably headed to bed instead. Maybe tomorrow.
Reply Quote
I tried to uninstall and delete all files and folders related to D3 and downloaded the setup file from BN and re-installed everything again, yet I still got the same error message: "Your login information was incorrect. Please try again. (Error 3)."

Hope anyone could help us to solve this issue.
Reply Quote
so error3 still there and no one can solve it...?
Reply Quote
have this exact same problem, so annoying

the thing is, i had this problem earlier this evening, then suddenly without doing anything i was able to login again. then an hour later, i suddenly get disconnected and now am getting "error 3", login info incorrect error again
sigh
Reply Quote
i've use my second account and login in successful,so i think our clients have no error and what happened on server.
Reply Quote
btw, yes i have a digital copy and yes today was the first time this type of thing occurred (patch related?)
Reply Quote
Have same problem.
After apply patch I got Error 14009, then I find information on forum, about delete Cache (Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment folder), after this Error change, now I got:
"Your login information was incorrect. Please try again. (Error 3)".
Web battle.net account work without problems, I change pasword, web access working.
But in Diablo 3, login still produce error when I wrote.

Some solution?
Reply Quote
maybe a find a solution,case i can log in:
first,i try my second accont and find it can log in .
then i log out and find my first count still can't log in.
then i try again my second account ,still log in.
i cancele the "remember the count" restart the game ,the default account is my second account now,then ,i can log in my first acount.
my guess is the default account make error3, server thinks this account is "a dubious account".
so try to change the default account and restart game ,or change it then have a log with the second account,then restart game.
Reply Quote
i/m a chinese,my english is to poor to convert my opinion.....i's sorry to make you comprehending what i said so hard..
Reply Quote
just bought the game 2day and Im having the exact same issue! Not happy or impresses seeing as we have had to wait over 10years 4 this game and than to have "Your login information was incorrect. Please try again. (Error 3)" NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!
Reply Quote
Information from log, maybe some1 help:
2012.06.20 13:42:39.27047200 ===== Battle.net Platform : Connect =====
2012.06.20 13:42:39.28743700 ===== Battle.net Platform : calling Interface.Connect to Bnet eu.actual.battle.net:1119 =====
2012.06.20 13:42:40.511652200 >>> Platform::OnConnected_Internal code=0 connId=1 address=eu.actual.battle.net port=1119
2012.06.20 13:42:40.698564200 >>> Platform::CheckAssert_OnAPIInitialized Platform::OnAPIInitialized_Authentication_Internal code=0
2012.06.20 13:42:40.700272700 ===== Battle.net Platform : Connected to Battle.net =====
2012.06.20 13:42:40.702051700 ===== Battle.net Platform : Authentication.Logon xxx@yyyy.eu =====
2012.06.20 13:42:40.847389200 >>> Platform::CheckAssert_OnAPIInitialized Platform::OnAPIInitialized_Challenge_Internal code=0
2012.06.20 13:42:40.849157200 >>> Platform::CheckAssert_OnAPIInitialized Platform::OnAPIInitialized_Report_Internal code=0
2012.06.20 13:42:41.219496200 >>> xxx@yyyy.eu BnetService::Authentication::LogonCallback code=0
2012.06.20 13:42:41.221216700 >>> AuthenticationListener::OnUpdate code=0
2012.06.20 13:42:41.813916700 >>> AuthenticationListener::OnModuleMessage name=RequestPassword
2012.06.20 13:42:41.815558700 >>> xxx@yyyy.eu BnetService::Authentication_OnModuleMessage name=RequestPassword
2012.06.20 13:42:41.962487700 >>> AuthenticationListener::OnFinish code=3
2012.06.20 13:42:41.964200200 >>> ((no hero selected)) OnlineService::BnetService::Logout
2012.06.20 13:42:41.968871700 ---------------- ModalNotificationManager::DefaultErrorHandler : Your login information was incorrect. Please try again. (Error 3) ----------------
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]