Diablo® III

Repair Costs - The bull in the china shop

I will agree with Hurricane, your responses (UrbanEvil) are not constructive, biased, and opinionated. Also, no, we do not have the same gear. All gear is random in the game. Can you honestly tell me you have the exact same gear, piece by piece, stat for stat, level for level? No, didn't think so. Move along and take your toxic posts else where.

Thanks Bashiok, your last sentence atleast shows that Blizzard is looking into the costs that I am referring to. Much appreciated.
Edited by AGodAmongMen#1365 on 6/20/2012 4:50 PM PDT
06/20/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Bashiok
Which community manager has the fortitude to address the 90% negative feedback surrounding repair costs

Oh... I guess me.

No one is going to like additional repair costs. I'm not sure how any feedback would be "Great, I really love paying more for repair costs." however, we have seen enough feedback and data to show that the ratio is pretty good as long as people aren't throwing their character's corpses against enemies. Death has meant nothing for a very long time now, and it's going to take some getting used to and just understanding that death is no longer something that just happens, it should be something you're really fighting to avoid, and potentially being smarter about tackling content you can actually tackle.

That said, we think the normal wear and tear is maybe too high. Just fighting is probably too expensive, and we're looking at potential adjustments there.

YES FOR THE LOVE GOD!
90 Undead Rogue
Which community manager has the fortitude to address the 90% negative feedback surrounding repair costs

Oh... I guess me.

No one is going to like additional repair costs. I'm not sure how any feedback would be "Great, I really love paying more for repair costs." however, we have seen enough feedback and data to show that the ratio is pretty good as long as people aren't throwing their character's corpses against enemies. Death has meant nothing for a very long time now, and it's going to take some getting used to and just understanding that death is no longer something that just happens, it should be something you're really fighting to avoid, and potentially being smarter about tackling content you can actually tackle.

That said, we think the normal wear and tear is maybe too high. Just fighting is probably too expensive, and we're looking at potential adjustments there.

Well, at least you are looking into wear and tear, but I'll repost this for your connivance...

The repair cost increase was to combat death zerging, but the problem is that it now interferes with general play in a negative manner. This is due to the simultaneous nerf to MF, object drops, gold drops, and mob drops.

The death zerging problem could have been addressed in a number of ways:

1. Increase durability loss via death but allow normal wear and tear to remain as it was. This punishes dying, but encourages ppl to actually play the game and not rely on the gah/rmah or other gold farming techniques

2. Have the mob packs reset upon death making zerging impossible. This solves the problem handily. Was it too complicated for blizz to figure out?

3. They could have had a limited number of deaths per zone/check point forcing a reset following several simultaneous deaths. Honestly, I wouldn't like this, but hey I'm just throwing out ideas here.

If they wanted more gold sinks there are also several more enticing ways to go about it.
Edited by Olo#1523 on 6/20/2012 4:51 PM PDT
So what your saying is playing level 60 normal mode is half a step down from hardcore right? If we wanted death to have a hard hit or lasting effect wouldn't we play hardcore instead?
don't worry about changing it we are all just watching the forums at this point and not playing, SO many people will never by your games again over this so maybe you might wanan get used to a smaller paycheck smart fella.
Edited by Kruella#1322 on 6/20/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Toxic responses like this have no place in this thread. We simply want the community managers to acknowledge the concerns of a large number of players, and if you aren't one of them then don't respond.

Your bad, i hear facebook has games maybe thats more up your alley? Hate to be blunt, but ya know not everyone can grow up to be the president, some ppl gotta be janitors..

Not being toxic, just being honest.. Sometimes the truth hurts, fact of the matter is not everyones going to be PRO/ELITE/[INSERT COOL NAME HERE] at d3 or any other game for that matter.
06/20/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Tyoj

Oh... I guess me.

You guys are such jackasses, if we wanted to be penalized for dying, we would be playing hardcore.

Yup. In addition there is a respawn timer.

Truth: Blizz trying to keep inflation down for RMAH.
06/20/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Urbanevil
@Urbanevil, my issue is not even caused by playing on levels that are too high. My issue happens only because of the fact my gear is level 53 or above. Your supposed logic does not even apply to my issue, so yes, it is Blizzarrds fault that my repairs have skyrocketed. I would take the extra costs for hits or deaths, but this isn't the case.

The irony here is to great, you name yourself AGodAmongMen, yet are complaining about simple things like repair costs. Im sorry i have all 60+ gear as well as 6 legendarys currently equipped, my repair costs are not running me broke, so whats the issue? As a matter of fact, since the patch i have increased my earnings with the 5 NV buff and just running thru entire acts killing elites. L2P, or don't complain, simple as that.

That I think is the problem. Players are skipping the "trash mobs" that drop gold/items and only look for champion/elite packs for the NV so they can then go straight to the act boss and get their loot.
I would say that your data views are based on statistical averages of death rate versus repair rates. The problem with this is that a select portion of the well geared community will skew the statistics of your analysis. In other words it's 90% of the same undergeared players working on new gear -- that are dying over and over, and 10% of the players that are clearing entire acts at a "profit". Has that been considered in the analysis? Using a "big numbers" approach to the analysis is a easy -- but flawed one. I would ask that the statistical methods used are heavily reviewed, and quite frankly the feedback says they need to be. Thank you for the acknowledgement.

Cheers

Oh... I guess me.

100 Dwarf Warrior

Oh... I guess me.

Yeah, if you just fixed the wear and tear costs that would be a huge step. Not dying, barely getting hit, and still having massive repair bills is ridiculous.
80 Dwarf Shaman
06/20/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Tyoj

Oh... I guess me.

You guys are such jackasses, if we wanted to be penalized for dying, we would be playing hardcore.

Being penalized for dying, and losing a character for dying are two entirely different things. DERP
91 Blood Elf Mage

Oh... I guess me.

Thanks for acknowledging that.
06/20/2012 04:47 PMPosted by MintyFresh
You have to repair regardless if you die or not. Bashiok pls go.

+1 can we get a CM who isn't going to respond as a condescending jackass?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]