Diablo® III

Login information incorrect...

I got Error 3 too -Please Fix this

- I CAN LOGIN US but cant login EUROPE - strange?

i reset pass but not working
Reply Quote
UP ! same problem here can't log in ERROR 3
Reply Quote
same problem as everyone else. I also started off with error 14009 and deleted the cache folder in c:\programdata\blizzard etc...
I know I personally moved my diablo 3 folder from the original c:\programfiles[x86] to another drive since install and am wondering if that may have something to do with it....
Reply Quote
Same problem here. I can login on BattleNet's website but not the game. I keep getting an Error 3.
Reply Quote
Same problem here, reseting password does NOT help.

Fix it quick, stop wasting my time!

At the very least official aknowledge the problem, saying you're working on a solution and say where to check to see if a fix is found for this problem!!!!!!!!
Edited by Cabang#1374 on 6/20/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
HBOMB

Just for kicks, lets try creating and running the client from a new admin account to see if that has any positive effect.

Windows XP:

Click Start, then Control Panel.
Click User Accounts.
Click Create a new account.
Enter the account's name and click Next.
Select Computer Administrator and click Create Account.

Windows Vista/7:

Click the Start Menu, then Control Panel.
Click User Accounts.
Click Manage User Accounts, then Create new account.
Enter the new account's name and click Next.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
@ Everyone else experiencing this issue,

I'm not ignoring you guys. I've dealt with HBOMB on a similar issue before, so I feel it would be best to try to figure this out with him since I already have most of his info saved.

Helping him out will hopefully narrow this issue down so I can then assist you guys.

In the mean time, you guys are more than welcome to try out the steps mentioned here, so we can rule those out as possible solutions: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/error-315300-incorrect-usernamepassword
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

Reply Quote
^^ Thanks for the fix. After creating a new admin account and logging into game under that account I was then able to switch back to my original account and everything is running smoothly now. Thanks!!!
Reply Quote
Tried changing administrator account, didnt work.....
Reply Quote
So when is a fix coming for this issue. I know if a ticket came across my desk at work and told the user that the fix was making a new local machine account they'd want me fired.

but this needs a client patch to fix whatever you guys borked with local settings storage. so I guess we'll be waiting a good stretch.
Reply Quote
Creating a second admin account, logging in there, then switching back to my "main" admin account fixed the problem. (Have had this happen both times right after patch).

Running windows 7.
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 03:42 PMPosted by tman
So when is a fix coming for this issue. I know if a ticket came across my desk at work and told the user that the fix was making a new local machine account they'd want me fired.

amen to this. I would call for the head of any tech associate that closed my ticket like this.
Reply Quote
HBOMB

Just for kicks, lets try creating and running the client from a new admin account to see if that has any positive effect.

Windows XP:

Click User Accounts.

Windows Vista/7:

Click User Accounts.

NO. I played the game fine yesterday. So this is not a solution it is a temporary work around.

Good luck with your game, between the 1.0.3 patch and this I have uninstalled Diablo 3 and canceled my pre-order for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm.

On the plus side you motivate me enough to talk three of my co-workers from not buying Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
HBOMB

Windows XP:

Click User Accounts.

Windows Vista/7:

Click User Accounts.

I get the same error.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
HBOMB

Email has been sent.

Reply Quote
View profile
Do blues randomly choose who to reset, or even answer? I havent been able to log on to diablo, and everytime I try, it makes it so i cant log on to wow either. then i have to reset my passwords. but i get no reply about it.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
MacroVision

No, I usually just go for who is currently active in the thread. Are you getting the error 3 when trying to log in?

Reply Quote
Logging in with a new Admin account fixed problem. One thing to note: When I was fixing a friends account for him it gave me the same error. I had to again log into my Admin account in windows.

It seems that the problem is still there, but was bypassed.
Reply Quote
making a new user account works but thats not a solution anyone wants...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]