Diablo® III

Failed to Download a Required File

It sure is. What does that mean?
Reply Quote
dashnaam
how did you do this?

might be whats the problem with mine too as the patch up.info thingy didnt work for me neither hm,
still looping,

and working internet connection

kind regards anton
Reply Quote
.tfil patch didnt work.
im only connected at home.

even deleted the .mpq files at the "update" folder for files that might have been corrupted.

any advice? ive disabled all my firewall both in my mac and router(belkin), still no go.

HELP
Edited by WARTOOTH#6509 on 5/9/2013 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
tried everything suggested in here and still not working
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 07:35 AMPosted by WUMIN
tried everything suggested in here and still not working

I tried everything there and still not working for me too.

Started a ticket with Blizzard and they also have been unable to help.
Reply Quote
any advice? Have been trying for the last 2 days since the new patch.
Reply Quote
any update on this? bump
Reply Quote
tried both of this and worked!

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

https://sea.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-mac

delete the two battle.net folders:

/Users/Shared/Blizzard/battle.net
&
/Users/Shared/battle.net

worked for me
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
There's a sticky up right now regarding typical patch issues like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8769297767?page=1#0

It contains the instructions for resolving this particular problem.
Reply Quote
I use windows. doesnt work
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
05/15/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Oog

Oog, you'll need to post in the Technical Support forum so you can receive Windows help.

Technical Support (PC/Windows): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/
Reply Quote
I have this problem but i have no battle.net folder or any kind of diablo folder coz i just uninstalled everything so what can i do ?? rly wanna play d3 plz help
Reply Quote
delete the flowing profile then try again
XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\battle.net
win7 C:\ProgramData\battle.net
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Oog

I understand this is a mac support forum, but obviously Windows users like myself have managed to find their way here while trying to find a solution to this issue. The solution to my problem likely applies to both OSes.

I decided to fire up D3 again after being gone for a while and ran into this 'unable to download a required file' error. Most of the search results pertained to network issues or launcher/agent versions. I was 99% sure my home network was not the issue and updated the launchers. Still unable to download. And then it hit me.

In an effort to reduce stuttering in-game, I used the 'mpqs to flash drive' trick by copying the mpqs to a flash drive and creating a link to that drive for those files rather than use them from the HD. So, come time to update, the flash drive was not plugged in and thus updating these files was impossible.

I imagine if I were to simply put the drive back in and try, it would have begun updating properly, but I'm sort of hoping that issue has been fixed and I don't need to use a 16GB flash drive to play this game. Instead, I simply deleted the link, renamed the old mpq directory to the original name (MPQs), and fired up the launcher. Problem solved.

This is the path to my D3 directory, which may have been changed slightly from the default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC

The PC directory should contain your renamed MPQs directory as well as the link to your flash drive MPQ files. Simply delete the link, rename the old mpq directory to 'MPQs' and you're set.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
This is why you do not separate the game files from the installation folder. Ever. Either put the entire game on the flash drive or not at all. Doing otherwise is just asking for trouble, especially if Diablo 3 starts getting the "small patch" treatment that WoW now sees. And since the upcoming Battle.net Desktop Application is replaing our launchers and automatically downloads updates, it would be doubly bad to move any files to a separate location.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
for me it (OS X) was a permission problem:
open a terminal and execute "sudo chown -R $username /Applications/Diablo\ III" where $username is your short username (say "deckard" and not "Deckard Cain"). This command changes the owner of the folder /Applications/Diablo III to the given username (and all files in that folder). Use with care! If you don't know what you are doing, better stop and ask someone with some knowledge in OS X.

You could probably use finder as well - never tried ....

the game was installed with a different account on this machine - i never found the exact error log, but now it works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]