Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
.tfil patch didnt work.
im only connected at home.
even deleted the .mpq files at the "update" folder for files that might have been corrupted.
any advice? ive disabled all my firewall both in my mac and router(belkin), still no go.
Edited by WARTOOTH#6509 on 5/9/2013 7:26 AM PDT
tried both of this and worked!
delete the two battle.net folders:
worked for me
There's a sticky up right now regarding typical patch issues like this:
It contains the instructions for resolving this particular problem.
I understand this is a mac support forum, but obviously Windows users like myself have managed to find their way here while trying to find a solution to this issue. The solution to my problem likely applies to both OSes.
I decided to fire up D3 again after being gone for a while and ran into this 'unable to download a required file' error. Most of the search results pertained to network issues or launcher/agent versions. I was 99% sure my home network was not the issue and updated the launchers. Still unable to download. And then it hit me.
In an effort to reduce stuttering in-game, I used the 'mpqs to flash drive' trick by copying the mpqs to a flash drive and creating a link to that drive for those files rather than use them from the HD. So, come time to update, the flash drive was not plugged in and thus updating these files was impossible.
I imagine if I were to simply put the drive back in and try, it would have begun updating properly, but I'm sort of hoping that issue has been fixed and I don't need to use a 16GB flash drive to play this game. Instead, I simply deleted the link, renamed the old mpq directory to the original name (MPQs), and fired up the launcher. Problem solved.
This is the path to my D3 directory, which may have been changed slightly from the default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Data_D3\PC
The PC directory should contain your renamed MPQs directory as well as the link to your flash drive MPQ files. Simply delete the link, rename the old mpq directory to 'MPQs' and you're set.
This is why you do not separate the game files from the installation folder. Ever. Either put the entire game on the flash drive or not at all. Doing otherwise is just asking for trouble, especially if Diablo 3 starts getting the "small patch" treatment that WoW now sees. And since the upcoming Battle.net Desktop Application is replaing our launchers and automatically downloads updates, it would be doubly bad to move any files to a separate location.
Diablo III and World of Warcraft Technical Support MVP
Official Mac Tech Support Forum Cookie™ (Mint Chocolate Chip)
Guaranteed tasty; Potentially volatile when dipped in General Forums Syrup®
Caution: This cookie bites back.
for me it (OS X) was a permission problem:
open a terminal and execute "sudo chown -R $username /Applications/Diablo\ III" where $username is your short username (say "deckard" and not "Deckard Cain"). This command changes the owner of the folder /Applications/Diablo III to the given username (and all files in that folder). Use with care! If you don't know what you are doing, better stop and ask someone with some knowledge in OS X.
You could probably use finder as well - never tried ....
the game was installed with a different account on this machine - i never found the exact error log, but now it works.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.