Diablo® III

Blues..THIS is what people are afraid of...

+1 -- I whole-heartedly agree -- There IS a lot of sarcasm in this post - but let's face it ... we are all trying to cope - AMIRIGHT!?!?

I too am interested to see where this is all going - when we heard of the nerf on IAS my buddies and I all bought Crit dmg and crit chance --- yes now we are ALL worried this will be nerfed --- just point me to the safe and final gear stat --- is it armor?? just let me know!
06/20/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Dsx
Look, more hidden footprints!
06/20/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Darg
If they nerf Indestructable items - then worry. Until then, that is what I will wear.

I dumped 350k last night on 4 pieces of gear that have the indestructible attribute. Soon, I will be invincible!

Well ... my gear will be invincible! hahaha!
then all the melee people will be telling us: "dude, you shouldn't be stacking crit in the first place... make a balanced build". I don't get this whole "balanced build" nonsense, and I really do feel like some of this comes from people who didn't really know how to play. I mean if I find an item that gives me more damage, I am not going to forgo damage simply because "I don't like that this one stat is good".

I really don't understand why it bothers so many melee chars that ranged does so much damage. If we had pvp that would be one thing, but we aren't even close to having pvp so I don't get why they can't sleep at night knowing how much damage ranged did.
then all the melee people will be telling us: "dude, you shouldn't be stacking crit in the first place... make a balanced build". I don't get this whole "balanced build" nonsense, and I really do feel like some of this comes from people who didn't really know how to play. I mean if I find an item that gives me more damage, I am not going to forgo damage simply because "I don't like that this one stat is good".

I really don't understand why it bothers so many melee chars that ranged does so much damage. If we had pvp that would be one thing, but we aren't even close to having pvp so I don't get why they can't sleep at night knowing how much damage ranged did.

Thing is, come pvp, it is ranged who won't be able to sleep at night. You do understand how resists work right?
CRT DMG & ISA should have been nerfed from the START. Simple soft caps like they had in D2 for Dodge, Resist Caps, etc.... are common in games to keep balance and prevent single stat stacking.

CRT DMG was a bigger issue then IAS stacking and now what majority of the community is doing to reach 300k+ DMG. Someone rolling with 400%+ on crt dmg and soloing mobs in glass canon builds will continue to be an issue till CRT DMG is capped!

The reason they capped IAS is because high end dmg was to high and I expect CRT DMG to be nerfed also. But you should go balance and stack your primary dmg stat, resist, vit as bonus get IAS & CRT DMG/Chance.

You don't need 300k DMG - Just enough survival to last 4-5 hits, so you can run and decent DPS to kill elites in 1-2 minutes.
Thing is, come pvp, it is ranged who won't be able to sleep at night. You do understand how resists work right?

pvp isn't here yet so I really don't care. I just want to play the game as it is, and right now how much damage ranged does really doesn't affect anyone.

Also, I am not exactly sure what your point is. It is almost like you are agreeing with me, but trying to make it sound like I am wrong at the same time. As it stands, there isn't really much for them to "balance". According to a blue post, only 1.9% of all characters beat inferno. It isn't like everyone and their brother beat this game and there is nothing to do.

The problem also is that the people who develop the mechanics have openly admitted they don't really know what they are doing. In essense, this game is still in its development stage, and we are all doing the work for them. This patch really shows that. What is happening is that the players are figuring out how all of the stats work, and then blizzard goes and says, "ok this is how we would actually like to see the game played". They should have just done this to begin with, instead of letting so many players find a play style that worked for them and turn things on their head.
They should change the version to 1.0.NERF

Don't forget they nerfed the drop rates in Inferno Act3/4. They upped the number of rares you get but you will still end up with far fewer iLvl 62+ items.
CRT DMG & ISA should have been nerfed from the START. Simple soft caps like they had in D2 for Dodge, Resist Caps, etc.... are common in games to keep balance and prevent single stat stacking.

CRT DMG was a bigger issue then IAS stacking and now what majority of the community is doing to reach 300k+ DMG. Someone rolling with 400%+ on crt dmg and soloing mobs in glass canon builds will continue to be an issue till CRT DMG is capped!

The reason they capped IAS is because high end dmg was to high and I expect CRT DMG to be nerfed also. But you should go balance and stack your primary dmg stat, resist, vit as bonus get IAS & CRT DMG/Chance.

You don't need 300k DMG - Just enough survival to last 4-5 hits, so you can run and decent DPS to kill elites in 1-2 minutes.
\

Exactly how I think!

I was kinda pissed that there is no cap for res, ias, or life on hit even

really blizz?

if you don't have a cap people will stack it til they cant anymore, imagine if damage reduce in d2 didn't have a 75% cap and actually let you get above 100% becoming immune to all attacks

so stupid. without a cap people don't know how far to go so you're just nerfing everyone's progress

petition for caps
Edited by plouyd#1632 on 6/20/2012 2:04 PM PDT
06/20/2012 01:45 PMPosted by KiithNabaal

pvp isn't here yet so I really don't care. I just want to play the game as it is, and right now how much damage ranged does really doesn't affect anyone.

Also, I am not exactly sure what your point is. It is almost like you are agreeing with me, but trying to make it sound like I am wrong at the same time. As it stands, there isn't really much for them to "balance". According to a blue post, only 1.9% of all characters beat inferno. It isn't like everyone and their brother beat this game and there is nothing to do.

The problem also is that the people who develop the mechanics have openly admitted they don't really know what they are doing. In essense, this game is still in its development stage, and we are all doing the work for them. This patch really shows that. What is happening is that the players are figuring out how all of the stats work, and then blizzard goes and says, "ok this is how we would actually like to see the game played". They should have just done this to begin with, instead of letting so many players find a play style that worked for them and turn things on their head.

I was disagreeing in the sense that you said a balanced build was nonsense. It's not. However I do agree that ranged doing more damage should not be a detriment to any melee's play. It was disheartening to see the ranged classes spending less and getting a much larger result though, that's probably were a lot of the thought behind the ias nerf and repair cost changes came from.

I just don't understand why people are freaking out so hard about it. As you stated this game is in it's infancy. Of course that's not an excuse for the devs to run rampant with nerfs, but changes will happen. It's not like it was done without warning.

Only one thing leaves me scratching my head. Where did they admit that they didn't know what they are doing? Or are you implying that from their actions? I honestly think the changes are for the better (except for the mf chest crap), but they will never be able to please absolutely everyone.
85 Undead Warlock
Don't worry, as soon as everyone buys new crit gear, they will rebuff IAS and nerf crit.... yay more money :)
Community Manager
There are plenty of stats we could have nerfed, there are many (some which have been mentioned) which are probably skewing itemization and build variety. We nerfed IAS because it was probably the worst offender, and because unlike most other stats has a bigger impact on mobility and resources. We know build variety is still affected by a number of issues and factors. We plan to really attack that problem in 1.1, but we didn't think IAS could sit as it was until then.

We don't want people to be afraid of nerfs, and ... I guess maybe I can try to get that across by saying we could have nerfed a bunch of stats that probably deserve it to some degree, but we didn't (aren't you thankful!?), because we don't believe our design approach should be constantly noodling with really important things, like stats. It should only be when we have an extreme situation developing, and we felt that was the case with IAS.
Edited by Bashiok on 6/20/2012 5:33 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
There are plenty of stats we could have nerfed, there are many (some which have been mentioned) which are probably skewing itemization and build variety. We nerfed IAS because it was probably the worst offender, and because unlike most other stats has a bigger impact on mobility and resources. We know build variety is still affected by a number of issues and factors. We plan to really attack that problem in 1.1, but we didn't think IAS could sit as it was until then.

We don't want people to be afraid of nerfs, and ... I guess maybe I can try to get that across by saying we could have nerfed a bunch of stats that probably deserve it to some degree, but we didn't (aren't you thankful!?), because we don't believe our design approach should be constantly noodling with really important things, like stats. It should only be when we have an extreme situation developing, and we felt that was the case with IAS.

We want our attacks to be faster, gives us a 20% IAS buff to EVERYONE. This fixes all problems, IAS on gear will still be worthless and everyone will be happy. No one is looking for IAS because you already have it, and no one is complaining. Make it happen.

You want the stat to mean less, and you've done that, while making it meaningless. Can I please have my IAS back on my weapon? It was the lowest budget and it only increased the weapons DPS. My weapon went from being worth 21 million IGG before the nerf was announced, to less than 10 million.
Edited by Demo#1341 on 6/20/2012 5:38 PM PDT

Finally, an answer. Apparently you're happy with the change and it's here to stay then. Oh well, thanks for the answer I suppose, I'm out of here. Cya.

Wyatt I think mentioned in that AMAA thread about feeling like you've broken the game.

that feeling you get when your character becomes so powerful that you feel almost like you've broken the game, they wanted that to some degree as a design philosophy in the end game spectrum.

Does that still apply?

Right now you can't exactly achieve "game broken-ness" with your character, the only way I see "game broken" power is if you're trying out a build for melee that doesn't revolve around tanking(lets just say it's not a good broken)
In my view, the only people with real reason to complain are people who invested Gold or Real Money into buying IAS gear.

I would wager that most of these complaints are just from on-lookers wanting to get in on the flame bandwagon. A damned shame, because empty-headed whineposts really drown out the legitimate issues raised by legitimate gamers with legitimate concerns.

As is, I have no issues with how this is being handled.
what about the fun element tho? this is mostly a single player. sure there is a big community that is somewhat connected to each-other but you don't need to balance the game like it was an mmo.. sure pvp is gonna come soon(tm) and you will need somewhat of balance but abusing the system a LITTLE bit is what makes a game fun.. this is an ARPG after all, hitting stuff fast, running with 30% speed buff.. stuff like that makes it more fun and crazy.. who gets hurt from this?!
what about the crappy repair cost.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]