Diablo® III

Repair Costs - The bull in the china shop

Oh... I guess me.

No one is going to like additional repair costs. I'm not sure how any feedback would be "Great, I really love paying more for repair costs." however, we have seen enough feedback and data to show that the ratio is pretty good as long as people aren't throwing their character's corpses against enemies. Death has meant nothing for a very long time now, and it's going to take some getting used to and just understanding that death is no longer something that just happens, it should be something you're really fighting to avoid, and potentially being smarter about tackling content you can actually tackle.

That said, we think the normal wear and tear is maybe too high. Just fighting is probably too expensive, and we're looking at potential adjustments there.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
90 Night Elf Druid
A lot of these packs have affix combinations that are basically guaranteed to kill you. Its not an issue of players "throwing their character's corpses against enemies".

Personally, about half the packs I ran into in Act 2 Inferno I could kill in my sleep, but there were others that were basically unkillable and not avoidable (can't escape them). I feel sorry for low skilled or poorly geared characters who are more or less forever trapped in Act 1 Inferno or prior.
90 Worgen Warlock
I am completely astounded at the amount of negative feedback.

I have made gold playing inferno, despite the gold repair costs.

Everyone here who is complaining just is bad at the game and does not understand how to build their characters properly to combat the game mode that blizzard promised was going to be extremely difficult.
Wait, what?

So it was a change that was brought in that you knew noone would like but...you brought it in anyway?

Huh?

I don't understand how in entertainment media that makes any sense.
06/20/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Bashiok
Which community manager has the fortitude to address the 90% negative feedback surrounding repair costs

Oh... I guess me.

No one is going to like additional repair costs. I'm not sure how any feedback would be "Great, I really love paying more for repair costs." however, we have seen enough feedback and data to show that the ratio is pretty good as long as people aren't throwing their character's corpses against enemies. Death has meant nothing for a very long time now, and it's going to take some getting used to and just understanding that death is no longer something that just happens, it should be something you're really fighting to avoid, and potentially being smarter about tackling content you can actually tackle.

That said, we think the normal wear and tear is maybe too high. Just fighting is probably too expensive, and we're looking at potential adjustments there.

Great, I really love paying more for repair costs.

No seriously, it is a good thing that deaths are finally more meaningful, as they should be.
This is how it should have been at release, maybe we would have had less graveyard zerging of Inferno for weeks.

One of the best changes in 1.0.3.
"You're dying too much, big brother is watching and we don't like it. Yeah item drops are crappy and bland enough where that will bound to happen, but to prevent further attempts, instead of actually fixing the problem of progression rates versus average loot gained over that progression while playing, we're just going to make repeated attempts cost a lot. Damn we're smart!"
Which community manager has the fortitude to address the 90% negative feedback surrounding repair costs

Oh... I guess me.

Changes like this would be fine if your game was working properly. Bugged mortar being spammed on top of my Monk in melee range...yeah. Pretty annoying to have to account for bugs in deciding which act I will be able to farm.
I am completely astounded at the amount of negative feedback.

I have made gold playing inferno, despite the gold repair costs.

Everyone here who is complaining just is bad at the game and does not understand how to build their characters properly to combat the game mode that blizzard promised was going to be extremely difficult.

If 90% of the people playing the game are "bad at the game" then that suggests the game's standards too high.
RMAH is all Blizz cares about, let's be real. They just want the monies. Not your loyalty or satisfaction. It's all about the $$$
I forgot to mention you are facing a large amount of mortaring/jailer/reflect minions.
Wear diamond skin and storm armor with scramble.

Thanks again for an acknowledgement. This is a great beginning.

Cheers.

Oh... I guess me.

90 Worgen Druid
So if we happen to go completely broke and all of our equipment breaks, we need to start a new character so we can get money while leveling up in order to pay for the repairs of our high level characters.

Not all of us are swimming in millions of gold 24/7.

Oh... I guess me.

Hey Bashiok,

Stop telling people how to play a damned ARPG. Corpse zerging should be fine if someone wants to do it... but you already HAVE measures in place to stop it! You have a rez timer where even if someone parks mobs ON the rez point, it gets high enough that they reset their health to full. So why are you screwing with repairs?

THIS IS NOT WOW. Death doesn't HAVE TO MEAN ANYTHING!

How hard is this for you people to understand?

Death in any and all videogames has allways been Game over.....

Never die easy

If your a zerg nub rushing to your death... then you should be paying tons of repair bills.. fool
Edited by Tktoast#1293 on 6/20/2012 5:01 PM PDT

Oh... I guess me.

When? you hotfix things that benefit players, yet &#^@ like this take weeks? guys, I already filed for a charge back for my wow annual pass, those don't take long. Unless you address the issue immediately where i cannot play due to it costing more than i make, i will get my charge back.
85 Worgen Mage

Oh... I guess me.

I'd really like to see some adjustments. I'm not as super-core as some of these people, but I really don't believe it's part of the intended design to get locked out of a necessary dungeon by some crazy elite combo, and have to leave the game, just to continue.
It's bad enough that gear drops in any given act consist mainly of junk that wouldn't allow you to survive the previous difficulty, but when leaving the game becomes a progression mechanic, something is wrong.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]